Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 01:57 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, I guess it is something different. I had some kind of nerve block, guided by ultrasound, on the leg. It’s supposed to be for pain relief after surgery, I think. Then I had the knee replacement with a spinal, and just light anesthesia. Anyway, I’m hurtin for certain, but better today than yesterday.
I hope that you are better day by day.

I think the nerve block that I had was guided by xray..it micht have been ultrasound...not sure of that though....they deadened four nerve centers around the knee The literature says it can be used instead of surgery....but my doctor describes its use in conjunction with surgical knee replacement to lessen pain post op. The literature also says it is a covered procedure by Medicare and insurance.....but mine wasn't and cost $1700 out of pocket.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I hope that you are better day by day.

I think the nerve block that I had was guided by xray..it micht have been ultrasound...not sure of that though....they deadened four nerve centers around the knee The literature says it can be used instead of surgery....but my doctor describes its use in conjunction with surgical knee replacement to lessen pain post op. The literature also says it is a covered procedure by Medicare and insurance.....but mine wasn't and cost $1700 out of pocket.
Uh oh. I hope mine was.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Uh oh. I hope mine was.
If it was done in a hospital....it is. Mine was done in the Doctors Orthopedic Center and it wasnt covered. I dont know why the Dr did it where he did. The rules that govern our medical care are inexplicable....and they are not devised to serve people.....its all to satisfy insurers. imho

but that is more about health care than I want to comment on

Old 09-07-2018, 03:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
somehow this isnt at all reassuring or comforting......
Sorry, buddy, it was meant to lighten you up.

Glad to hear everything is going well.

I have to make an appointment for an ultra sound on my tumor.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Sorry, buddy, it was meant to lighten you up.

Glad to hear everything is going well.

I have to make an appointment for an ultra sound on my tumor.
I was in such a state of debilitating anxiety that it did anything but 'lighten me up" I know I took it wrong and sorry I snapped at you. At the time your comment seemed to me to be somewhere between cruel or insensitive.

Today I know I overreacted. It is hard to know what to say sometimes.

I hope that your ultrasound appointment goes well and brings good news.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:41 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
It's all good---we all care!! Keeping prayers for my whole little group here! We are in good hands my friends!

Old 09-07-2018, 05:45 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
You'll be fine, elston. Sending best wishes to everyone in here! And those lurking, come on in, the water's fine!

Old 09-08-2018, 03:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Last night was my first night of tapering my antidepressant--the doctor said cut it in half--that seems like a lot to me but I did. Not much sleep but I figured as much. It will take some time but at least I will be rid of them eventually! I have to work tonight so that has me a little concerned so I'll try to take a nap today!
Sounds like so many here are struggling with health issues....I am so sorry! Getting older is not easy for sure!
Hope you all have a blessed day!

Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
I was in such a state of debilitating anxiety that it did anything but 'lighten me up" I know I took it wrong and sorry I snapped at you. At the time your comment seemed to me to be somewhere between cruel or insensitive.

Today I know I overreacted. It is hard to know what to say sometimes.

I hope that your ultrasound appointment goes well and brings good news.
Oh dear! Never cruel, elston! Insensitive, maybe sometimes. Was not meaning to be either. I accept your apology and will try to "read" you better.

Company is gone back to Arizona. Will be back in probably a month for a celebration of life for the sister. Good thing the other day I happened to mention all the black splotches my husband got all over his body just before he died. The group went into the hospice yesterday and the sister was black splotches, along with her jaundice. Just like my hubby was. So no one freaked yesterday. It's funny how little bits and pieces can help people. So the end is very near. Too bad they couldn't change their flight.

I am seriously considering taking a drive over to Gilbert, Az. to go visit at some point. Wth, my car is going on 2 years old, I only have 5K miles on it and I have a 10 year/100K miles warranty on it. I would love to feel no humidity for a change. That bothered these people terribly.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:38 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
tamiznluv, do you have a Kia, Hyundai or a Mitsubishi? All of those carmakers offer the 10 year, 100,000 mile Warranty. I drive a 2011 Kia Soul 5-speed stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning