Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 05:43 PM

2,862 posts, read 1,807,201 times

Advertisements

Thank each of you for tour recommendations !

Looking for a fragrance free or subtle fragrance shampoo conditioner for my dry hair.

Being a Vintage female (mid-70's), remember as a teen, oily hair; washed every other day ! Now, 2 times a week.

Funny story, my maternal grandmother had dandelion hair. She used A O5 to tame her hair. So ! That's what'll I'll use. Wrong ! Was washing my hair Every day for a while ! She also wore a light hair net as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2023, 09:53 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times
We’ve got these Garnier Ultimate Blends ‘Hair Food’ conditioners in the UK, made with natural ingredients, which are mostly fruit based. I’ve tried all of them, and they are excellent. They are probably available in the US too, I’d imagine.

https://www.garnier.co.uk/our-brands...ends/hair-food

Old 02-06-2023, 06:37 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Pantene 2 in 1 Moisture Renewal.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:51 PM

12 posts, read 10,192 times
agree with pantene

Old 02-12-2023, 03:28 PM

402 posts, read 276,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
I'm usually a shampoo/conditioner snob and spend way too much money on them but I love Organix products. They're only about $10 per set and surprisingly very high quality and comparable to the more expensive brands. They make my hair smell really good and leave my hair feeling soft and clean for up to 4-5 days. With the more high end brands, I only need to wash once every 6-7 days so this isn't too far off. I haven't had a very good experience with other drugstore brands, unfortunately. I think Shea Moisture is probably my second fave but I don't use them much anymore. I feel like I need to wash about every 3 days with every other drugstore brand. My goal is to wash less.

Wondering if anyone else have a drugstore brand they really love?
What ones do you recommend? My kids and I used I think the coconut one and it left and made our hair feel like straw...

Old 02-12-2023, 08:36 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Oh, l am not particularly picky, although l do pay attention to the ingredients.
Sulfates, dimethicone, formaldehyde, synthetic dyes and fragrances, parabens ... those are to be avoided.
I buy smallest bottle available because l like to change shampoos/conditioners often to give my hair different kind of nutrients.

Currently using this brand shampoo/conditioner:

This was my previous shampoo:
https://www.amazon.com/INNERSENSE-Or...ref=mp_s_a_1_4 <<< the small bottle

Last edited by elnina; 02-12-2023 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-28-2023, 07:10 AM

21 posts, read 19,125 times
I saw the thread title and immediately thought: ORGANIX! Love the lower price with salon quality and no damaging ingredients.

Old 05-01-2023, 06:54 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,151,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msincogneato View Post
I saw the thread title and immediately thought: ORGANIX! Love the lower price with salon quality and no damaging ingredients.
That is a great brand.

I use Aussie products, or Suave if I'm budgeting.

Never fear switching shampoos. BTW a lot of stores sell travel size bottles so you can try a brand before you commit to purchasing a whole bottle.

Hair stylists also give out sample packets of shampoos.

Old 05-01-2023, 03:27 PM

1,824 posts, read 802,049 times
I just started using Neutrogena "Healthy Scalp Clarify & Shine" shampoo and really like it. I think this is a newer formulation of Neutrogena Clarifying shampoo, which I have used in the past. It cleans the scalp & removes residue from other products, without stripping the hair dry...kind of gives it a fresh start. This version has a mild, non-nauseating grapefruit scent.

I have long hair, so the last 6'' or so don't need a lot of harsh shampooing. Anyway, I use it about every 3rd or 4th washing, alternating with other brands, which has always been my shampooing method.

I found it at my local pharmacy, 12 oz. for about $7, might cost less at Walmart, etc.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:52 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,151,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
I just started using Neutrogena "Healthy Scalp Clarify & Shine" shampoo and really like it. I think this is a newer formulation of Neutrogena Clarifying shampoo, which I have used in the past. It cleans the scalp & removes residue from other products, without stripping the hair dry...kind of gives it a fresh start. This version has a mild, non-nauseating grapefruit scent.

I have long hair, so the last 6'' or so don't need a lot of harsh shampooing. Anyway, I use it about every 3rd or 4th washing, alternating with other brands, which has always been my shampooing method.

I found it at my local pharmacy, 12 oz. for about $7, might cost less at Walmart, etc.
A hairdresser friend of mine mentioned she tells her clients to use clarifying shampoo to remove build up of styling products, or built up sebum (oil)...

Just wanted to add this information here, as it's a huge time saver for some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care