Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,017,410 times

Advertisements

Ramdondude how many times are you going to spin your post, its getting to be just a waste of my time to reply to them.....You are bouncing all over the United States trying to find a city that may or may not be better in one stat then what Hampton Roads shows just so you can continue your hate for this area......I mean thanks for the geography lesson but this is getting old real fast...

Great, one thing you posted info on involved the top schools in the nation....That’s fantastic and the students that go to those schools should be very proud along with their parents as they are a very select few.....but when you want to talk about an entire school district for a certain city as a whole and not just one school let me know, only then may you peak my interest...

Sure the schools you have posted are public schools, meaning a student can attend free of charge but they are all magnet schools with very strict guidelines which only take a small number of students under an application only type admittance. So great maybe 500 kids around the Miami school district are selected to go to Coral Reef magnet high school which is one of the schools listed in your list…but there are 380,000 students enrolled in Miami’s school district…....How are those other 379,500 doing in their school?

What most parents are concerned with when they start looking at school zones are how the school ratings are for the public schools their children would attend based off of the neighborhoods they are looking to possibly relocate within......

So nice try on the spin but I don’t think anyone buys it.....

Last edited by rtandc; 02-05-2010 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,196,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
Ramdondude how many times are you going to spin your post, its getting to be just a waste of my time to reply to them.....You are bouncing all over the United States trying to find a city that may or may not be better in one stat then what Hampton Roads shows just so you can continue your hate for this area......I mean thanks for the geography lesson but this is getting old real fast...

Blah blah. Im not bouncing anywhere, Ive been using the same list of 13 cities since the beginning of the third page (save for Charlotte, which I introduced later, but I should have originally included).

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Quote:
Great, one thing you posted info on involved the top schools in the nation....That’s fantastic and the students that go to those schools should be very proud along with their parents as they are a very select few.....but when you want to talk about an entire school district for a certain city as a whole and not just one school let me know, only then may you peak my interest...
I guess you missed the fact that on the second list Miami, Charlotte, and Raleigh appear multiple times. Hell, Miami has 4 public high schools ranked higher then the top Virginia Beach High School.

Quote:
Sure the schools you have posted are public schools, meaning a student can attend free of charge but they are all magnet schools with very strict guidelines which only take a small number of students under an application only type admittance. So great maybe 500 kids around the Miami school district are selected to go to Coral Reef magnet high school which is one of the schools listed in your list

How the hell do you think Princess Anne got to 167? Take the magnet portion out of PA, and it falls to about 800th.

Quote:
…but there are 380,000 students enrolled in Miami’s school district…....How are those other 379,500 doing in their school?
Thats odd, because the population of Miami is only about 425k. I guess about 75% of them are school aged kids? Oh wait, only 22% of them are under 18.......that figures to be about 83,600 possible students in Miami, assuming there are absolutely no kids between the age of 0-18 not in school, which we all know is a load. Probably 25% of that number isnt attending school, and only about 30% of the remainder is in high school (about 18,800 kids). So which is it, you are pulling numbers out of your ass, you are including the whole Miami-Dade metro area as "Miami" or you believe there are a whole hell of alot of out of district students.

Quote:
What most parents are concerned with when they start looking at school zones are how the school ratings are for the public schools their children would attend based off of the neighborhoods they are looking to possibly relocate within......

So nice try on the spin but I don’t think anyone buys it.....
So, lets see, my kid is super smart, and I have the opportunity to move any where in the country........am I going to pick Virginia Beach for Princess Anne High School, or am I going to go to Miami and go to Coral Reef Magnet High.......tough call there.

The bottom line is that the best of Miami is better then the best of Virginia Beach. The best of almost everywhere else is better then the best of Virginia Beach. In fact, the whole top 25 percentile in some of these cities is better then the best of Virginia Beach.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:34 PM

1,477 posts, read 6,017,410 times
LOL are we getting mad Randondude, do we have to now use "hell" and "ass" is every sentence....Stop acting like a 9 year old and do everyone a favor and move to Miami.....I am done with this post...it’s no fun once a person like yourself starts showing such child like behavior in their post

Old 02-05-2010, 09:06 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,320,956 times
Quote:
LOL are we getting mad Randondude, do we have to now use "hell" and "ass" is every sentence....Stop acting like a 9 year old and do everyone a favor and move to Miami.....I am done with this post...it’s no fun once a person like yourself starts showing such child like behavior in their post
Don't you DARE try and send him to Miami!! Try Houston or Charlotte... I don't plan on moving to either one of those.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:

It stopped being fun once you started ignoring huge chunks of my postings to suit your arguments. Now you are "done" with the post, which is French for concession.

By the way, as I stated before, likely ignored by you, I wouldnt move to Miami if someone paid me, but I wouldnt move to Hampton Roads if someone paid me either. It DOESNT mean that Miami isnt better then Hampton Roads, just that there are much better cities to move to then Miami.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Don't you DARE try and send him to Miami!! Try Houston or Charlotte... I don't plan on moving to either one of those.

Quick get a mirror, you may want to make sure your nose isnt brown

Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 AM

63 posts, read 216,881 times
I lived there for 3 years, and lost my house in hurricaine Floyd. If you like the military and seeing people in uniform, lots of used car lots, and HORRIBLE traffic, virginia beach is for you! Am I right? The beach is okay. If you have been to Myrtle, its about 10 times older looking than myrtle. I would not move back if my husband got a 500% pay raise.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni-rn View Post
I lived there for 3 years, and lost my house in hurricaine Floyd. If you like the military and seeing people in uniform, lots of used car lots, and HORRIBLE traffic, virginia beach is for you! Am I right? The beach is okay. If you have been to Myrtle, its about 10 times older looking than myrtle. I would not move back if my husband got a 500% pay raise.
Likely he would not be getting a 500% pay raise, so you dont have to worry about that. Hampton Roads perpetually operates as if it still has its cost of living of the 80's and very early 90's as far as wage income goes.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:30 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,450,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Likely he would not be getting a 500% pay raise, so you dont have to worry about that. Hampton Roads perpetually operates as if it still has its cost of living of the 80's and very early 90's as far as wage income goes.
Then you know what you have to do Random.....Like I told my daughter, if you don't like your boss, find another job. If you like the area you live in and can't afford to quit, shut your mouth and do what you're told. It goes with the territory. If you don't like the area you live in, move to an area you will be happy in.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:50 PM

63 posts, read 216,881 times
[quote]Likely he would not be getting a 500% pay raise, so you dont have to worry about that. Hampton Roads perpetually operates as if it still has its cost of living of the 80's and very early 90's as far as wage income goes./QUOTE]

My Point exactly!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area