Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 06:31 PM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatate View Post
so now i'm worried that i will be evicted from my apartment. my whole life is in turmoil. i really don't want to go live in a shelter. my blood family told me go to a shelter don't ask us for anything.

yet the same family member asked me to take care of their disabled child when they pass. how am i going to do that from a homeless shelter?

mommy i miss you more than you will ever know.

Time to get angry and to get on with making a life for yourself. If it helps.....tell that family member not to count on your to take care of their disabled child.....you are struggling to take care of yourself. But dont get hung up on how unfair and unfeeling they are....just realize that indeed you are on your own...until you create a new support circle.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Mariatate, elston said it well here. Time to think about you and do what is necessary to get your life going again! I am so sorry about your situation but be strong and move forward!
Rained last night and cold weather heading our way again now! The wind has been wicked but at least it helps to dry things out after the rain.
Church today and then rest for me. I've been up since 3am...the rain woke me up! I do hope to vacuum at least 2 rooms today if it doesn't hurt my arm. I am really trying to be careful not to make it worse now. It is so weak it is obvious it will make me welcome the surgery! It's just timing it now since I will need help here and getting a little extra money put aside. Hopefully after the holidays.
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 11-19-2017, 06:58 PM

Maria......you havent told us very much about yourself. I cant even begin to judge your age. Is there a reason you havent been working or now looking for work? Do you have any education or work experience. How come you have no friends or social supports. Do you go to a church? Do you have other family. Why was your mother ostracized? Whats going on? I really am not nosey....I just have no idea how to respond to your posts because I have no idea who you are. You could be a teen ager, a middle age unmarried woman or a divorced woman who returned home to mother.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:26 AM

I was thinking the same thing elston. Maria, in order to try to help with a variety of ideas we need to know more about you! I know this is a very hard time for you but we do care and want to be able to give you some helpful ideas!
It's 24 degrees here this morning--brrr. At least the wind is gone! It really was a nice walk this morning with the dogs--crisp but not bone chilling since it is a dryer cold! We were out by 5:30am!
Work tonight. Got all the animals bedding washed yesterday so I feel good about that now to vacuum--didn't get to that yesterday!
My son called last night and said they are having Thanksgiving after all as it will be to cold for the parade and they just decided to have a good old fashioned Thanksgiving with family. I was so happy! I may only be able to stay a few hours but it's not quantity but quality time!

Old 11-20-2017, 06:11 AM

815 posts, read 982,392 times
Happy Monday! It is 37 degrees here, which is very cold for us, but will warm up to 70 later.

Cyn, I am happy you will get to spend Thanksgiving with your family.
Are the dogs eating now? I know you worry about them. The best thing we ever did food-wise for our dogs was switch to grain free food. It has made such a difference in their over-all health. But it is double the cost of the regular old Purina dog chow we used to use.

We are going shopping today to get the food for our Thanksgiving dinner. Between now and New Years I really try to avoid going to any stores. They are always so crowded, jammed full of people and stuff. I am looking forward to the new year and a return to normalcy. And of course, the return to Daylight Savings Time. I miss my light in the evening hours

Old 11-20-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I was thinking the same thing elston. Maria, in order to try to help with a variety of ideas we need to know more about you! I know this is a very hard time for you but we do care and want to be able to give you some helpful ideas!
It's 24 degrees here this morning--brrr. At least the wind is gone! It really was a nice walk this morning with the dogs--crisp but not bone chilling since it is a dryer cold! We were out by 5:30am!
Work tonight. Got all the animals bedding washed yesterday so I feel good about that now to vacuum--didn't get to that yesterday!
My son called last night and said they are having Thanksgiving after all as it will be to cold for the parade and they just decided to have a good old fashioned Thanksgiving with family. I was so happy! I may only be able to stay a few hours but it's not quantity but quality time!
Sometimes its good to get in and then get out.....while all the love and good vibes are strong.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:28 AM

Hello. I couldnt sleep so instead of tossing and turning....I decided to get up for awhile. It is very quiet at this hour.
I won't have coffee...because there is still a chance of going back to bed.

Good Morning to everyone when you get up......I just might be sleeping later.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:50 AM

Now you are on my hours elston! It is no fun! I had horrible nightmares last night. Not sure why but was very happy to wake up at home in my bed safe and sound!!!
Molly, I do give my one dog grain free and the one with IBS is on prescription food....very costly! I will need to stock up on Bubba's medications today because of the holidays. Not sure if I need to buy his food yet since I'm not positive on the vets hours yet! I sure don't want to run out!
No work today so will try to get a few things done around here.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 11-21-2017, 05:47 AM

50,386 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Cyn and Elston, I was awake then too. I had a dream that I delivered a cake to a family for a party, but it was way too small, so I rushed to Publix to buy a bigger one, but there’s were all reserved.
I’m sure my mind was stressing about Thanksgiving...not sure why, since I don’t feel stressed about it while awake.
Will you be taking deviled eggs, Cyn?

Old 11-21-2017, 05:54 AM

Good Morning. I did get back to sleep for awhile and now the day is starting here at chez moi. We had to get a urine sample for our female dog McKenzie. I didn't know how we would do it......she is skittish about when and where she does her business and she is afraid that she is doing something wrong. Her original owners must have traumatized her about "housebreaking" and she has definite issues. But with a long-handled pan....my DH was able to catch a specimen and it has been delivered. Now for the results. The vet had said her blood work wasn't quite "normal" so I am worried about cancer of the liver. Hoping for the best but fearing the worst. (That's my nature).

Its a drizzely morning here in SWFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning