Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 04:57 PM

673 posts, read 3,146,213 times

Advertisements

17) Just because you have a YIELD sign doesnt mean you have the right of way!! Since I'm already in the lane, let me drive by you and then you yield to me, just like the sign tells you to do. That sign is NOT for me.

18) If you're at a stop light, you really dont need to let 2 car lengths between you and the car in front of you. Pulling up at a resonable distance is fine and you wont get a ticket!

19) Riding my bumper when I'm driving over the speed limit is not going to make me speed up even faster for you.

20) Motorcyclists, please keep all your wheels on the ground, especially on the bridge tunnels!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 04:56 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,455,750 times
21: When the sign says "shoulder closed" it does not give you the right to use it as a way of passing other vehicles who are trying to exit at the sign that says "exit here."

Old 06-14-2008, 07:26 AM

136 posts, read 515,919 times
I've noticed that in this area if a light turns red you can usually get 2 or 3 cars in before the other light turns green and the police don't care because I have seen plenty of them at the lights when this happens and they don't do a thing about it! A lot of the time when I go through a light that just turned red a car or two behind me go through as well and I was worried that I was pushing it! Everyone is in a hurry you know!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach kat View Post
I've noticed that in this area if a light turns red you can usually get 2 or 3 cars in before the other light turns green and the police don't care because I have seen plenty of them at the lights when this happens and they don't do a thing about it! A lot of the time when I go through a light that just turned red a car or two behind me go through as well and I was worried that I was pushing it! Everyone is in a hurry you know!
Cameras are going back up to nail whoever is going thru red lights.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:36 PM

469 posts, read 1,870,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post

5- Don't pull out in front of someone, then turn 100 feet later- especially when there is no one behind the guy you pulled in front of!
I CANNOT agree with you any more. This bothers me to the core. I DO NOT understand why someone has to pull directly out in front of me and I slam on my brakes, only for them to turn at the next street! And to add insult to injury, there is NO ONE behind me.

I think my biggest problem here driving around this area is people pulling out in front of me from the side streets. It's like nobody wants to wait anymore.

Another one of my biggest pet peeves in this area is slow drivers!

#22 When someone is passing you, please do not go and speed up. Then go slow again when that person falls back behind you.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:12 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbguy05 View Post
I CANNOT agree with you any more. This bothers me to the core. I DO NOT understand why someone has to pull directly out in front of me and I slam on my brakes, only for them to turn at the next street! And to add insult to injury, there is NO ONE behind me.

I think my biggest problem here driving around this area is people pulling out in front of me from the side streets. It's like nobody wants to wait anymore.

Another one of my biggest pet peeves in this area is slow drivers!

#22 When someone is passing you, please do not go and speed up. Then go slow again when that person falls back behind you.
Ahhh, the irritations of driving in HR! Good to know I have company!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:50 PM

24 posts, read 60,486 times
Stay out of the friggin HOV lane during posted hours unless your riding a motorcycle or have at least one passenger with you! The HOV is a benefit to those who car pool or risk their hide on two wheeled transportation for a quicker commute.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:48 AM

I like it when the HOV is open to all traffic. That makes my drive from the base less irritating with the funnel traffic at the bottlenecks.

Something else that's irritating. Crossing over the double white lines when the sign says it's prohibited. Wait in line at the exit like everyone else.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:58 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Well, since I was just hit on Tuesday, here's a new rule:

#23 - When making a turn, make sure there are no vehicles in the lane that you want. Most of the time, these people are not on the lookout for you turning.

Quote:
Something else that's irritating. Crossing over the double white lines when the sign says it's prohibited. Wait in line at the exit like everyone else.
*cough* Exit 284A *cough cough*

Old 06-20-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Well, since I was just hit on Tuesday, here's a new rule:

#23 - When making a turn, make sure there are no vehicles in the lane that you want. Most of the time, these people are not on the lookout for you turning.

*cough* Exit 284A *cough cough*
464 coming from Chesapeake as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area