Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 12:43 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

Here's to Bubba feeling better again, cyn. And to you getting your sink fixed, too. Hope that goes well as well as your shoulder rehabilitation and being alone again. You have us no matter what as your friends, cyn, you can count on that! Blessings to you and the rest of the crew on here this Friday morning (Pacific Time, that is)!

Old 01-13-2018, 04:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Thank you elko!
Today is my first day without a sling. Yes! It feels strange and weak but I will just take it slow and easy and see the doctor on the 19th. Being alone again will probably be the hardest to do again but I am thankful for the time Joyce has spent here with me. Without her I never could have done this. Bubba seems better today--just has his bad days sometimes.
I even got up and walked the dogs this morning in the rain with Joyce--my first 5:30am walk since my surgery. Usually I take forever to get ready but this morning without my sling I was able to get ready pretty fast! LOL!
My kitchen faucet was replaced yesterday by a couple from my church. It did take 2 trips to town to get some needed parts but all seems to be working great now. I'm just thankful I had the new faucet so I did not need to buy it.
Now I need desperately to get back to work so please keep positive thoughts for a release on the 19th.
Have a blessed day everyone.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:16 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I am thinking of you and am so grateful to Joyce for being there. (I don't know how you would have done it without her either) Are you dealing primarily with weakness or with pain. Do you have PT excercises to do? Hopefully the surgery will decrease the pain and increase the functionality of the shoulder.

All in due time I guess.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:24 AM

Thank you so much for your update, cyn. I broke the humerous bone in my right arm in late 2004 falling down the stairs. I recall the pain with much disdain. Hey, that rhymes! I was in so much pain that I couldn't imagine it going away! I couldn't afford the bone doctor I went to to put metal pins in so I got the old-school fix for my broken arm: a cast. When it came time to remove it it felt so painful and weird. It felt like it was just hanging there on nothing...and more pain. When it came off the doctor told me to stretch it out as hard as I could imagine doing it...it will just fix in the position it comes out of the cast if I didn't work hard to rehabilitate it and straighten it out. I did it as well as I could - but it's not completely straight like my left arm. Having said that, it's works just fine. And I can use it to work with in my line of work just fine, I can drive fine, etc. Thank goodness for doctors, nurses, lab tech's, radiology tech's, respiratory therapists and sleep technologists! At times they no doubt irritate us and their costs irritate us as well, but we pretty much need them when we have to get healed up, don't you agree?

My best early Saturday morning wishes to all of you! Hi elston!

Old 01-13-2018, 09:15 AM

Yes, I agree elko!
It's not a real pain it's more an unusual and uncomfortable feeling. I do get pain when I do something I shouldn't by accident....I am quickly reminded! I feel where the surgery is but I think I am more afraid of doing something wrong then of actual pain! If that makes any sense. I keep reminding myself to keep my back and shoulders straight. It became a habit of leaning a little forward when I had the sling on and I don't want to heal that way!
Yes elston, I have told Joyce over and over how much she has done for me and I could have never done it without her. She gave up her lifestyle for me for almost a month now.....

Old 01-14-2018, 02:15 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Good Morning All. Its nippy here this morning; I woke up early and decided to get up and do a few things around the house instead of tossing and turning. There was a wash to put over into the dryer....and the heat of the dryer will warm it up a bit in the house.....now that I have the windows closed. It is 46* degrees in Ft Myers.

Sunday go to meeting day for me. (I look forward to that.) I need to look thru my pantry for a few items to donate to the food bank....there is a collection box at meeting. I feel bad for any homeless souls out on the streets and alleys tonight.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:25 AM

You are a good soul elston!
I am having a difficult start today---another bad day for Bubba, Not sure why since he has been doing so well. Hopefully by afternoon he will feel better. I've walked him 3 times since 5:15am and it's in the 20's here but he keeps wanting out so maybe he needs to walk. Poor little guy...sigh...
No church for me today...we are having such a bad outbreak of that flu a lot of people are just staying home. I miss church! Maybe in a week or two.
Please keep Bubba in your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:50 PM

Yes! Bubba ate his dinner!! Figured he would when he felt better and was actually hungry! I just hate this problem he has! Anyhow both Joyce and I are so tired. Took a nap and feel like I need even more...sigh....hope we aren't coming down with something...
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

Old 01-14-2018, 01:23 PM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
Yay, Bubba!

Old 01-14-2018, 02:53 PM

I'm glad Bubba ate his dinner! Yes! Our Cotey is on antibiotics for 6 days and he's scheduled to see the vet right down the hill from us here this Thursday afternoon. He really needs to be looked at inside his mouth and teeth cleaned and extractions done where necessary. I feel so bad for him - his breath is terrible - he still has his normal huge appetite - can't wait to see him treated for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning