Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 05:02 PM

189 posts, read 374,713 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Langley next week and, since we'll be in a hotel for awhile during house-hunting and then visiting family for a couple of weeks before moving in, we'll have to put our cat and our dog in a boarding kennel.

I definitely want to find a reputable place with animal lovers, since both of these guys will be fairly traumatized after flying across six time zones and being not "home" for awhile. Our hotel is in Williamsburg and most houses we're looking at are in the Yorktown area, so somewhere in there is great. That said, we are willing to drive if a terrific place is out in the boonies!

Thanks so much in advance for advice you may have for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 05:36 PM

125 posts, read 496,820 times
Are you stuck on staying in the property you have in mind that's in Williamsburg? If not, we stayed in the TownePlace Suites in Yorktown (Kiln Creek area). We had a 1 bedroom suite (separate kitchen, living room, bedroom, bath) and were able to keep our pets with us when we PCSed here. It was slightly higher ($10, I think?) than the per diem and we did pay slightly extra for our pets, but it was still less expensive than boarding two dogs for two weeks.

If you're committed to the hotel in Williamsburg, I recommend the Grafton Animal Hospital both for boarding & for veterinary care. We use them for both and have experienced excellent service.

Welcome to Langley!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:53 PM

324 posts, read 837,279 times
I will second Grafton Animal Hospital. We use them when we vacation in the area and bring the dogs down with us. They always take excellent care of them are and very accomodating.

I have also used St. Francis Pet Resort in Williamsburg and they are also very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area