Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:30 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Pita House is good, but they serve their pita cold.
Are you talking about them serving the pita bread cold, or the falafels are cold? If it's the pita bread that's not warmed, I'd be surprised if they wouldn't put it on the grill to warm it up for you, if you requested it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 AM

55 posts, read 141,000 times
We really enjoy the Bohemian Cafe on N. Main.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Are you talking about them serving the pita bread cold, or the falafels are cold? If it's the pita bread that's not warmed, I'd be surprised if they wouldn't put it on the grill to warm it up for you, if you requested it.
It definitely isn't the falafels, they always come out piping hot! Best Falafels I've ever had. Even went to a couple turkish places while I was in Munich and the Falafels were much better at Pita House!

The Pitas are served room temperature (not cold), never been served a pita any other way so I wasn't aware that they could/should come warmed or what not. I prefer them room temperature since half the stuff I put in them is cold

Old 08-17-2010, 07:15 PM

Warm pitas are yummy, especially when I make them and they are fresh out of the oven. I can't stand when restaurants nuke the pita, after a few minutes, you're eating cardboard. Best way is a steamer or oven. There's the pitas you stuff and then there's pitas you roll.

I'll have to hit Pita House soon - nothing else like it up here!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:10 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,610,403 times
I live about a mile from the Pita House and have been driving by this nondescript restaurant for over a year - I wanted to try it out - nearly missed it because they've taken down their sign on Pleasantburg.

Wow, what great food. Went during lunch hour last Friday and the placed was packed. Had the Chicken Swarma (with hummus) plate and it was outstanding - fast service/clean - small grocery store attached - will definitely return - 10/10

Old 08-19-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I live about a mile from the Pita House and have been driving by this nondescript restaurant for over a year - I wanted to try it out - nearly missed it because they've taken down their sign on Pleasantburg.

Wow, what great food. Went during lunch hour last Friday and the placed was packed. Had the Chicken Swarma (with hummus) plate and it was outstanding - fast service/clean - small grocery store attached - will definitely return - 10/10
It seems just about any time I've gone there it's packed, could be an off time.

Our fav restaurant since we started our move up to SC is a bit more elusive than Pita House. Flounder Bar and Grill, it's off Wade Hampton in Greer, tucked behind a used car dealer, right down from Applebees. You probably wouldn't know it was there, only a small fish sign is out near the street.

I took my parents and my daughter (who just flew in last night) and they too thought it was fabulous. People who haven't tried it are really missing out. The service is always excellent, food is excellent AND my hot food is brought out HOT! I highly recommend the crabmeat stuffed flounder (if you like fish), it's my favorite. Their garlic cheese biscuits, TO DIE FOR!

I'm looking forward to trying others favorites as move up here permanently, I think Della Venturas may be one of the next suggested places to try.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:
Our fav restaurant since we started our move up to SC is a bit more elusive than Pita House. Flounder Bar and Grill, it's off Wade Hampton in Greer, tucked behind a used car dealer, right down from Applebees. You probably wouldn't know it was there, only a small fish sign is out near the street.

I took my parents and my daughter (who just flew in last night) and they too thought it was fabulous. People who haven't tried it are really missing out. The service is always excellent, food is excellent AND my hot food is brought out HOT! I highly recommend the crabmeat stuffed flounder (if you like fish), it's my favorite. Their garlic cheese biscuits, TO DIE FOR!
Cool! Sound great - kind of like the types of out-of-the-way places we used to get great seafood at when I was growing up on the Gulf Coast. We'll have to try it!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Cool! Sound great - kind of like the types of out-of-the-way places we used to get great seafood at when I was growing up on the Gulf Coast. We'll have to try it!
They have a scored flounder dish I've been wanting to try, but every time I think I'll splurge and do something different the crabmeat stuffed flounder just keeps calling me back.

I found the picture below of the dish and have seen others order it, one day I'll be more adventurous:

http://greenville.metromix.com/conte...x3/180/1451996

Old 08-19-2010, 11:15 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:
They have a scored flounder dish I've been wanting to try, but every time I think I'll splurge and do something different the crabmeat stuffed flounder just keeps calling me back.

I found the picture below of the dish and have seen others order it, one day I'll be more adventurous:

http://greenville.metromix.com/conte...x3/180/1451996
Hmmm... I'm a flounder lover, but I think I'd stick with the crabmeat-stuffed version myself!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:02 PM

207 posts, read 556,022 times
We haven't been here long, but I would say that Soby's is my favorite so far. Being a vegetarian, I love their farmer's plate that includes several local veggies cooked to deliciousness! I also like the fried green tomatoes

I will definitely try out the Pita House now, hadn't heard of it yet. I love hummus and falafel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area