Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM

68 posts, read 265,245 times

Advertisements

Good news for MD (for this year anyway) - from an email I received today:

This was the ammo registration bill.

Gun Owner Registration Bill Withdrawn!

Faced with overwhelming opposition, the Maryland State Police saw the writing on the wall and have withdrawn House Bill 1446. A letter dated March 17, 2009 requesting the bill be withdrawn from consideration on March 19, 2009 was delivered to the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee earlier today.

One Judiciary Committee member reported receiving well over 300 emails opposing HB 1446, and none in favor of the bill.

HB 1446, the "Gun Owner Registration Bill' was "requested" by the Maryland State Police. However, reliable sources have indicated that is was really initiated by an underling in the O'Malley administration.

This is a classic example of what grassroots activism can do!

Our sincere thanks go out to those Maryland patriots who took the time to call, write, send emails and spread the word. This is your victory and you deserve the credit.

Only those who took part in the battle can savor the taste of victory!

A copy of the letter from the Maryland State Police was faxed to the AGC by the House Judiciary Committee and it will be posted on the AGC web page in the near future.

Please monitor your email carefully as a precaution in the event the O'Malley administration seeks to reinstate this bill.

Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:37 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Angry Strategies to combat the anti-gun demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh yea, I figgered this was comin'.. Imported ammo is an easy target for Obama and his cronies. Especially ammo for the infamous AK. Looks like I will be taking my AK and RPK and the 4000 rounds I bought for them and stashing them. Same with he 3000 rounds of imported .308 I picked up. Ohhhhh this frosts me!
NV and others. I repeat: organize to the level of demanding a face-to-face audience with your elected officials; Congressmen and State Senators. Provide them with a simple, point-form letter outlining, politely but firmly, your group's feelings on such nonsense. Attach your signatures, plus, say, another page or two of like-minded co-sponsors of your ideas.

If you visit with about ten or 12 friendlies, with one of you, or two at most, as designated talkers, firstly they'll have to go get seats for you all to sit down, which will be a hassle they'll remember, and secondly, they will get the picture.

Ask him or her when they are next due to be in WA, DC, and then make a specific appointment date to get together again, when they can brief you all on what they did on your behalf.

Don't forget to invite them to a local shooting match, sporting clays event, etc., where someone who is a great teacher can show them the ropes, get them shooting, and make sure they note that the event isn't populated by Neanderthal-head gun nuts. (Ask those types to stay away for this benchmark event!).

If you do this, it will make a real impression on them. A letter to them is only read by an office helper, and no matter how well it's written, it will be turfed and the general content reduced to a "pro" or "con" vote on a tally sheet. Otherwise, none of your glowing prose will get through to the politician. I know this for an absolute fact! Mostly, letters to your senator or Congressman are almost useless unless they happen to completely agree with you, and even then, they only count it as another "plus" vote.

Get directly involved; let's show them we all care, and we're not going to be demonized. Otherwise, this all going nowhere good, and we'll have to wait until a pro-gun prez is re-elected to get our rights back.

The way I realistically see it, we've got Barama for 8, then Billary for another 8, and by then it will be too late. They'll have come to get you and I or our guns (tho' I may have a little surprise for them...)

If you need any help with the content of a point-form letter, I'll perhaps put in some of the right key points in my Blog. Let me know.

Last edited by rifleman; 03-17-2009 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: ty-boz

Old 04-04-2009, 07:01 PM

415 posts, read 972,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Here's my general rule- For the sake of guarding against a zombie outbreak, have enough ammunition to neutralize everybody in your county three times over, along with everybody in neighboring counties, twice over.

So as long as you have between 50,000 and 1,000,000 rounds of ammunition you should be safe from any staggering hordes of undead.
You got that right.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:30 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Quote:
Seems as if We Hate Guns Inc. is going after our Achilles heel. Ammunition. I was afraid something like this was going to pop up. While an out and out ban on ammo is not really within reach , not being able to afford the stuff is sure going to hurt. Yep, Mr. O and all the Dems have no designs on our gun rights....just on our ability to feed those guns.
The emails I got on this were going around long before "Mr. O" was even elected. But does anybody put Dubya's name on it? Everybody starts blaming things, if this IS true, on Obama!
I just checked snopes.com and they are still researching this to see if it's true.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:47 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Oh yea, I figgered this was comin'.. Imported ammo is an easy target for Obama and his cronies. Especially ammo for the infamous AK. Looks like I will be taking my AK and RPK and the 4000 rounds I bought for them and stashing them. Same with he 3000 rounds of imported .308 I picked up. Ohhhhh this frosts me!
You mean you can only kill 7,000 people? (or deer or bears or road signs). How are you ever going to protect your family?

Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You mean you can only kill 7,000 people? (or deer or bears or road signs). How are you ever going to protect your family?
How are you going to protect yours?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,661 times
On the today show Pelosi said "she wanted them registered" all guns if you own them then she wants the number of it. So ammo ban should not be hard for Pelsoi and friends to entertain next.
What really bugs me is why the big push for all this as soon as Obama is in office. What do they know that's coming? Are the elected ones so scared of the citizens why?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
On the today show Pelosi said "she wanted them registered" all guns if you own them then she wants the number of it. So ammo ban should not be hard for Pelsoi and friends to entertain next.
What really bugs me is why the big push for all this as soon as Obama is in office. What do they know that's coming? Are the elected ones so scared of the citizens why?
As long as Americans are armed, they are 'citizens.' Once disarmed, they become 'subjects.' Citizens are governed. Subjects are ruled. It doesn't take a genius to see who wants to govern and who wants to rule.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
9mm is not exotic ammo and blocking imports will cause costs to rise.
why do we let the chinese access our markets but block ammo.
something does not smell good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting