Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 08:52 PM

815 posts, read 981,046 times

Advertisements

Nothing new here, just checking in.
I have gathered a list of names of potential roof-replacers to call and get estimates from.
One step at a time, right?

Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
That's right, mollybygolly. I wish you best of fortunes in that endeavour. A good, fair craftsman is really some kind of a find in this life, too, ain't it?

This is my last night off and the Mrs. and I are relaxing and enjoying this hot southern New Mexican night. I called in to my work meeting tonight and found out that we have our work improvement project cut out for us all, we all have to improve, and what's wrong with that, people? We should all want to improve in our work.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your Tuesday evening!

Old 06-13-2018, 03:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good morning all!
Hey Molly I think it's great you're moving ahead on the roofing project. I hope you get a great roofer at a great price!
Yes elko nothing wrong with improvement for everyone!
Now it's my time for improvement. Everyone here knows I am up early. I get quite a bit done in the early hours but by afternoon I am beat. I could accept that except it's a lot more then it use to be. I think the lack of walking is a big part. When at work I am fine but here at home it is so hard to get moving especially when it's hot and cloudy outside. Yesterday I got a little more inside work done but again was so tired by afternoon. That is where I need to make an improvement---maybe just a little at a time but at least work on it!
I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-13-2018, 06:00 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Good morning, cyn. I woke up at 3:00AM this morning, I'm catching up on my internet reading of my favorite sites, then I am going to have to do some chores outside this morning - I'm gonna fire up the lawnmower for the first time and mow the front wispy, overgrown grass edges and possibly roll the mower through the side gate and run it over the back yard as well. We have to do these things early because it gets so hot here.

Forecast calls for rain and/or thundershowers today too, we'll see if we actually get those. Then we have some grocery shopping ta do later this morning after the heat rolls in, then I'll need to get some sleep in the preparation for night 1 of my 3 night shifts in a row.

On Friday, July 6th we have our District Convention for Jehovah's Witnesses in El Paso. That will go Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm taking personal leave time on Thursday and Friday, so, if the lab is shut down on Wednesday, July 4th (and I don't know why it would be open on July 4th), I will get 11 days off. I will return to work on Wednesday, July 11th! Wow! Hope it all goes down that way. I could use the time off, but, really, I can't complain too much about my times off from work. I am blessed - and my wife and I love this house of ours. We are learning how to take care of the trees and plants that previous owners have planted long ago. We love the job they did!

I hope you're doing all right with your canines gone, cyn. Best wishes and prayers going out to you! Everyone have great Wednesday's!

Old 06-13-2018, 09:13 AM

Actually I miss my dogs more then ever but I know it takes time. I dream about them and even wake up thinking I have forgotten to give them their medications. It just takes time!
I went to the "Y" today and did some walking and even worked out on one of their machines. I am very cautious with anything that uses my arm for good reason. My friend who mows my lawn met me there and we walked together and then he took me out to breakfast. Nice morning!

Old 06-14-2018, 03:40 AM

Got a call last night from my work asking if I could come in at 8am this morning instead of 10am. No problem since I do get up early anyhow. I will get off at noon so it won't be a long day but I will be home early. I think going to the "Y" and working out yesterday was a good idea but boy am I sore today. It made sleeping difficult. Guess that shows how out of condition I am! Ugh! So I get to go to work today sore and tired! Oh my!
I had another attack by those little black ants last night --some with wings others without. It was in my den and I sure don't know what they were looking for cause nothing is in the den--not food or water. Anyhow I spent a good hour spraying around the windows then had to jump in the shower of course. That made it late to bed and up and down all night because of being sore and achy. Good thing I had plenty of sleep the last few days. I am happy to have work today. First my cat-sitting job and then off to work.
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 06-14-2018, 09:01 AM

815 posts, read 981,046 times
Hope you have a great day at work cyn.
Good for you for going to the "Y" and working out yesterday. Exercise is so good for you, mentally and physically.
Now if I could only practice what I preach

Old 06-14-2018, 10:50 AM

Only trouble is I always over-do it and get so sore! Need to pace myself. Today was a good day and I worked with the new manager. I am so tired I'm going to take a nap. Had some very bad dreams last night when I finally did sleep so need to try to get at least an hour of restful sleep.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:22 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I had strange dreams last night.....I was part of a tribe that was starting to develop a culture....from scratch....language, survival skills, accumulation of knowledge thru trial and error....and the emergence of some specialty skills....herbology, hunting and gathering .....what is food and what isnt. It was a strange dream.

I just had a fall....coming home and getting a few groceries out of the car. I fell and dropped a container of my DH's sushi all over the floor of the garage. I should have left it for him to bring in...but wanted to do a little on my own. I am ok. my wrist feels a little strained and I have a head ache.....I think I will take some tylenol and rest.

Not to worry. I am ok.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:31 PM

Just take care elston.....must have been a night for strange dreams. Mine was off the charts and so real! EEK!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.