Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 04:22 PM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,878 times

Advertisements

Hey, Coming to Hawaii, Oahu to work on Hickam for a contractors job.
I will be under quarantine for 1 days per Hawaii/Covid restrictions. I do have mission essential orders allowing me to get rental car.
Other than that, not a word on how to get food, water etc to room.
Are there any food delivery places you can recommend. Grocerys , not just Uber Eats.
Can I go through drive throughs, get gas and go into gas stations?
Sounds silly, but mgmnt isnt really helping out.
I am not even sure what hotel we will be staying as of yet. We normally go through a realty company down by Ala Moana mall.
Thnx in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 04:32 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,836,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Hey, Coming to Hawaii, Oahu to work on Hickam for a contractors job.
I will be under quarantine for 1 days per Hawaii/Covid restrictions. I do have mission essential orders allowing me to get rental car.
Other than that, not a word on how to get food, water etc to room.
Are there any food delivery places you can recommend. Grocerys , not just Uber Eats.
Can I go through drive throughs, get gas and go into gas stations?
Sounds silly, but mgmnt isnt really helping out.
I am not even sure what hotel we will be staying as of yet. We normally go through a realty company down by Ala Moana mall.
Thnx in advance
I'm assuming you meant 14 days although your post says 1. Your hotel should be able to help you with these issues. If they are open, you won't likely be the only one in this situation. I have been told that you are not even allowed out on the balconies during quarantine. That seems excessive to me.

The Lt. Gov. said that an announcement is forthcoming about the lockdown. Perhaps it's all about to change.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I'm assuming you meant 14 days although your post says 1. Your hotel should be able to help you with these issues. If they are open, you won't likely be the only one in this situation. I have been told that you are not even allowed out on the balconies during quarantine. That seems excessive to me.

The Lt. Gov. said that an announcement is forthcoming about the lockdown. Perhaps it's all about to change.
Oops. I did mean the 14 days..
Hopefully this will pass. We are scheduled for middle of July..

Old 06-24-2020, 04:49 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,923,379 times
I don't think anything will change by mid-July but you never know.

Regarding quarantine - you cannot leave your hotel/residence under any circumstance. You must go directly from airport to where you are staying. No grocery stores, drive-thru's, gas, etc - for 14 days.

Safeway (grocery store) delivers.

This place delivers groceries and stuff island wide

Welcome

Grubhub, Uber Eats, Doordash all exist.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I don't think anything will change by mid-July but you never know.

Regarding quarantine - you cannot leave your hotel/residence under any circumstance. You must go directly from airport to where you are staying. No grocery stores, drive-thru's, gas, etc - for 14 days.

Safeway (grocery store) delivers.

This place delivers groceries and stuff island wide

Welcome

Grubhub, Uber Eats, Doordash all exist.
Thnx for the assist. I wish the Times delivered. Favorite grocery store in Mililani Town, when I lived there.
I need to look into Grub Hub etc and see if they will deliver more than take out orders, and if they will go to grocery stores too.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:44 PM

959 posts, read 1,217,028 times
Foodland delivers groceries as well as their prepared meals to hotels & condos. You’ll need to look at their website for details. I’m not sure if all Foodland’s deliver or just some. And they have delivery zones. So you put in your address to see if they delivery to that location.

I took a look at the one in Ala Moana Mall (near my condo) and the delivery fee was quite reasonable and varied depending on how much you buy.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiBoy View Post
Foodland delivers groceries as well as their prepared meals to hotels & condos. You’ll need to look at their website for details. I’m not sure if all Foodland’s deliver or just some. And they have delivery zones. So you put in your address to see if they delivery to that location.

I took a look at the one in Ala Moana Mall (near my condo) and the delivery fee was quite reasonable and varied depending on how much you buy.
Thnx. Discovery Bay is where we should be staying.
I will check out Foodland too

Old 06-24-2020, 06:04 PM

959 posts, read 1,217,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Thnx. Discovery Bay is where we should be staying.
I will check out Foodland too
Foodland at Ala Moana Mall will be your nearest large grocery store to Discovery Bay and I do know it is within their delivery zone.

There is also a Walmart with groceries not too far away but I don’t know if they deliver or not. And a little further West from Foodland is a Whole Foods (Kakaako). Again, I’ve only looked at delivery from Foodland.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiBoy View Post
Foodland at Ala Moana Mall will be your nearest large grocery store to Discovery Bay and I do know it is within their delivery zone.

There is also a Walmart with groceries not too far away but I don’t know if they deliver or not. And a little further West from Foodland is a Whole Foods (Kakaako). Again, I’ve only looked at delivery from Foodland.
Foodland site looks great, and is very convenient..

Old 06-24-2020, 08:00 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,923,379 times
Since you are targeting mid-July, might as well come Aug 1 onward, no quarantine with negative test just announced for Aug 1 onward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii