Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 05:47 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times

Advertisements

Vo5. Not because I like it so much but rather I tried top of the line shampoos and don't see any difference. So, why not buy the cheap stuff that's just as good. Save myself some bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 07:04 AM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
I use Vo5 also. Super cheap and gets the job done. Also, I use my brother’s Tresemme. He likes the big bottles that last forever.

Old 07-03-2022, 11:09 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
A long time ago I ordered a shampoo online with copper peptides (it was expensive, about $25 a bottle) my hair came out so beautiful, shiny and manageable (it's natural curly, fine, flyaway, frizz, dry) it was unbelievable, people even complimented me. I went in Ulta and asked if they had similar shampoo but they didn't. Does anybody use or know the name of a shampoo with copper (not the ones which have henna color)?
Perhaps those? It sounds very interesting!
https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Peptid.../dp/B00TK0H4IC

https://www.truthinaging.com/truth-v...volume-shampoo

https://copperhed.com/product/copper...daily-shampoo/

https://hairhealth.org/copper-chemist/

Old 07-04-2022, 05:34 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Vo5. Not because I like it so much but rather I tried top of the line shampoos and don't see any difference. So, why not buy the cheap stuff that's just as good. Save myself some bucks.
I do see a huge difference. This is an interesting thread. I will stay tuned

I was using Living Proof for a long time. It would keep my hair clean for four days. After about eight months to a year I always find my hair needs a change.
Lately--it is no drugstore shampoo: Oribe. Pricey. Nordstrom sent me a sample--hook, line and sinker! Hair stays clean for four days, the shine, no frizz.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:29 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I do see a huge difference. This is an interesting thread. I will stay tuned

I was using Living Proof for a long time. It would keep my hair clean for four days. After about eight months to a year I always find my hair needs a change.
Lately--it is no drugstore shampoo: Oribe. Pricey. Nordstrom sent me a sample--hook, line and sinker! Hair stays clean for four days, the shine, no frizz.
Really? I think I will give the two of them a try then. Thanks for the tip and FYI!

Old 07-04-2022, 08:17 AM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I won't touch that ^^^ stuff. It's cheap for a reason. Check on the ingredients. There is reason why they are involved in a lawsuit.
Suave Hair Products’ Ingredient Causes Hair Loss, Scalp Irritation, Class Action Alleges

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...ction-alleges/

I try my best to use natural, non-toxic hair products.
Many of them you can catch for a very reasonable price in discount stores like Marshalls, Tjmax or Tuesday Morning.
My favorite are JVN hair products. They contain hemisqualane and lots of herbal stuff that is really nutritious and leaves hair soft, silky and frizz free.
Thanks for the heads up! I would have tried Suave. The lawsuit is true. No Suave for me.

Old 07-04-2022, 12:21 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
Pantene. Works fine, been using it for many years.

I use the conditioner I get in my Clairol hair color box.

Old 07-04-2022, 03:01 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
I don't like to stick to just one shampoo or conditioner or even body wash. I think that periodical change it's good for the hair/skin.
Different ingredients, different nutrition.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:00 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Maui Moisture Hair Care. It's very thick, which I need.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:36 PM

19,604 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I won't touch that ^^^ stuff. It's cheap for a reason. Check on the ingredients. There is reason why they are involved in a lawsuit.
Suave Hair Products’ Ingredient Causes Hair Loss, Scalp Irritation, Class Action Alleges

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...ction-alleges/

I try my best to use natural, non-toxic hair products.
Many of them you can catch for a very reasonable price in discount stores like Marshalls, Tjmax or Tuesday Morning.
My favorite are JVN hair products. They contain hemisqualane and lots of herbal stuff that is really nutritious and leaves hair soft, silky and frizz free.
That is only certain Suave hair products, they don't all contain that ingredient. I've used Suave Professionals for years, love it but it does have sulfates. Now they no longer sell my shampoo/conditioner because of that lawsuit (which ingredient is in other products by other manufacturers too). Some people have had an allergic reaction on the scalp which could result in some hair loss, but that can happen with any hair product ingredient. I never had an issue with it.

I have respiratory reactions to a lot of cosmetic products because they put so much fragrance in it. The Suave shampoo and conditioner I used had a very mild coconut scent that didn't stick around after rinsing. The other Suave hair products are stronger smelling and those I tried do not work the same on my hair.

I still have some of my old stuff left over but now I'm stuck as I just can't use many shampoos because of their toxic fragrances and/or my hair doesn't like them.

My second shampoo is Maui Moisture sulfate free for dry hair, but as usual, the scent is a bit too strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care