Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 03:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

I do work tonight...and today I have to do an extra pet sitting job for the groomer at our store--just a one day thing. She called me last night to just do a check in on her new kitties. It's a bit of a drive but I'll do it this morning after I do my neighbors cats and turtle! Then on my way to work I will do the evening feeding for my neighbors cats. I hope to fit Sunday School in there this morning! I'd love to just leave very early to avoid this horrible heat here but that's when all the deer and other animals are out too and I worry about them on the roads so I'll just wait until it's a little later.
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 06-10-2018, 06:22 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Good Morning Everyone. I hope that you all have a good Sunday. I will be going to Meeting and staying for the business/worship meeting that follows our silent meeting. We have a little lunch of soup and breads in between the two meetings. I always look forward to going to meeting.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:49 AM

How nice elston. It does sound very inviting by the way you talk about it!
I had to skip church after Sunday school since I managed to pour 1/2 cup of coffee down the front of me. I finished up Sunday school and came home to shower and do laundry. Not exactly the way I had planned this day but since when do plans really happen? LOL.Besides I want to have things done before I leave for work later!

Old 06-10-2018, 01:40 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
How nice elston. It does sound very inviting by the way you talk about it!
I had to skip church after Sunday school since I managed to pour 1/2 cup of coffee down the front of me. I finished up Sunday school and came home to shower and do laundry. Not exactly the way I had planned this day but since when do plans really happen? LOL.Besides I want to have things done before I leave for work later!

"There's many a slip; twixt the cup and the lip" old saying...in your case it was literal

Old 06-10-2018, 07:55 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
cyn - I actually have an alternative name for coffee - I call it "sloppy," because it's so easily spilled!

Old 06-11-2018, 03:28 AM

Ha! You got that right elko!
Lots of thunder and lightening last night and it woke me up at 1:30am and I have basically been awake since then. I didn't got to bed until nearly 9pm because of work so I will probably need a nice nap today.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-11-2018, 11:27 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Ha! You got that right elko!
Lots of thunder and lightening last night and it woke me up at 1:30am and I have basically been awake since then. I didn't got to bed until nearly 9pm because of work so I will probably need a nice nap today.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

That's what happened to me yesterday, cyn. It's my work-sleep schedule - mine's totally turned around. I got off of work for my 4 days off Saturday morning. Now it's Monday morning and I'm finally feeling rested - I just got up about 8:45 this morning! Sleep is so important - I'm a Sleep Tech so I know that's a no-brainer, but, like avoiding bad foods can be tough for some of us, getting enough sleep can really be hard to acquire.

For me, my wife just encourages me to go to sleep whenever on my time off and sleep. Doctors used to tell us that a person can't "catch up" on sleep - now they're saying that you can "catch up on sleep." That, my friends, is a big-time discovery - and I know that I feel better after I literally make myself try and get more sleep. It's big and large to get enough sleep, friends. I know, it's my business, but I think it's really true, too!

Everyone dig your Monday's out there in cyber-land!

Old 06-11-2018, 02:00 PM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
Just checking in.
It seems like we are all doing our best. Well, maybe not me.....I have been procrastinating on getting estimates for my roof repair. No real excuses, I just haven't really felt much like being a mature, responsible adult

Old 06-11-2018, 04:08 PM

Hey Molly--sounds a lot like me. Just sometimes life is more work then I feel like putting out at the time. Seems like we have to almost fight for so much--but you will get it done...maybe not in your time frame but give yourself a break. You will get it done. It sure doesn't sound like a good time to me but once you get started on it you'll get through it all! Good luck and stay sweet and happy through it all!
Thanks elko for that post on sleep because I have already slept a couple hours today--just did not feel good and it's to hot to do much anyhow. I did a few things inside but when I went out whew..it was really hot so I decided to rest instead and I do feel much better now.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:58 AM

Good morning everyone! Rain here but a bit cooler so far. Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning