Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Bleh. Cant stand short hair on a woman.

I find it amazing that women will spend hours applying make up, changing their shoes and outfits fifteen times, but they chop their hair off for almost exclusively the reason of "its easier to deal with".
That's how I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Why do men always like long hair? I never really paid that much attention, but I've seen both here in CO. Right now I have mine long and dark and I'm sticking with it this way for awhile. I like giving it some soft curls. I think it looks pretty. There's not much you can do day to day to mix up short hair.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:57 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Why do men always like long hair? I never really paid that much attention, but I've seen both here in CO. Right now I have mine long and dark and I'm sticking with it this way for awhile. I like giving it some soft curls. I think it looks pretty. There's not much you can do day to day to mix up short hair.

For me personally, I dont want my woman looking like a dude. I dont want her to have ripped muscles, I dont want her to have facial hair, I dont want her to have a deep voice, and I dont want her to have short hair.

As another poster said, long hair is feminine, and I completely agree.

I dont think dudes should have long hair either unless its a tribal custom.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:00 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Bleh. Cant stand short hair on a woman.

I find it amazing that women will spend hours applying make up, changing their shoes and outfits fifteen times, but they chop their hair off for almost exclusively the reason of "its easier to deal with".
Couldn't agree more.
Perhaps it is cultural, but I am surrounded by Asian women where I now live, and it is the norm for them to have long straight black hair, half-way down their back. For me, it is very attractive. Makes them look very feminine. Just my personal opinion, so no flames, but short hair on 90% of women make them look 'butch'. Not to be too superficial, but that is a show-stopper for me. (And not to digress too badly, as I usually do, but young, say 30, extremely smart, rich, Asian, beautiful, tiny, and long hair does the trick).

Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Well -- two things -- a lot of women suffer from hair loss as they age. My hair has thinned a small bit -- no one else notices but *I* do. And my hairdresser does. And keeping the hair shorter maximises the lift, so your hair looks fuller. Since my hair loss is more at the top of my head, I can keep my hair long all around, but on top I like it shorter....

Second -- I gave up telling people their hair looks good when they cut it. I had two customers that revelled in their long hair, and both of them came in within six months of each other with wildly short hair. One woman looked absolutely ADORABLE.... and I told her so. She could barely thank me.... and then told me she had suffered a brain aneurysm and nearly died and they had found another one on the other side of her head and ended up having her whole head shaved.

The other one lost all her hair due to chemo from breast cancer.

Both times I ended up feeling like I had my foot shoved down my throat.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:31 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
The other one lost all her hair due to chemo from breast cancer.

Both times I ended up feeling like I had my foot shoved down my throat.
Of course medical conditions are the exception. Then, its not really their option at all.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:09 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
Eh. I think it depends on the person. Everyone isn't made to wear their hair short. Unless its been chopped off for some reason or a medical condition, I'm against it.

With that being said, I've cut my hair plenty of times in a process to remove the chemicals (something black women do) and I've still garnered just as much attention as with my long hair.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
I imagine long hair, like high heels and the color pink, are only associated with femininity because we're raised being told it is and seeing images that back that up. There's not really any evolutionary reason to associate long hair with femininity, the way you would with large breasts, hips, long neck etc.

I think long hair looks nice on many but very strange on older women, especially if they've gone gray/white. A bob or shoulder length hair is great but much longer than that and, as someone else said, it does start looking witchy.

Nice as long hair may be, it always seems to be attached to the most horrid people. I've seen so many women go on about "I've got loooong hair, down to my butt and it's soooo gorgeous. Once I cut my hair short, just below my breasts and having it so short was sooo ugly! I couldn't wait for it to get beautiful and long again!" It's an attitude I don't care for and makes me want to chop their hair off in their sleep, just to watch the pathetic aftermath.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:18 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Just think "Marcy D'Arcy". I will presume you know what show that was from. Don't need to say any more. Ugh.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
These woman do look butch. A few of them do have thin hair, but if this is an attempt to make it look more full, it isn't working at all.

It looks thin and short. They also do not wear any make up, moisturizer, lip gloss - ANYTHING! Just dowdy and frumpy clothes and extremely short hair.

I have never seen so many women in one area who look this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care