Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:23 PM

4,416 posts, read 4,906,711 times

Advertisements

I've lived here for 6 years and visited regularly for years before that, but somehow you know this area better than I do even though you've only visited it a few times? I've lived in and/or owned property in three of the largest subdivisions in Puna.

Your statement is incredulous.

p.s. I have NO TRESPASSING signs on all of our properties. We also own donkeys. I don't want anybody to get trampled to death, so I warn them to keep out. Maybe some of the signs that you saw were mine.

Last edited by terracore; 06-02-2018 at 08:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 02:22 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,574,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Apparently I know the area better than you. It’s ridiculous to suggest what I’m saying isn’t true and undermines your credibility to suggest otherwise.
You just can't let it go, can you..

Old 06-03-2018, 07:18 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
You just can't let it go, can you..
pitbull syndrome.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:20 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
I've lived here for 6 years and visited regularly for years before that, but somehow you know this area better than I do even though you've only visited it a few times? I've lived in and/or owned property in three of the largest subdivisions in Puna.

I didn’t say a few times. I said dozens of times. I personally witnessed some of the worst of the worst at various physician clinics. Regardless, you sound like a climate change denier, if you perceive it’s some sort of Shanghai-la so be it. I get actually living there can distort reality but to imply it isn’t an area of a lot of wackos is a bit much.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:57 PM

4,416 posts, read 4,906,711 times
Quote:
I didn’t say a few times. I said dozens of times. I personally witnessed some of the worst of the worst at various physician clinics. Regardless, you sound like a climate change denier, if you perceive it’s some sort of Shanghai-la so be it. I get actually living there can distort reality but to imply it isn’t an area of a lot of wackos is a bit much.
No idea where climate change entered this discussion. (?)
It's a well established fact that the climate has never stopped changing.

"I get actually living there can distort reality but to imply it isn’t an area of a lot of wackos is a bit much."

Wow. Just. Wow. What makes us 'wackos'? Skin color? Education? Culture? Income? Please elaborate.

"I get actually living there can distort reality".

Simply living in Puna distorts reality? Like it's a gigantic "mystery spot" bigger than Oahu? That is an incredible claim. Please post incredible peer-reviewed scientific articles to back up your incredible claim.

Last edited by terracore; 06-04-2018 at 11:15 PM..

Old 06-05-2018, 10:48 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post

What makes us 'wackos'? Skin color? Education? Culture? Income? Please elaborate.
Mental Illness. It impacts areas more so with high rates of poverty. It is what it is.

Puna has the second highest rate of poverty in Hawaii. Nearly half of all the residents living at or 130% of the federal poverty level. That is an astonishing number.

All sort of academic articles out there on the links between poverty and mental illness with an even higher impact on children.

You can also do your own research on the correlation between mental illness and higher crime rates. Plenty of articles on that.

So, to imply all those poor people are happy just sitting under a palm tree is just silly. Some, not all - are wackos. And you are going to find a higher rate of wackos (due to higher rates of mental illness) in the Puna district than just about any other area of the state.

This is just so obvious.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:27 PM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Quote:
Unless you live in parts of Puna.

Here is the thing. People do act like in some parts of Puna (haters, emphasis on parts). This is not exactly in some parts not a blissful area. Your neighbor can be Mr Rogers like or Unabomber like.
Haters? Pot, meet kettle.

Seems to me that the people of Puna have acquitted themselves quite admirably so far, considering what they're going through.

Are there many wackos there? My impression is that yes, there are, but they are by and large peaceful ones.

They're outnumbered by stable, wonderful people though, and BTW lower Puna was a Shangri-La.

Shanghai La? Dunno, maybe that's Oahu.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:40 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Quote:
I'm totally using this as an expletive! "Get lost Denier!!", "Man, I hate that Denier!"

But I digress... I'm here for the nut job. This video is old, but if this is the same guy, I'm reading in the comments that he's been arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSFXITw0Iw

Old 06-12-2018, 07:28 PM

293 posts, read 191,696 times
What happened to resolving fights by fighting with fists or by talking stuff out? Back when i was younger, people usually resolved arguments by a punch to the face or such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii