Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 09:11 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
A concern I have seen in the redevelopment plans is the lack of another access point into Verdae from Laurens Road between Woodruff Road and Verdae Boulevard. Without connectivity, customers will access businesses with easier access.

I think a supermarket locating along Woodruff Road near Rocky Slope Road may be the next best option.
Yes that's another good location and what about the vacant corner opposite BI-LO that fronts Laurens at the entrance of Verdae? I am surprised another supermarket hasn't already started construction with all the new rooftops going up at Verdae and all the new apartments on Haywood, Verdae and more about to go up near Breakaway and that Rocky Slope end of Woodruff.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:36 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes that's another good location and what about the vacant corner opposite BI-LO that fronts Laurens at the entrance of Verdae?
I think Bonaventure Office Park will remain geared to corporate and professional office uses, and should be infilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger
I am surprised another supermarket hasn't already started construction with all the new rooftops going up at Verdae and all the new apartments on Haywood, Verdae and more about to go up near Breakaway and that Rocky Slope end of Woodruff.
Another supermarket with the necessities of food and pharmacy would be smart to locate in Verdae now. The trade area can easily pull from Gower Estates and from some neighborhoods along Roper Mountain Road.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:15 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
A station in that area is long overdue since Murphy closed a few years back across the street in the former Sam's Club parking lot.

If either Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods or Ingles become part of the new shopping development on the Verdae side of Laurens then possibly another fuel center could come to that area in the future.
Is another supermarket viable in this immediate trade area as long as the Bi-Lo at Verdae remains in business? I have heard this may be one of the nicer remaining Bi-Lo locations, as others have declined or ceased operation.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:29 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Is another supermarket viable in this immediate trade area as long as the Bi-Lo at Verdae remains in business? I have heard this may be one of the nicer remaining Bi-Lo locations, as others have declined or ceased operation.
The Verdae trade area can support another supermarket if it is the right participant to provide competition against Bi-Lo #5704, Verdae Village, 101 Verdae Boulevard Suite 1200, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-3885.

Old 04-13-2016, 05:36 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Arby's announces new restaurant coming to Laurens

Arbys for Laurens soon?

Old 04-13-2016, 08:11 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Ah.. Should have thought of that lot. It's been cleared for quite some time.

You're probably the only other person who would notice this one here.. But that corner gas station here in Gray Court appears to have re-opened. I think the folks who were there before moved down the road and are now that "Gray Court Party Shop" next to the liquor store.

And.. While it's the wrong topic for closings.. That Vape Shop/Epperly's Antiques has closed down.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:16 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ah.. Should have thought of that lot. It's been cleared for quite some time.

You're probably the only other person who would notice this one here.. But that corner gas station here in Gray Court appears to have re-opened. I think the folks who were there before moved down the road and are now that "Gray Court Party Shop" next to the liquor store.

And.. While it's the wrong topic for closings.. That Vape Shop/Epperly's Antiques has closed down.
Ill have to look this morning, but I didn't notice anything the last 3 mornings. Those folks, as I understand it, went back to India. The GCPS is owned by Tommy Leopard, who has owned several quick stop type stores around. The building beside House of Pizza was one of his stores, the little store at the caution light in Owings, the store across from Milliken in Laurens, and now the party shop.

It is open, but I couldnt tell how much they had in there, looked to be in the process of stocking the shelves and cleaning up.

Last edited by UpstateJohn; 04-14-2016 at 05:35 AM..

Old 04-14-2016, 11:38 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Germany-based supermarket coming to the Upstate - Upstate Business Journal

Old 04-14-2016, 12:17 PM

723 posts, read 1,149,887 times
It's interesting that no specific Greenville locations were mentioned, just the Spartanburg ones.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:52 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Pizza place to take over former Park Avenue Pub
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area