Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 AM

18 posts, read 82,280 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, where are we seeing all the fsbo offers being posted? I know all about the mls sites but I'm more interested in working directly with a home owner. the more low-key the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 11:44 AM

190 posts, read 850,215 times
As a buyer you are commission-free. Why would you want to subject yourself to all the hassle, headaches, and legal risks of dealing w/o an agent? The savings wouldn't really that much better than working w/ an agent. And I'm not in R.E.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:53 AM

18 posts, read 82,280 times
what issues? I've done these before, and if you ask me, the worst deals occur when the seller needs to price his home 6% higher than he'd sell it otherwise so as to not lose that money to his Realtor. It's really a total of a few forms and a good title company. I appreciate the "disclaimer" but there are hundreds of ways to acquire property aside from the traditional 2-realtor system-traditional mortgage method.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,354,653 times
I would caution against this, as buying property in Hawaii is not like it is on the mainland. Who ever heard of land-lease here? It and a lot of other legalities are Hawaii only things. Title companies have to deal w/ a lot of different issues as well. You can do as you wish, but I wouldn't do it. True, finding an honest realtor that isn't pushy is difficult but it can be done. It might save you a lot of money and hassles in the long run. Be especially careful of condos as they have unique problems. How sound is the ownership? Are there liens? Is the management company reputable? Do a small portion of the owners control the board and own a lot of the units? Are noisy renters causing owners to sell? Did you know that it is against the law to rent a condo in Hawaii and live off island w/o having a Hawaii based management company handle your rental? Is someone next to the unit you are interested in renting theirs basically as a hotel? Etc.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:47 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,103,880 times
There was a bunch of time share foreclosures in the newspaper last week. I don't pay much attention to condos, but they may have them listed in the newspapers as well.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:24 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,949,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrow View Post
Hi folks, where are we seeing all the fsbo offers being posted? I know all about the mls sites but I'm more interested in working directly with a home owner. the more low-key the better.
Look at the "by owner" items here:

hawaii real estate - all classifieds - craigslist

You can search by price, by area, by type (house or condo). Just try putting various words in the "search for" box.

You can also set it by island, or the whole state, using the boxes at the top.

Hank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii