Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 12:34 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Coming soon to where old body shop/gas station is on McBee Avenue across from Suntrust building: American Roadside

They'll sell various different things. They stay afloat by selling consumer goods. Apparently there is demand for popcorn. Ever been here: http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/ I had the pleasure of visiting Garrett's in downtown Chicago last year. Puts movie theater popcorn to utter shame.
I'll have to check it out! Before I wrote that I didn't consider having snack food when visiting Fall's Park.

American Roadside will be a treat for that area that is surprisingly getting a lot of foot traffic from McBee Station to Main (though most of that may be from people parking at McBee and going to restaurants to work). It will only have four parking spots aimed at to go orders off Irvine Street. And they will have some outdoor dining. It's open until 10PM Mondays through Saturdays so that's a big plus for me. We need places staying open late especially on weekedays.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:59 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Wingstop recently opened at 1717 Woodruff Road (same strip as Bruegger's Bagels). ...lemon pepper...

Old 06-01-2012, 03:28 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,050 times
Quote:
Coming soon to where old body shop/gas station is on McBee Avenue across from Suntrust building: American Roadside
That's EXACTLY the kind of thing we need more of! Old gas stations (REALLY old ones, that is) make cool bars, cafes, etc.. Kind of Quaker Steak-ish, but just different enough... And it's downtown.... And it's in an actual old service station!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:53 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Fuel Pizza in Charlotte started in an old gas station, and has now expanded to several locations there.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:22 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,840,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furman94 View Post
Fatz is renovating the space with a fast casual concept that'll feature local farms and regional foods, per the Fatz corporate representative that I bumped in to while visiting the Limestone Farms booth at the TD Saturday Market. Looking for local eggs for what he called, "the best brunch in town".

In other news, Tavern 24 coming to Woodruff Rd in the former Fatz Cafe space: Tavern 24

In a quick search for job listings, here's some insight:

"Now accepting applications for our new restaurant opening in Greenville, SC
We want you to join our new Tavern 24 Family!

NOT YOUR AVERAGE SPORTS BAR…

Tavern 24 is the preeminent option for friends to gather after work for happy
hour, re-connect with family or catch the game while still receiving great
quality food made with fresh ingredients, whether it is dine-in or ToGo.
Enjoy a laid-back tavern environment without the annoying audio
interference and order premium items from a robust menu that won’t break
the bank. We are looking hard working, engaged individuals with fun, upbeat personalities and a high level of energy to take care of our guests."
This is interesting, a locally sourced fast casual restaurant? I haven't ever eated at a Fatz but I might just have to check that out when it opens

Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Fatz is mediocre at best, in my opinion. I consider it on par with Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday's, Cheddar's, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 AM

3,200 posts, read 4,610,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Fuel Pizza in Charlotte started in an old gas station, and has now expanded to several locations there.
Fuel Pizza is awesome. You should try to get one in Greenville.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:30 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Fatz is mediocre at best, in my opinion. I consider it on par with Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday's, Cheddar's, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster.
Just the word "Fatz" in the name makes me want to stay far away.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 AM

3,200 posts, read 4,610,732 times
Quote:
Just the word "Fatz" in the name makes me want to stay far away.
The name is appropriate for the type of food they serve.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
Quote:
They'll sell various different things. They stay afloat by selling consumer goods. Apparently there is demand for popcorn. Ever been here: http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/ I had the pleasure of visiting Garrett's in downtown Chicago last year. Puts movie theater popcorn to utter shame.
Garrett's has been around for ages! There are others in Chicago but I don't think they are as famous or successful. Of course, the work crowd helps keep them running. I never worked close enough to it to visit but once in awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area