Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 26,597 times

Advertisements

We are a married couple looking to rent a 2 or more bedroom house. We just discovered our current rental of 6 1/2 years potentially has a toxic black mold problem. We need to move out as soon as possible. Prefer rent to be $1100/month or under. We have 2 cats and a 45 pound dog. All 3 of which are litter/house trained and well-behaved. Looking in the Williamsburg, James City County, York County and Newport News areas. We have been combing the classifieds, internet and streets looking for a house and so far nothing.....If anyone has house to rent or knows of someone who has a house please contact us!!!Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 11:19 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times
I live in Season's Trace in Williamsburg. I'm not sure how you feel about the neighborhood, but there are a few places here to rent. One is a house on a corner lot and I'm not sure how much the rent is, but I'm sure you could negotiate it down. The house is also up for sale so these people are desperate for some reason to get out. There is also a condo/townhome type of thing that has a tiny for rent sign in the yard and the condo backs up to the main road in the neighborhood so if you drive too fast and blink you will miss the sign, but it is there. They are grey condos/townhomes with like a small porch/patio area. The other thing I would look at are some of these houses that have been on the market for a while, the owners might be willing to rent. I know that there are houses in Springhill that have been on the market for over 6 months and there is a house in Westmoreland that the owners continue to drop the price on to get rid of it. They may be willing to rent. I would really start asking on some of those homes because if a person relocates and they have to sell, in today's market, a home could sit for 6 months or longer and I would think that most people would rather have some income to pay the mortgage. I would! If you have been here 6 years, you may want to look into buying a townhome or condo yourself. There are townhomes being built in Yorktown for under $250K by Ryan homes. There is also another community off of 17 where the condos/townhomes are going for under $240k. Just a suggestion.
Good luck!!!!

DVCGAL

Old 05-14-2008, 05:11 PM

4 posts, read 26,597 times
Thanks! Those are some good ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area