Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 10:05 AM

9,287 posts, read 14,897,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
and CO2 for that matter, appeared to have nothing to do with it.
I'd love to see the peer reviewed scientific research that that shows that a hockey stick rise in Co2 has nothing to do with global warming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 10:16 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,553,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
In which case your head is buried in something other than sand.
Try to stay "grown-up"

Old 10-14-2018, 11:26 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,637,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I'd love to see the peer reviewed scientific research that that shows that a hockey stick rise in Co2 has nothing to do with global warming.
You would need a microscope to see it at the end of this graph I’ve linked. I put no credence, myself, in measurements collected by methods lacking any degree of standardization, controls and multiple methods of computer modeling. This is a graphical representation of temperature and CO2 over the millennia. Man, and especially any technology he developed, was completely absent during the vast majority of this time.

But, as I said in another thread, I’ve debated this stuff ad nauseum in other forums and have no desire to continue that sort of self flagellation on this one so I’ll just wish everyone a good time on this one and be on my way.

Please click to enlarge the graph at the linked post if curious.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/scien...l#post53224214

Old 10-14-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I’m a scientist by education and work experience. The ”evidence” is arguable at best and yes, I’ve read BOTH sides like I always do. There might indeed be global warming but there is strong data to support the fact that it has happened repeatedly throughout the millennia; mankind certainly, and CO2 for that matter, appeared to have nothing to do with it.
Exactly, climate changes on its own

Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
You've been duped by faux-science. I've been following this "issue" for 3 decades.
After demonstrating very little understanding of science in the fissure 8 discussion, you really expect to be taken seriously here?

Open-D and LesLucid are so fired up by their political biases that they've completely ignored the issue at hand in order to attack the concept of anthropogenic climate change.

Are oceans rising or not? Obviously so. Mistakenly denying that rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere are contributing to a warming atmosphere and thermal expansion of oceans is beside the point.

I personally wouldn't be able to afford oceanfront anywhere, so it's not a concern of mine.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:39 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,637,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
After demonstrating very little understanding of science in the fissure 8 discussion, you really expect to be taken seriously here?

Open-D and LesLucid are so fired up by their political biases that they've completely ignored the issue at hand in order to attack the concept of anthropogenic climate change.

Are oceans rising or not? Obviously so. Mistakenly denying that rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere are contributing to a warming atmosphere and thermal expansion of oceans is beside the point.

I personally wouldn't be able to afford oceanfront anywhere, so it's not a concern of mine.
My political beliefs have no more to with believing MMGW than they do with believing religion. It has to do whether there is good science being done. There are simply tons of problems, evident to anyone who’d bother to look for them, with the so-called science. There is no historical correlation between CO2 and climatic warming and, even if there was, correlation does not prove causation.

To prove causation, you need to conduct experiments. No experimentation is possible with global climate change because, for one huge reason, there is no way to establish an experimental control for a global climate. We only have this one.

Regarding my politics, I have voted Dem, Rep, Ind and Libertarian over the years. I’m currently registered as a Libertarian but I have plenty I disagree with them about as well, mainly to do with their perception of the benevolence of corporations.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:32 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,144,519 times
Quote:
Does anyone still buy into this bilge?
Many shoreline lots are quite huge, i.e. 150-200 feet long, so even if 50 feet of land are eroded, there is still plenty of land left in the lot to build a dwelling. But he has still to pay the property tax for the eroded land.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
My political beliefs have no more to with believing MMGW than they do with believing religion. It has to do whether there is good science being done. There are simply tons of problems, evident to anyone who’d bother to look for them, with the so-called science. There is no historical correlation between CO2 and climatic warming and, even if there was, correlation does not prove causation.

To prove causation, you need to conduct experiments. No experimentation is possible with global climate change because, for one huge reason, there is no way to establish an experimental control for a global climate. We only have this one.

Regarding my politics, I have voted Dem, Rep, Ind and Libertarian over the years. I’m currently registered as a Libertarian but I have plenty I disagree with them about as well, mainly to do with their perception of the benevolence of corporations.
Yes, but there is no political hay to be made in observing that the evidence is flawed, with much of the temp differences due, for example, to changes in the surrounding ground. For example, what was once an orchard is now an airport. Well of course, the temp will be higher, no accounting is made for these circumstances.

As far as any man-made component of the natural ebb and flow of "climate is concerned" I would analogize them to be about as significant as the wake of ships contributing to the overall number, and severity of waves at sea. The wake is infinitesimal compared to the waves already existing and caused entirely by natural causes.

We already know, from the historical record, that climate changes on its own from entirely natural causes, and has been doing so since long before mankind even existed. So what evidence that the continuation of these natural changes is now significantly the result of man's activity? Answer: NONE WHATSOEVER. The climate continues to do what it has always done, i.e. to CHANGE

Last edited by Open-D; 10-16-2018 at 06:21 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post

Where, specifically, is this happening, and to what degree?

As far as being "taken seriously" you should talk, having taken on the nature of a laughing stock as the key characteristic of your posts. "Blind" says it all.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
Where, specifically, is this happening, and to what degree?

As far as being "taken seriously" you should talk..

If you don't have the ability to explore this for yourself, find someone else to do it because I have no interest in helping you locate something that you'd just flippantly reject anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii