Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:07 PM

15 posts, read 34,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Did I mention that all the signs were in Kanji?
You can't just take a book and translate that. How do you look up a character that looks like a rice paty with a cactus after it.
Ya Cant!
(It means exit. Hell, I didn't even know how to exit the subway!)
Oh, and a lot of the building don't have adresses. You have to tell the cab driver the major landmark and where it is in relation to that.

The business was near Yasikuni Jinja behind the Mitsubishi building.
They didnt tell me THAT in the interview.

And you guys are giving him a hard time about going to HAWAII!???

PLEASE
Omg that sounds like a movie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 05:01 PM

19 posts, read 46,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Did I mention that all the signs were in Kanji?
You can't just take a book and translate that. How do you look up a character that looks like a rice paty with a cactus after it.
Ya Cant!
(It means exit. Hell, I didn't even know how to exit the subway!)
Oh, and a lot of the building don't have adresses. You have to tell the cab driver the major landmark and where it is in relation to that.

The business was near Yasikuni Jinja behind the Mitsubishi building.
They didnt tell me THAT in the interview.

And you guys are giving him a hard time about going to HAWAII!???

PLEASE

I don't think you'd have the same sympathy for him if you were hispanic.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhwarrior10 View Post
I don't think you'd have the same sympathy for him if you were hispanic.
Last time I'm saying this I DON'T HATE MEXICANS. I just hate the dropouts who smoke weed all day and wear shorts down to ground those are the real bad guys.
Inb4: my best friend is mexican

Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 PM

140 posts, read 407,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglenachos View Post
Last time I'm saying this I DON'T HATE MEXICANS. I just hate the dropouts who smoke weed all day and wear shorts down to ground those are the real bad guys.

hate to burst your bubble, but we have lots of those types here as well. weed is definitely a problem. you can smell it coming from cars in rush hour traffic or on the guys that ride the bus. throw some meth into the mix and you've got hawaii. not to mention that they're planning to bring home a bunch of prisoners from Arizona jails and will have to release a bunch to make room.

i say you will do whatever you want to do. at your age no one will be able to convince you otherwise. just be sure to have an exit plan in case you don't like it here.

Quote:
Inb4: my best friend is mexican
this quote makes me think you belong on another forum: Hawaii's #1 Forums
you will find ppl more your age.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeanne View Post
hate to burst your bubble, but we have lots of those types here as well. weed is definitely a problem. you can smell it coming from cars in rush hour traffic or on the guys that ride the bus. throw some meth into the mix and you've got hawaii. not to mention that they're planning to bring home a bunch of prisoners from Arizona jails and will have to release a bunch to make room.

i say you will do whatever you want to do. at your age no one will be able to convince you otherwise. just be sure to have an exit plan in case you don't like it here.

this quote makes me think you belong on another forum: Hawaii's #1 Forums
you will find ppl more your age.
Whatever you say dudeman

Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Whatever you say dudeman

i assume you're not trying to convince us you're mature...

you're sounding more troll-like.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeanne View Post
i assume you're not trying to convince us you're mature...

you're sounding more troll-like.
Well no ones really listening to me so and they like picking on a kid haha

Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM

285 posts, read 1,083,047 times
No, thats where you would be wrong. We are listening to you but have seen this all before and can read between the lines. Like my wife says its not what you are saying its how you are saying it that makes us wonder. BUt at any rate do as you feel you must just be prepared for a rude awakening.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo31958 View Post
No, thats where you would be wrong. We are listening to you but have seen this all before and can read between the lines. Like my wife says its not what you are saying its how you are saying it that makes us wonder. BUt at any rate do as you feel you must just be prepared for a rude awakening.
Ive noticed i havnt been saying what i am feeling right. Thats ok though i just wanted peoples experiences and tips but thanks anyway guys!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Well no ones really listening to me so and they like picking on a kid haha
i don't think it's so much that. most ppl think moving to hawaii will be like their vacations. in reality it's not really like that. we just want you to be aware of what it's really like.

homelessness has sky rocketed and with the economic/unemployment problems drug use has risen quite a bit. in the last 4 months we've had 3 or 4 police shootings where the police have killed 3 ppl. all of them were drug related. it may not seem so bad where you are from, but it is rather unheard of here. the thing about the jail is true, it was going through legislation. we don't want you to come here and find out that this was a huge mistake.

i say do it, but come knowing the real side of hawaii. the side where ppl have to work 2 to 3 jobs to rent a decent place. where the homeless sleep in the parks and under bridges. be prepared for the worst, save up money and know that it won't be rosey. we would hate to see you come here, hang out withe the wrong crowd, and get into drugs. i've seen it happen with military wives. it's very sad, esp for husbands.

we are saying, know what you are getting into and be sure to have a way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: