Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:14 PM

4,641 posts, read 11,949,435 times

Advertisements

I have long wavy hair and I am having a heck of a time finding products that enhance my wave and reduce frizz, but don't weigh my hair down so much that I lose the wave. Does anyone have any favorite products?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 01:25 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,853,669 times
Dove has an anti frizz serum i like and I prefer Garnier Fructis.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:53 AM

175 posts, read 367,019 times
I've been using tresemme naturals conditioner as a rinse out and a leave in. After a brief towel dry, I will mix a little conditioner and water in my hands and apply this to the ends then air dry.

I don't know about weighing your hair down though, my hair seems to need a little weighing down. I mostly just use it for curl definition though.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:10 PM

50,396 posts, read 64,095,870 times
I liked the FrizzEase products a lot. I don't remember which ones exactly, but I think it was a serum on wet hair (just a little) and then scrunch. Pick it out to fluff out after it dries and maybe some hair spray. I'm sure you know, once you brush it, all is lost.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,635,440 times
I have long, wavy hair, also, and have yet to find a product in 37 years, whether drugstore or salon brand, that really works well with it to keep the natural wave looking nice. I typically end up either blowing it straight (which works well), or just resign myself to having Jesus Hair. My natural waves look fine when my hair is still damp, and my hair doesn't really frizz, per se... it just doesn't maintain nice, defined waves once it's dried. It looks, well, like Jesus' hair in Renaissance paintings. Or The Big Lebowski. Most products I've tried work initially, but peter out as the day wears on. Over the decades, I've tried varying types of mousse, setting sprays, gels, serums, the supposed "beachy wave" salt sprays, etc., and all anything really seems to do is make my hair look pretty much the same, just with gross residues I don't like the feel of, anyway.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 AM

4,641 posts, read 11,949,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I have long, wavy hair, also, and have yet to find a product in 37 years, whether drugstore or salon brand, that really works well with it to keep the natural wave looking nice. I typically end up either blowing it straight (which works well), or just resign myself to having Jesus Hair. My natural waves look fine when my hair is still damp, and my hair doesn't really frizz, per se... it just doesn't maintain nice, defined waves once it's dried. It looks, well, like Jesus' hair in Renaissance paintings. Or The Big Lebowski. Most products I've tried work initially, but peter out as the day wears on. Over the decades, I've tried varying types of mousse, setting sprays, gels, serums, the supposed "beachy wave" salt sprays, etc., and all anything really seems to do is make my hair look pretty much the same, just with gross residues I don't like the feel of, anyway.
This is what I am dealing with. I've tried all things designed for curly hair (too heavy), salt sprays (leave my hair feeling sticky), and all sorts of serums and waxes. I either blow dry it straight or let it dry naturally and then curl it. I'd love to just let it dry naturally.

One thing I have learned is that brushes are horrible for my hair.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,387,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
This is what I am dealing with. I've tried all things designed for curly hair (too heavy), salt sprays (leave my hair feeling sticky), and all sorts of serums and waxes. I either blow dry it straight or let it dry naturally and then curl it. I'd love to just let it dry naturally.

One thing I have learned is that brushes are horrible for my hair.
I have come to the same conclusion about my hair. I always use a wide tooth comb to comb it out of the shower and if I brush it the next day it just looks....bad. I finger comb it these days.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:46 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,724,934 times
Quote:
This is what I am dealing with. I've tried all things designed for curly hair (too heavy), salt sprays (leave my hair feeling sticky), and all sorts of serums and waxes.

Try the DevaCurl line. I have curly hair that has been damaged is mostly looks wavy/frizzy nowadays. It is kind of expensive (I didn't want to re-purchase the entire kit again), so I've just been using the their gel and it works wonders! It tames my hair without being crunchy or looking wet

Old 10-02-2014, 02:15 PM

8 posts, read 8,617 times
You can go for rebounding also or use some hair serum for this.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:38 AM

466 posts, read 582,482 times
Default Best products for wavy hair

Quote:
I have long wavy hair and I am having a heck of a time finding products that enhance my wave and reduce frizz, but don't weigh my hair down so much that I lose the wave. Does anyone have any favorite products?
My daughter has curly shoulder length hair. She swims daily and sails at weekends. Because of her lifestyle her hair is subject to chlorine and salt. To protect her hair she uses Pro Naturals Hair Repair System. However, since she changed her hairdryer to a Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Professional Hair Dryer she has noticed a big difference. No more frizz but lots of shine. She says that there is a switch on the ion generator, blue = positive ions which will boost shine and finish she finishes off with a blast from the cool shot button to seal the cuticle and help eliminate frizz and flyaways. The green light = negative ions which dries hair much faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care