Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
..........Another thing to think about are the Pearce grip extensions. I have them on my 27 mags, and they allow me to have a better grip on the gun while I'm shooting. The ones I bought also add +1 to the magazine capacity on the 27, but will add +2 on the 26.
This always makes me chuckle. Folks who "milk the grip" cannot do so unless they have the Pearce or Glock extensions on the compacts and sub-compacts. Ideally you should be able to control your firearm, and the recoil, and follow-through, without ever using your 4th or 5th finger to hold the handgun. This makes for a good exercise in sight alignment and trigger control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ideally you should be able to control your firearm, and the recoil, and follow-through, without ever using your 4th or 5th finger to hold the handgun. This makes for a good exercise in sight alignment and trigger control.
A lovely idea for he range, not such a great idea for self-defense, unless you want to argue that one can be as fast and efficient bringing a weapon back on target with two fingers rather than three, especially with the Glock sub-compacts. The fact that I can shoot 10s only using middle finger and thumb (I practice that way to refine my trigger pull) doesn't mean in any way shape or form that I want to use that form in a gunfight.

You are what you practice!

One last note.

I hated hated the Glock sub-compacts until Pearce came out with the mag extension. I found the gun incredibly hard to draw and acquire a good grip, unless fitted with the extension. When that happened I sold off all of my other carry weapons and have been more than satisfied with just owning the g27 for some 12 years (damn that has to be some sort of record for me).

Old 12-11-2010, 06:37 PM

278 posts, read 993,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I hated hated the Glock sub-compacts until Pearce came out with the mag extension. I found the gun incredibly hard to draw and acquire a good grip, unless fitted with the extension. When that happened I sold off all of my other carry weapons and have been more than satisfied with just owning the g27 for some 12 years (damn that has to be some sort of record for me).
I just installed Pearce mag extensions on my two Glock 27 mags about an hour ago. I have never taken a magazine apart before. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to get that plate off, but once you do, it takes about 5 seconds. I really like the extra grip it gave me, but I don't see it giving me an extra round as the product claims.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
I just installed Pearce mag extensions on my two Glock 27 mags about an hour ago. I have never taken a magazine apart before. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to get that plate off, but once you do, it takes about 5 seconds. I really like the extra grip it gave me, but I don't see it giving me an extra round as the product claims.
Well, the first thing to do is to make sure you purchased the "+1" model. They make grip extensions that don't add capacity as well as those that do. If you didn't get the +1 model, then you won't increase the magazine capacity, but you will get the extension for the magazine. I almost made the mistake of buying two of the regular extensions at a gun show, but the vendor double checked and asked if I wanted the extra capacity model instead. When I said I did, he switched them for me, so I ended up with what I wanted.

It's still hard to get the last round loaded with the +1 magazine extensions, but it is possible.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
Well, the first thing to do is to make sure you purchased the "+1" model. They make grip extensions that don't add capacity as well as those that do. If you didn't get the +1 model, then you won't increase the magazine capacity, but you will get the extension for the magazine. I almost made the mistake of buying two of the regular extensions at a gun show, but the vendor double checked and asked if I wanted the extra capacity model instead. When I said I did, he switched them for me, so I ended up with what I wanted.

It's still hard to get the last round loaded with the +1 magazine extensions, but it is possible.
I bought them on Amazon, and the ad claimed to add a round to the magazine. I tried cramming another round in there, but I quit trying when I felt like I was forcing it. I'm using that gun as a backup weapon at work, so hopefully the first 3 magazines of 15 will be enough before I resort to that one.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
I bought them on Amazon,
This one;

Customer Image Gallery for Pearce Black Grip Extension For Glock 26/27/33/39 Md: PG39 .

or this one;

Pearce Grip Extension Glock 26, 27, 33 - MidwayUSA

Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM

I bought this one...

Amazon.com: Pearce Black Grip Extension For Glock Model 26/27/33 Md: PG26 .: Sports & Outdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Glock 27/33 unit adds one round to the Model 27(40 Smith & Wesson) or 33(357Sig) converting the factory 9 round magazines to ten rounds.
This is the quote from the product description. It claims the product adds a round, but I don't see it happening since the floor plate specs are the same as the original. I may leave some negative feedback about that.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
In the quote below, I have cut and pasted the info from the Amazon.com webpage referenced above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com
Pearce Black Grip Extension For Glock Model 26/27/33 Md: PG26, Glock Model 26/27/33 grip extension. Replaces the magazine floor plate Model 29 fits M30 nine round mags also replaces the magazine floor plate as with the model 36 plus one extension, replaces the magazine floor plate converting the factory magazines to seven round capacity. External locking feature doubles as a contour blending feature completing the lower rear of grip. Glock 27/33 unit adds one round to the Model 27(40 Smith & Wesson) or 33(357Sig) converting the factory 9 round magazines to ten rounds. (legal limit)Grip Extensions are available in red,green,blue and black., Type: 9MM/40S&W/357Sig Model: Grip Extension Finish: Black Material: PG26, Manufacturer: PEARCE GRIP INC, Model: PG26
Unfortunately, the text is very misleading, but I can see what happened after studying it for a while. The text describes several models of grip extensions: PG26, Model 29, 27/33, etc. The model specified, PG26 is not the one that adds "+1" to a G27. It only provides a grip extension. The model 27/33 (or PG2733) is the one that adds to the magazine capacity. Here's a link to it:

Amazon.com: Pearce Grip PG-2733 Grip Extension for Glock Model 26/27/33: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/Pearce-Grip-PG-2733-Extension-Glock/dp/B002MNUQXY/ref=pd_sim_sg_4 - broken link)

Quote:
This is the quote from the product description. It claims the product adds a round, but I don't see it happening since the floor plate specs are the same as the original. I may leave some negative feedback about that.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:35 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,812,108 times
You gun guys may have already seen this video and for that I apologize.
But this was my first time seeing it.
Reeeeeeaaaaaaalllllly good video.
This guy is a virtual fountain of Glock information.

Glock

Old 03-12-2011, 06:10 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
You gun guys may have already seen this video and for that I apologize.
But this was my first time seeing it.
Reeeeeeaaaaaaalllllly good video.
This guy is a virtual fountain of Glock information.
Love Hickok45's videos, Don't even own a Glock but enjoy watching his videos, he covers much more than just Glock too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting