Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times

Advertisements

Well I am back to say, that after Sandy Hook I was for the idea of lets work togeather to make some laws to stop this kind of thing.

But many on the other side are like zombies who can't stop at any line and just keep coming till its all gone. Now I see posts and articles attacking suppressors as the next big problem. I am not aware of any problems with legal suppressors. Solutions in search of a problem start to tick me off real quick.

And this after Feinstein wants to ban all semi autos. It never ends with these guys. Even when you want to work with them they attack you and try to take everything. I guess it has to be we don't give an inch or they will take a mile. Sad it has to be that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
It never ends with these guys. Even when you want to work with them they attack you and try to take everything. I guess it has to be we don't give an inch or they will take a mile. Sad it has to be that way.
Welcome to the side that supports the US Constitution and resists tyranny.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Well I am back to say, that after Sandy Hook I was for the idea of lets work togeather to make some laws to stop this kind of thing.
In other words you reacted with emotion and not logic. It's not uncommon, but it rarely leads to anything good. Decisions should never be made on an emotional high point or low point, but on a sustained level of logic that allows one to consider the source of the problem and if the solution being considered actually addresses the source.

Quote:
But many on the other side are like zombies who can't stop at any line and just keep coming till its all gone. Now I see posts and articles attacking suppressors as the next big problem. I am not aware of any problems with legal suppressors. Solutions in search of a problem start to tick me off real quick.
You have worded it superbly, my friend. "Solutions in search of a problem." But government thinks they have found a problem, that being the armed citizen. This government is a far cry from that who wrote the words, "We the people..." back in 1776. The idea of accountability is unacceptable to them. This government truly believes that it is above its own laws.

Quote:
And this after Feinstein wants to ban all semi autos. It never ends with these guys. Even when you want to work with them they attack you and try to take everything. I guess it has to be we don't give an inch or they will take a mile. Sad it has to be that way.
Right again. This is why we need to reign in this group. Government's purpose is not to impose their agenda upon us. Government's purpose, as cited in the Declaration of Independence by some really brilliant men, is to secure the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Our government has long forgotten where its place is.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But government thinks they have found a problem, that being the armed citizen. This government is a far cry from that who wrote the words, "We the people..." back in 1776. The idea of accountability is unacceptable to them. This government truly believes that it is above its own laws.
This is the heart of the problem.

But of course, recognizing the abuse is routinely characterized as paranoia, living in fear, tinfoil hat society, etc.

Why do some close their eyes to what has happened in countless governments, to human nature itself, and deny what is to me obvious - people who want to be in power do not want their subjects able to do anything about the situation.

The worst of all are those that welcome our lives being regulated, monitored and controlled.

OP, I read many of your posts where you exhorted us to accept some restrictions in order to preserve the core right. But we are dealing with people who flat do not care about our liberties, because those liberties don't currently appear important to them. A few truly are worried about lives lost; understandable, if still missing the point. I'm with you - I had talked myelf into believing that something needed to be done, when in fact, there are no measures that our government will ever take that could help.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 AM

587 posts, read 2,179,118 times
Quote:

fight for you right. be active, you need to send letters to your state reps and tell them what you think about the proposed legislation.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Could've told you that back in 1994.

But you were probably in diapers. Just kidding. LOL

Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Could've told you that back in 1994.

But you were probably in diapers. Just kidding. LOL
Actually I only have 9 years before SOCIAL SECURITY Whoooooo hooooo. My point was that I as a gun owner thought that we could work to give on some points like closing the private sale loop hole and do back ground checks. A few things like that. Maybe even go as far and this was a jump for me, do transfers on all semi autos if they would not ban them. But I see that you give an inch and they just go for the jugular.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Actually I only have 9 years before SOCIAL SECURITY Whoooooo hooooo. My point was that I as a gun owner thought that we could work to give on some points like closing the private sale loop hole and do back ground checks. A few things like that. Maybe even go as far and this was a jump for me, do transfers on all semi autos if they would not ban them. But I see that you give an inch and they just go for the jugular.
You were feeling the same emotions that led so many gun owners to support the 94 ban. Interestingto see what your perspective was back then.

Seems like you have had time to let logic prevail more than your emotions since Sandy Hook just based on your previous threads right after the tragedy.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Pravda had a great column on this yesterday:

Americans never give up your guns - English pravda.ru

Kinda of strange how the world has turned when Pravda has it right and NBC News has it wrong. Sometimes I wonder from growing up in the 1980's what kind of freak show we are living in now.

There was a weasel at Politico who wrote a blog the other day about David Gregory waving around a high cap mag in violation of DC law. And that he should be excused as he didn't mean any harm, as though people that own them do mean harm. Well 99.999% of people who own high cap mags have no bad intentions. We just don't want to hear the dreaded "click" if someone attacks our house/property/family or even when we are target shooting. Or if it comes to societal breakdown we don't want to be at a disadvantage.

The core problem in our society is bigger than any gun or other inanimate object. It's about the people and the lack of morality out there and respect for other people space and their life. We've lost our way as a society with too much dependency on government and have lost caring and compassion for our neighbors and fellow citizens.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:

Sorry not buying it.

During the past weeks since Newtown you've been about as virulent and venomous a gun grabber as Feinstein and the gun grabbers in POC. Half your information was coming via various streams from Brady/Hangun Control Inc. or IANSA. Any serious 2nd Amendment supporter isn't going to lose their balance in the way you did, I mean come on just look at the "Would you give up your assault weapon if it would save one childs life" poll in and tell me you're serious about having a minor freak out, ridicule, biased poll, and now you're saying it was all just a minor misunderstanding.

I'd say what I think you are honestly, but it would violate the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting