Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 05:13 PM

189 posts, read 195,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Thing about it is that people in Hampton Roads are still in denial. They'll call it xenophobic, or something else. Since it is no longer PC to be racist.

But hey, that's part of the fun of C-D

It's like I said before. None of the characters and lively personalities I've met on C-D had I the pleasure of entertaining offline with the people I actually talk to in Hampton Roads in person. Doesn't necessarily mean that they don't feel that way; but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
By the way for those of you who want to play race politics you'll be laughed at now. We are so over that junk. We should discriminate as a matter of fact. USA citizens should always get a higher priority of treatment within the borders of the USA than those who are not. I think in Hampton Roads blacks and whites co-exist pretty darn good actually. We are all american citizens it should be that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 05:36 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
By the way for those of you who want to play race politics you'll be laughed at now. We are so over that junk. We should discriminate as a matter of fact. USA citizens should always get a higher priority of treatment within the borders of the USA than those who are not. I think in Hampton Roads blacks and whites co-exist pretty darn good actually. We are all american citizens it should be that way.
I agree.

It's laughable how sensitive some people here are about race. These same dodos even call facts racist.

It's typically liberal logic. When your argument fails, say the other person a racist, misogynist, hate-monger, etc. Even when the other person is anything but.

The regressive left is out of control.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:52 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,320,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vboryork View Post
This whole discussion is hilarious to me. When you can't actually combat someones argument just call them a racist... it is the ultimate internet argument trump card. There is no response, the accused are forced to prove the negative which you can't do... and the more they try to defend themselves the worse they look. LOL
Looks pretty racist to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
Norfolk has a very liberal(backwards) outlook on how to fix problems. There is always talk about needing to build a better community through things like diversification, empowering minorities, and attracting employers so there are better jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
waste god knows how much money on other useless things like minority-empowerment schemes.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/44000375-post28.html

Old 06-06-2016, 07:48 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Way to cut and paste small portions of what I wrote without showing the context.

But even what was said, what's racist about that? Hating people based on their skin color is racist. Treating people differently based on their skin color is racist. Prejudging people is racist. I do none of these things.

In your eyes, being white with an opinion is racist.

This is the liberal mindset and the mindset of blacks who are quick to call everyone a racist. Anything that doesn't jive with their distorted view of the world is racist. If you're against government programs that help minorities, you're a racist. If you state facts about the number one killer of blacks in this country being other blacks, you're a racist.

Seriously. I'm against any kind of government welfare. Minority empowerment schemes are nothing but typical liberal government waste of taxpayer dollars. That does not make me a racist.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:55 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,320,956 times
Nothing was taken out of context. The link is there for everyone to read.

I never said being white with an opinion is racist. That's your own defense because you know what you said is wrong.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:42 AM

998 posts, read 1,248,677 times
All this spewing has nothing to do with how the Southside has changed since 2001. The HR forum has become diseased, it's a microcosm of the diseased mentality of the US right now......me VS you us VS them all day every day (of which I am definitely guilty from time to time). Pity the fool this country has become and thank the political establishment for overwhelmingly helping to create this divisive toxic soup over the last few decades.

Last edited by Poquoson7; 06-07-2016 at 03:08 AM..

Old 06-07-2016, 05:09 AM

80 posts, read 83,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I don't think it is always best to call racism, but I think there is a very vocal minority of Virginia Beach who would erect a Trump-style wall between Virginia Beach and Norfolk. Maybe it is more classism than racism, though.
I have no doubt there is plenty of both to go around. I just don't like seeing the racism accusation thrown around to shut down discussion when there is little evidence to support it. It is a lazy way to engage people and it doesn't do anything to change opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Looks pretty racist to me:
Well, it could be motivated by prejudice... or they could just think that race-based solutions have done little to improve the condition of poor minority communities in Norfolk and have been a waste of money. I'm sure there is data to support that conclusion. It could be the fact that most of our high-crime, high poverty, cities like Baltimore, Detroit, and even Norfolk have been run by "progressives" with affirmative action policies for the last half a century and the same poor communities are still poor so maybe we need to try something different. I really don't know, I'm not in lockdev's head.

That said, i agree with Poquoson7 that this has gotten way off topic and it is my bad for contributing to that fact. Another potentially informative thread has been ruined by petty bickering...

Old 06-09-2016, 12:54 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,429,791 times
Get back on the topic of 'How has VB / Norfolk changed since 2001? Stop bickerin and acting like teens on here or get out of my thread.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:01 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
So, according to you African-Americans should get better treatment than African immigrants? Caribbean/West Indies? Black British? What are you saying exactly?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:02 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Get back on the topic of 'How has VB / Norfolk changed since 2001? Stop bickerin and acting like teens on here or get out of my thread.
You must not be familiar with the Hampton Roads thread. This is what we do here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area