Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 03:19 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,588 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry for posting here, wrong place. So sorry everyone!

Old 01-23-2017, 03:37 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
I'm sorry for posting here, wrong place. So sorry everyone!
No Jay. You were correct in posting here. It's where you get answers. ALL of us have been there.

I was going to view my post about my son but saw your response & needed to assure you, you did the right thing.

Grief is really, really tough. The reason I suggested you post your own thread is for you to have the support of those still in the process.

It is so hard to lose someone you love. For me I just passed the one year mark & although I still grieve, it's now tempered with good thoughts of things we did together & the love we shared.

But those first months are really tough. You, too, will eventually remember the good times but it's hard to believe now.

My heart goes out to you. The rest will jump in.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:09 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,588 times
I'm sorry for being stupid and posting here, yes I'm a drunk NDN who has problems. My dad cannot be replaced and we're alone now.I'll be normal tomorrow and happy again. Thanks !

Old 01-23-2017, 06:26 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
Hi everyone! I'm trying to get by without my Dad, he died recently, and I'm a complete mess, I admit! I hope I can go on. I'm bipolar and off meds so I can drink, it helps me cope. My brother Matt (twin) handles things better than me, so he spoke at the funeral. I can barely get by, life is really hard at times!
I will have you in my prayers and thoughts. I know it's hard for you, but in time each day will get a little better. Keep in mind that your father no longer have to suffer down here, and that he is in a better place, where there is no more sickness and dying and everyday will be total joy. Remember all the love and all the good times, these things will live forever within you. He probably wouldn't want you to be sad for very long and to move on with your life. Things will get better, you don't see it now but they will. Pray for strength and God will see you through this though time in your life.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:36 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
I'm sorry for being stupid and posting here, yes I'm a drunk NDN who has problems. My dad cannot be replaced and we're alone now.I'll be normal tomorrow and happy again. Thanks !

JayInCA - man, you are not stupid and you are not a pain to us. You are sick because you are grieving. We have been there. Stick with life - don't drink and get back on your med's. You have to do this in order to pull through. Find a good counselor and pray to the Creator - He loves you and he hates that this happened. And no, He did not cause what happened!

Hang in there and create your own grief thread, please! You will be cared for thoroughly and you will make it through!

Old 01-23-2017, 06:43 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Got home from work yesterday and had 3 messages on my phone. One was the nurse from my doctors office saying it is safe for me to stop the medication now since I have been cutting them in half. The second call was really bad....it was from my bank fraud department. Someone was able to hack into my bank savings and checking account! Whoever it was tried to clean me out but my bank felt something wasn't right so they called me. Now I have to go and change my accounts and contact all my payroll and SS to let them know and give them new account info. I know that is going to make my SS check late and I was really depending on that check! Plus I have several bills that are instantly paid from my account that I have to notify---one major one that is due on Monday! And it's raining!
Woke up to a poo pile and pee and I know it is Bella...she is having some serious issues and I just don't know if we can get it under control. I have to get her back to the vet ASAP. I took them both out before I went to bed so I don't know what happened...but it was loose stool and pee too that's what worries me. Bella never makes a mess. When it rains it pours. I can thank God that my bank put a stop on the check to clean out my savings and called. It's just all the stuff I have to go through now and then having Bella not feeling too......a long day. Please keep me and my critters in your thoughts today! I appreciate it.
Have a blessed day!
Things will get better, they will. You know we have to sometime have a little rain in our lives to appreciate the sun. As for Fraud, my identity was stolen during the purchase of a home back in September, I just found out about it in late November. The damage was already done. Someone open new charge card accounts and maxed them all out, and was using the address to the new house when they open these accounts before I even closed on the house, let alone actually living at the new address. My credit took a hit and that turned everything in my day to day life completely upside down. So much leg work you have to do.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:02 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA
Hi everyone! I'm trying to get by without my Dad, he died recently, and I'm a complete mess, I admit! I hope I can go on. I'm bipolar and off meds so I can drink, it helps me cope. My brother Matt (twin) handles things better than me, so he spoke at the funeral. I can barely get by, life is really hard at times!
Im so sorry Jay!!!!

Dont worry about Posting on this thread... CYN doesnt mind

We are all here for each other.... I love everyone here and I think its important to share things

Old 01-24-2017, 05:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Jay, if you feel comfortable posting here then by all means do that! Right now you need help, help to find yourself. I know about medications--been there and still am there but you do need to start back on them and lose the alcohol. I've learned!! I think meo was suggesting starting your own thread so that you can get other posters to respond to your thread and deal with your situation personally. But whatever works for you my friend. At least you have reached out!
Ipaper, sounds like you really had a bad situation with the ID theft. It is a mean, ugly thing for those people to do. I've been working on mine for a week now and still am not done. At least it did not affect my credit that I know of and the bank has been helping me so that is nice. Not a day has gone by that it is not on my mind with more to do! Just very sad!
I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 01-24-2017, 06:18 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Morning CYN,I hope today is a good work day

Ipaper: ID theft is horrible....... I hope they dont do this again!!

Old 01-24-2017, 07:28 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
ID theft is awful, my wife and I know it from the credit card part of it - and our bank had our backs on that one. cyn - stick with it to protect yourself. The people that steal ID's and credit card information are basically monsters.

Everyone have good Tuesday's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning