Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 AM

7 posts, read 25,451 times

Advertisements

Thank you for finding that pet airways website, I entered every major city in Hawaii, I am moving at the end of Aug. and have two cats, It would be amazing if that would work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 AM

190 posts, read 764,398 times
Jolly Dogs.........You are doing the right thing, I am so proud and happy that you are making your pet a priority and not merely ass uming that the dog will be ok in cargo. I would never put my dog or cat in cargo no matter how healthy they are. I think some deaths due to the fact that they probably get so scared, the heart races to fast and has a heart attack. How loud is it in the cargo area..right next to the engines...imagine what they must feel. All these posts coming in stateing there animal made it just fine sad... is all I Will say about that.The problem is people just don't realize, perhaps they should sit in cargo and see how it feels. Anyway I am so happy it is working out for you. Enjoy your new life in Hawaii and many more years with pooch. (I have a 12yr. golden retriever, I am worried for her with the drive down to florida and living in that heat, so I DO know how you feel)...Good Luck...aloha

Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 PM

5 posts, read 13,263 times
Hi Jollydogs,
I'm sorry for posting twice but just found this thread also and wanted to make sure you got my message. Am interested in the charter flight with pets out of Long Beach you mentioned.
Let me know if its still your plan.
Thanks!

Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnn87 View Post
Thank you for finding that pet airways website, I entered every major city in Hawaii, I am moving at the end of Aug. and have two cats, It would be amazing if that would work out.
Be careful giving people too much information. As of today, the FAA still has not received any paperwork on this airline. There is also no aircraft under this airline despite their statement they have 20. One last item, the pets will be traveling in CARGO aboard this airline. I wonder if it is another one of those pet travel sites that generates revenue by membership dues and not actual flights.

Even if Hawaii was possible, using the most economical airline they say they have and the maximum 100 pets they say they will carry, between fixed aircraft cost, ground fees, crew cost, fuel, and all the other stuff, one thousand five hundred dollars would just break even not one hundref fifty dollars.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM

76 posts, read 198,288 times
Hi Pink flamingo!

Thank you so very much for your nice post!!

So you are moving to Florida! I understand your concerns about the heat and the big changes for both you and you doggie. My dog hates the heat. I bought him a Cooling Mat. It basically is a big blue plastic cushioned thing that you fill with cool water. Then you close it up and they can lay on it. It is suppose to stay cool for a few days. Thought it was a great idea. Especially for the old dogs or the short nose dogs who have a hard time with heat. We live in a hurricane zone, if we loose power, said doggie would be miserable! I haven't tried it yet, but we are visiting Florida now and I plan to try it out. If you are interested, let me know and I will get the details about it to you.
Thanks again!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 AM

Hi Konabound!

Yes - we are absolutely still planning this. Don't have set dates yet. Looking at October - December. Depends on when the most people can travel. I am also in touch with a few different charter companies. So yes, we have several others interested and we are planning on doing this.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,546 times
Does anyone have info regarding taking a puppy (under 10 lbs) from Hawaii to SFO?

Old 04-16-2009, 10:56 PM

41 posts, read 214,980 times
I'm in the military, and there isn't any way to bring animals into Hawai'i inside the cabin. We spent a month looking when we came to Kaua'i, it can't be done. The reason is, although the Department of Agriculture does not have any regulation regarding where pets fly within the aircraft, the airline is required by law to bring all incoming animals directly from the plane to the Airport Animal Quarantine Holding Facility. Note: it says THE AIRLINE, not you, must bring the animal.

Thus, since the airline doesn't want to be the bad guy and grab the animal from you before you leave, they simply prevent them from being in the cabin at all.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 AM

nhzero - that is true for scheduled airlines. If it is a private flight you just need to make prior arrangements. So for our case, we will have a private charter arriving in Honolulu with dogs in cabin. Everyone will need to bring an airline approved travel kennel with them. When we land, the dogs will have to go into the kennels and they will be brought in by the contracted ground crew. Once in there, assuming all the paperwork is properly compleated, it takes about 10 minutes to clear and take your animal out. For anyone doing this - the animals will need to be in the kennel until you have exited the airport. So maybe, all total, our dogs will be in their travel kennels about 30 minutes for the whole journey.

kdemello - Our charter will be originating in LA - going to Honolulu - and then will need to return to LA. If the timing is right, maybe we can work on getting a group together to fill the airplane for the return flight. This would be great, as it woud bring everyones cost down! So if anyone wants to travel from Honolulu to LAX in the October or November timeframe - please let me know!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times
I think there is another post of people looking to fill a private plane for the dogs and kitties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii