Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,102 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1591 to 1597 of 1597
  1. TN Tin Man
    07-01-2008 12:18 PM - permalink
    TN Tin Man
    What I have found is find that city / town your looking at. Find the Chamber of Commerce for that city/ town / county. E-mail them a request for information on relocation, "YES" you will have every real estate agent in that area contacting you. So use a bogus email address with as little information needed to set up a account. And use that as your contact point till you get more comfortable with the person your talking with, I found out also that by contacting the local house of worship they have a inside angle on what's going on. Talk to Sally that does the records, she knows all the local gossip and dirt.....
  2. HParr
    07-01-2008 08:15 AM - permalink
    HParr
    If you have children, do a search on the web for school scores in the county that you are moving to, you can get a little direction this way about a specific area that you might look for a house in. Although I wouldn't completely count on this as I have questions about school scores sometimes, but this is a good place to start.

If you don't have children, drive around different areas to see if you can get a feel for the areas. But remember, nothing is like home, everywhere is going to take some getting used to, believe me this is what I am conquering at the moment.
  3. HParr
    07-01-2008 08:12 AM - permalink
    HParr
    I have to say that I sure have met some awesome people through the city-data website. Don't forget in the Forums section to click on the state that you are moving to or the state that you have moved to. And then do a search for something specific that you are wondering about. You will not believe all of the great information that you can get. It's really helpfull!!!
  4. TN Tin Man
    06-30-2008 10:41 AM - permalink
    TN Tin Man
    Space Coast all most 35 years..... Time to go..... reason cost of living ~ and inconsiderate people ~ too much " Bling" and In your "face" BS
  5. HParr
    06-30-2008 07:48 AM - permalink
    HParr
    Dear Tinman,
    Just as a side note, the real estate market all over is not very good at this point in time. I have a gorgeous home in a wonderful community in Northwest Georgia that I put on the market about a month ago and it is exactly the same there. What part Florida are you leaving? Are you from Florida? I have alot of family in Tennessee and it such a beautiful state, it's nothing like Florida though. No oceans, no beaches, no palm trees. But it does have beautiful mountains and valleys. Is there another reason that you are bailing out of Florida? I'm just wondering since I just moved here.
  6. TN Tin Man
    06-28-2008 01:40 PM - permalink
    TN Tin Man
    I to am bailing out of Florida. When... It's a good guess with this real estate market. I'm trying to figure out a time frame when the house does sell. I have been told 3-6 weeks is average."BUT" not in concrete. So that means I have to go to Tennessee, race around and try to find apartment and close on the house pack move my stuff and a cat in 3-6 weeks. That's if every thing goes smoothly.....
  7. HParr
    06-28-2008 11:41 AM - permalink
    HParr
    I will start out by saying that I am right in the middle of relocating to another state. I have faced several challenges so far, hopefully I will be able to help someone with what I have learned so far, and hopefully someone will be able to help me with the challenges that are ahead. I can tell you that help on the internet is limited and is not easy to find. I hope that we can be one big happy friend circle here and help each other. Please join in and lets get started! Thanks!!!