Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 08:01 AM

17,571 posts, read 39,237,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
I am in my late 60’s and have started noticing some hair loss when I wash my hair. I have thick wavy hair, although no waves on the top. It was freaking me out, but since I’ve been reading this thread, it seems to be an age thing.

Thank you gypsychicfor mentioning Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection spray. I’ve been using it for a week now and love it. I do blowout my hair and make it straight, although curled under a little. But, I am tired of that hairstyle so I am growing it out. What a pain with all the layers! I haven’t had a haircut since October and that is very rare for me. Hopefully, by the spring I’ll figure out what new style I want.

Someone mentioned a body perm. I have not seen anyone at my salon getting one in years. But it’s a good idea...... I should get one for the part of my hair that is straight.
Glad that worked out for you! It is still my fave new product. I do like the Aveda, but for the price I would not say I think it is much (if any better) than the cheap Tresemme. For hairstyle, I am just keeping it about shoulder length, all one length. It looks healthiest and thickest (as much as it can look "thick" lol) I go back and forth about cutting bangs or changing the shape, but always chicken out. At least with this I can easily put it up, back or do the headband curls which is so easy and effective!

blueherons, glad you are happy with your new rollers! Sadly, rollers have never worked out for me, my air is too thin and fine and I always have trouble. I used to do "rag curls" but even that is too much trouble. The best way for me to curl my hair is the aforementioned "headband curl method" or else just putting up in high ponytail and making a few "sausage rolls" The headband method gives me lots of long lasting curls/waves and the up method is a more subtle, straighter look with just curl on the ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care