Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 3,643 times

Advertisements

We're really excited about our new move. But, we have some concerns. We would like to avoid conservative close minded right wingers as much as possible, so is there any place where an open minded, educated liberal can live? Also, we would like to have no churches located near us. I hope we are not aiming to high on the second request. We would also like an area of town that is mostly New Yorkers and possibly a mix of other out of state notherners. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,576,702 times
I'd suggest checking out several of the VERY similar threads on this forum - your answers can all be found there.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:23 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,862,949 times
Yawn.... this one trick pony act is getting real old, real fast.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM

I'm just asking for help here. As an outsider I really see the value of getting information from the locals. If anyone could please help us out it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
jac

389 posts, read 1,009,221 times
You probably want to check out Cary, NC.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM

6,897 posts, read 22,573,152 times
I think your closed-minded question has been answered! Seriously there are several other threads dealing with the same questions; did you look through the many, many topics already posted? If not, spend some time doing so. Just because a thread is a year old or more doesn't mean the info isn't current.

You will live near a church but you won't live next door to one unless you choose to do so. There are way many more homes than churches here.

Oh and yeah, you won't get White Castle here!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 PM

I'm starting to get the impression that outsiders are not welcomed here.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,576,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLegend View Post
Nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone's welcome! Just don't put preconditions on things. Come down, check things out. We really have quite a melting pot here. But, if you're looking to move, I don't really see why it's important to worry about churches and whether neighborhoods have more people like yourself (from a specific area, etc). Seems you'd want to EMBRACE the differences if you're making a committment to move here. Just join the party and enjoy!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:59 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,481,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLegend View Post
I'm starting to get the impression that one user has created multiple accounts in an attempt to post the same stereotypical, intolerant, and ignorant question over and over.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:11 PM

156 posts, read 333,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
I'm starting to get the impression that one user has created multiple accounts in an attempt to post the same stereotypical, intolerant, and ignorant question over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area