Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 09:59 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Cyn and friends, very happy to announce the birth of our son on 21st Aug via a scheduled C section. Baby was born at 8:33 AM weighing 7 pounds and 3 ounces, head full of hair
We just returned home from hospital. I am still recovering but doing so much better than day 1.
Baby is doing excellent. We named him Tanush (meaning Lord in one of our Indian languages).

Seeking all your blessings.
Jai Jai Tanush!

Old 08-24-2015, 02:54 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
It really is nice to have a happy post here---thank you for that Maila!

Old 08-25-2015, 05:05 AM

I have to admit this last couple of months have been quite a struggle for me personally. I could have 100 people in my house and still be lonely. I miss my DH! But every day I try to stick to my routine do what I can, check in up here since this is the place I get so much support and caring and that is so much help just get through the day. Of course some days are better then others and hopefully with working 2 days a week that will keep my mind busy. Time is what everyone tells me this will take.....time.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-25-2015 at 05:14 AM..

Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 AM

Just got back from seeing my psychiatrist--she asked if I would be willing to try just one more antidepressant--I said no. After the last one and that was scary I am going to just keep on trying to make therapy be enough. Fingers crossed. She said she felt I was just beginning the real grief since I had been so busy with taking care of everything those first few months after my husband death. I agree. I told her all I want is someone to take care of me--ha! We both smiled at that comment and agreed it isn't going to happen! I'm tired, scared and confused but I guess that is all normal. She pointed out what all I have done with this first year--the positives! She said now I have to remind myself constantly of those positives and not let myself fall into that negative trap! She is so right--so that is where the therapy comes in to help me with that. So yet another step forward! Today I will go to a lunch with Hospice. They have a lunch once a month for those who have lost a loved one. Then later this afternoon a girl who is a therapist at Hospice will be coming by for a visit with me--the anniversary visit. So my day is busy but hopefully with all good things. I am very blessed to have Hospice!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Just got back from seeing my psychiatrist--she asked if I would be willing to try just one more antidepressant--I said no. After the last one and that was scary I am going to just keep on trying to make therapy be enough. Fingers crossed. She said she felt I was just beginning the real grief since I had been so busy with taking care of everything those first few months after my husband death. I agree. I told her all I want is someone to take care of me--ha! We both smiled at that comment and agreed it isn't going to happen! I'm tired, scared and confused but I guess that is all normal. She pointed out what all I have done with this first year--the positives! She said now I have to remind myself constantly of those positives and not let myself fall into that negative trap! She is so right--so that is where the therapy comes in to help me with that. So yet another step forward! Today I will go to a lunch with Hospice. They have a lunch once a month for those who have lost a loved one. Then later this afternoon a girl who is a therapist at Hospice will be coming by for a visit with me--the anniversary visit. So my day is busy but hopefully with all good things. I am very blessed to have Hospice!
You are blessed to be connected with hospice and it sounds as if your therapist is right on the ball.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:41 AM

The therapist from Hospice advised me to continue writing here on this forum. She feels it is an excellent way for me to not only get positive reinforcement but to keep me from feeling so alone. She is amazed at what this forum has done for me and all who visit. For those of us who live to far from places where they have group meetings and for those who are not comfortable attending group meeting this really works! But we have our happy moments and like our newest addition--Mailas Tanush.....and for some reason it all seems right! Seeing that positive!

Old 08-25-2015, 12:54 PM

I think this thread has been a blessing for many....just as the care giving thread that you started proved to be.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:12 AM

Thanks elson.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:18 AM

Oops...I had my days mixed up---nothing new lately--today is the Hospice lunch. Before my therapist from Hospice got here yesterday I thought I'd do just a small amount of mowing--you know just trying to keep up as best as I can. My mower went into a hole and my hand was on the steering wheel and it jammed my bad arm so bad I just sat there for a minute and cried. I need to be in good condition to work and this is scaring me that it may not be good enough. I will go to a doctor if it does not feel well enough to do my work. I can't afford emotionally or financially to lose this job. I just pray it will feel better by tomorrow.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:55 PM

I think my arm is doing a bit better after just doing nothing but resting it. It's driving me crazy because my house is in need of vacuuming and my grass still is only half mowed but I just can't take any chances at this point. The lunch was nice--I met my neighbor who just lost her DH a few months ago...the name of my street is her last name! Her husband owned all this land at one time. We plan on getting together--hope we do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning