Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times

Advertisements

Be careful, as KOA also requires a Neighboring Island Inspection Permit beside the clearence for Direct Release.. If you arrive without that permit, the animal will be sent back to the mainland or to Honolulu for quarantine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 02:49 PM

22 posts, read 30,870 times
Calm down and stop crying, they only allow one pet per flight. You dont NEED to stop using alaska airlines because of this new pet policy. They want to be able to accomodate for people who are moving and dont want their pets stored under the plane which can be dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Or inform their powers that you were using them because of the no pet policy in cabin but now that you have no way of knowing if one will or won;t be in the cabin, that unfortunetely, you will have to start using another airline. Thank them for their great service, and wish them well. Send it to one of the top executives and thats all you can do. They hear from those who want them to allow pets in the cabin, but not from those who don;t because there was no pets in the cabin. So you have to be just as outspoken and tell them you think its a mistake for the few they will carry to have the potential of people using another airline to avoid the pets.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
When I worked for Delta some 10 years ago now, I use to dread this question about pets. Mainly because as with carry on people want to bend the rules. I remember one day a passenger brought 2 rats in a carrier and wanted to fit them under the seat. It was legal or so we were told that day at the Boston Airport. I really questioned if in fact it was legal, or the supervisors didn't want to deal with the passenger. The passengers seated next to this passenger didn't appreciate his pets, and we had to rearrange seats for everyone delaying that flight. Thankfully it wasn't a full flight that day. The passenger felt he had paid for his particular seat assignment and his rats, and would only sit where he paid for. I felt I was seeing the real beginnings of the thoughtlessness and greed in both our society and the airline industry. Rats on a plane and expect paying passengers to put up with this in that little space. I don't blame them I wouldn't sit there either. I wouldn't want to be on that plane.

My point is I think its great that people can bring thier pet on the plane with them. I sincerely mean that, but I think one has to be practical and show consideration. The aircraft cabin is for people not pets, but society today has changed the rules. So someone is going to suffer because the airlines basically only care about money money and more money. The passenger doesn't mean anything anymore to an airline but that money. So its up to the passengers to show some courtesy.

So please people I realize your not bringing rats on board your flight, but if you bring pets onboard do this.

Ask your fellow seatmates if your pet bothers them. For the person that is allergic or has asthma, that pet can make their flight terrifying and uncomfortable at 30,000 feet when they can't breathe. An aircraft cabin is a cramped recycled air enviroment. I don't know what the latest requirements are but I'm told its up to 7 to 10 pets can be onboard now. I imagine that is on larger aircraft. Again more revenue for the airlines. I'm always amazed at what the airlines will do to raise revenue.

Some people are nice and some are not so nice. I have run into passengers that feel they paid for a certain seat and thier pet, and thats the seat they get. Like that man with the rats and a few more with the same attitude. They could care less if the passenger next to them is bothered by the pet, so let them move. Its sad to say but that does go on.

People don't want to make trouble but the airlines will do little, so just show some courtesy when travelling with pets on a crowded plane. It makes for a more enjoyable flight for everyone, in these days when air travel has become a not so nice experience.
The policy will ONLY allow one pet per flight, which im sure they will make it a point to get permission from whomever is sitting next to that passenger. For petes sake, there hasnt been any horror stories yet for anyone to pass opinions or judgement.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:27 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,984 times
Cat poo early in the flight is all the horror I would need.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
Cat poo early in the flight is all the horror I would need.
Which rests my case. You did not experience that yourself to pass judgement on this new policy. Therefore ur opinion is invalid. People need to realize you fix a problem when it actually occurs... Stop being paranoid.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaenenoa View Post
Which rests my case. You did not experience that yourself to pass judgement on this new policy. Therefore ur opinion is invalid. People need to realize you fix a problem when it actually occurs... Stop being paranoid.
Wow, 3 posts in and you are really coming across strong.

Darn skippy I'll pass judgement on this policy. I don't need your approval to validate my opinion, thank you very much.

Paranoia has nothing to do with it. The policy is flawed and will fail. Do not take this personally. If your strong investment in this policy is because you want to use it, sorry for your loss. But coming on the board and being rude to it's members, for whatever reason, is just plain hostile. In forum land we call that TROLLING. And it's not a nice thing to do.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
Wow, 3 posts in and you are really coming across strong.

Darn skippy I'll pass judgement on this policy. I don't need your approval to validate my opinion, thank you very much.

Paranoia has nothing to do with it. The policy is flawed and will fail. Do not take this personally. If your strong investment in this policy is because you want to use it, sorry for your loss. But coming on the board and being rude to it's members, for whatever reason, is just plain hostile. In forum land we call that TROLLING. And it's not a nice thing to do.
My point is this. If you haven't experience anything you predict, then really quit fussing about it. People that has had an inconvenience with the pet traveling to Hawaii due to agricultural reasons have every right to be excited and doesn't need people with paranoia to be bursting their bubble. Alaska airlines is not the first and only airlines to be able to have pets traveling in a cabin, they're just first to allow it for travel to Hawaii, so don't act surprised about the policy. And yes, I am taking it to offense because I am
One that is looking into travel with my pet back home to Hawaii, that's the reason for concern... Unlike you who probably likes to state opinions that probably doesn't even apply to you

Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Btw it seems to me based on your "reputation" that this is all you do in life.
"trolling"? Thanks for validating how often youre on here to pass judgment. I'm here for one thing and one thing only and it's to find more info on dogs traveling to Hawaii.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,565 times
Jaenenoa,
If someone disagrees with a companies policy, what is wrong with voting with your dollars and not using them anymore? It is the same as how you or anyone one else who agrees with you, is free to vote with their dollars and use the company.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,811,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaenenoa View Post
Alaska airlines is not the first and only airlines to be able to have pets traveling in a cabin, they're just first to allow it for travel to Hawaii, so don't act surprised about the policy.
Actually, in the past is has been possible to travel with pets onboard. I've personally traveled over the years about 6 times with a cat on board to or from Hawaii, with no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: