Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 09:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Gentlearts...that was my daughters exact words---just because you are new mom don't do more then your arm will let you and still heal. She knows I have a very hard time saying no....but I am pretty set on only working so many hours right now and this seemed like one of those reasons you just need to help out. I really want to break in slowly going back to work and I have been given that option..now it's up to me. Thank you gentlearts for the positive post and good advise!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:46 AM

This is what I love, love, love about this forum/thread.....the honest caring, thoughtful input, and good informative ideas! Thanks to all of you!

Old 08-28-2015, 04:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Hi Cyn

Ive been reading and just want to say You Are Amazing.

I'm so unwell I haven't worked for 4 years - barely left my sofa even. I sincerely doubt I will ever be well enough again, but doctors assure me I will.

I'm so thrilled at your job but honestly the fact you can even draw yourself together to get outside daily is an achievement after what you've gone through.

Give yourself a hand lady!

Also, the physical pain will diminish markedly after the first week - your body is out of condition for your job, but soon will respond and you'll wonder what you ever did with your time!

Old 08-29-2015, 05:29 AM

Thank you cindersslipper--I work hard to keep going. It's doesn't come naturally or easy. But I know I have to keep moving forward if I don't want to slip down that drain. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do honestly so every bit of positive feedback I get is a plus and helps me to keep moving on so thank you for your post. I hope you do heal and feel better soon.
My dogs were just now barking like crazy--not something that is normal for them so I went out and there was a fawn in my fenced side yard--the fence was to tall for her to jump and she kept hitting the side so I took the dogs to the other side of the yard and managed to get her to run out the opening. She wasn't in with the dogs but with the dogs barking she was afraid to come out the opening which is next to the dogs fence. She was so beautiful--poor scared baby!
Work went okay--I was/am tired but it will just take time to adjust. My critters are a little confused with eating in the middle of the day but it's only for a couple of days a week I hope! I work again tonight and then not until Tuesday. Church tomorrow--I will be happy when this all becomes a routine!

Old 08-29-2015, 04:05 PM

Hang in there Cyn

I've done all sorts of jobs and I will never forget when I first started at a chicken factory age 23.

I came home from a day of shoving hard frozen chooks into tiny bags while on my feet in a loud freezing cold warehouse, soaked in smelly chicken juice and my hands CRIPPLED.

I could barely make it out of the car.

Being 23, I got used to it quickly - but I will never forget that night, lying in a hot bath trying to defrost and uncramp in time for another 4 days of it.

I can only dream about getting out of the house at this stage, WORK is something that seems in my far distant past. Which of course means - no money.

I'm amazed and thrilled for you, please don't underestimate the bravery and sheer accomplishment of what you're doing! Bravo!

Old 08-30-2015, 09:31 AM

Thanks for the confidence cinder! Today I went to church and Sunday school this morning but I am just so tired....I'm concerned about my cat Whitey--he's not looking very good. I know his days are numbered because of the thyroid cancer but boy I hate it. He's not in any pain and still enjoys going out and roaming a bit so I'll just pray for him. I have to mow my yard tomorrow--it looks horrible...guess I'll just go slow. Maybe I can get the whole thing done and then I won't have to worry about it for a couple of weeks since it is so dry right now. I think I am just over tired...which of course brings on stress/anxiety and then of course the one year anniversary of my DH's passing is coming fast. Lots to deal with right now. Am going to try to relax today--have a blessed day everyone.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:21 PM

Back when I were a single working lady, Cyn, I paid a guy to mow my lawn.

In fact, at the advanced age of 50, I've had lawns all my life, yet never mowed one.

I just realized that...!

Some things just aren't worth doing yourself, for example back when I was a working single mum I had a housekeeper. I earned 2x ph what I had to pay her, and my weekends were so valuable, it was a no brainer.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:13 PM

I was a little saddened and confused by a note on my reputation "On the other hand, it's disturbing to be still wallowing in the same thread after a year. Time to move on." No name? This person may be correct although I am constantly getting direct messages from people who do not post but read this thread. It has helped them to see they are normal there is no time limit on grieving. The good thing about this thread is it is not a requirement for anyone to read...So instead of saying something so hurtful and callous perhaps just don't visit this thread? My therapist told me last week to keep writing up here as she feels it has really helped me. I'd love to move on and I am working on it. For some it takes more time. I am sorry some feel it should be time to move on when "they" feel it is time.....that makes me sad...

Old 08-30-2015, 06:48 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Cyn......I dont see you as "wallowing" I see you making slow progress...and making a tremendous effort. I keep hoping for even more progress.....but then again.....I have never experienced the type of loss that you did.....and especially the loss following several years of care taking and watching over the slow decline of your husband. I understand "compassion fatigue", but I dare say the poster you refer too....has never experienced nor extended compassion. Those words were just mean and hateful....not helpful.

I am sorry that when you let your heart break open....there are those who take advantage and criticize. You know farely well who your friends are....dont be bothered by the others.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I was a little saddened and confused by a note on my reputation "On the other hand, it's disturbing to be still wallowing in the same thread after a year. Time to move on." No name? This person may be correct although I am constantly getting direct messages from people who do not post but read this thread. It has helped them to see they are normal there is no time limit on grieving. The good thing about this thread is it is not a requirement for anyone to read...So instead of saying something so hurtful and callous perhaps just don't visit this thread? My therapist told me last week to keep writing up here as she feels it has really helped me. I'd love to move on and I am working on it. For some it takes more time. I am sorry some feel it should be time to move on when "they" feel it is time.....that makes me sad...
You need to report reps like that. Its cowardly and mean and also, utterly incorrect.

Anyone who thinks theres a time limit on grief has never lost anyone they loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.