Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 01:17 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Do you agree brah? American is a wierd place, we will invade contries for being communist, or having imaginary weopons of mass distruction. We can be lazy, greedy etc. But by god its a crime to own that were lazy, greedy or play by rules that fit us. Why is it hard to own that and by owning that be responsible? weird.
I am not lazy. I am not greedy. I do play by all the rules. However, I am sometimes weird!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 01:21 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
My suggestion would be to learn from the past but not try and live in it. You live in today's world and luckily since the part of that world that you live in is the United States, you have the right and freedom to be able to work hard and make a good life for you, yours and anyone you choose to help along the way.
sooo you sayin the US is the greatest..... try ask the survivors living in Iraq.. survivors of an invasion... they quick to post how many American soldiers die..... what of the innocent Iraqi people?? the ones who are TRYIN TO DEFEND THEIR......Sovereignty.. Kamman Man tell me just how much freedom the patriot act has given you... now explain to me how the NDAA is the best thing in the world for the american citizen... now tell me how the US smuggled weapons into Libya for the Syrian rebbels and thats ok... tell me about how good the NSA is for your freedom.... tell me how printing more money is good.... for your freedom..... tell me how invading syria is in the best interest of the US... tell me where all the Gold went from 9/11

they quick to post pictures of kids that dies of some chemical weapons in Syria yet fail to tell you about the DU that caused soo many birth defects via the US invasion in Iraq.. tell me how spending 750mill for a US embassy in Iraq is good for your freedom... tell me how the IRS is not politically motivated? tell me how the Benghazi cover up helps in your freedom?

take a trip around the world...... see how many people hate the US citizen..... for all your freedoms come at the impositions of many innocent people.....

"My suggestion would be to learn from the past but not try and live in it."

live in it.... heck why not re-live it!!! they did hawaii..... re-lived it in Iraq..... then went to Afghanistan and over took their countries.... Now what Syria.... western way of thinking!! take take take.... all for me no matter what the cost... just think if all hawaiians fought back...... they would be called terrorists....

much like hawaii they wanted the queen to sign something saying there would be not punishment for the people who invaded Hawaii.. they did the same thing in Iraq.... Iraq signed it just so the US would get the hell out!!
Oh wait. Hawaii was a regime change!!! I got it...

U.S. is admitting Iraq war had nothing to do with WMD’s.*|*My Future America

Old 09-27-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Uhmmm i already have given up my land for others Mcfrosty. My tribe lost most of the land we lived on but didn't own to make room for American Settlers. My tribe was one who lost there language. So yes i have given up alot for othe
Ray Charles...... such a great man.... its such a wonderful song he sings.... the lucky thing he is blind to see just what the US has become. the song he sings is of a much different time. Had he seen whats going on in the world today would he put the same words to a song...

prolly knot... people talk about freedoms in the US... lol they raping the constitution right in front your eyes..... Ray charles is blind.. whats your excuse....

Old 09-27-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
sooo you sayin the US is the greatest.....
Is America the greatest? I can't honestly answer that because I have not been everywhere.

Is America the greatest country I have ever been to? Yes.

Is America perfect? NO! Far from it. Not being a Democrat or Republican there is MUCH that I disagree with on both sides.

So, Kawena. I stand up and support your right to think the way you do. My question to you is this. Besides talking, protesting, and writing on forums like this, what are you physically doing to get Hawaii back into the hands of the native Hawaiians? How much land have you bought and given them?

Old 09-27-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Ray Charles...... such a great man.... its such a wonderful song he sings.... the lucky thing he is blind to see just what the US has become. the song he sings is of a much different time. Had he seen whats going on in the world today would he put the same words to a song...
Ray Charles sang that song on the Dick Cavett Show on September 18, 1972. That was 13 years after Hawaii became a State. From what you said above, I guess you are now ok with the things that happened at that time. So, we can now leave the Hawaiian issues and move on to the politics of today. However, I don't think this is the forum for that.

Maybe you should post in...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-controversies

Old 09-27-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
you prolly rite... just that someone said here........ hmmm....

"My suggestion would be to learn from the past but not try and live in it. You live in today's world and luckily since the part of that world that you live in is the United States,"

I was replying... thank you berry much

Old 09-27-2013, 01:52 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Is America the greatest? I can't honestly answer that because I have not been everywhere.

Is America the greatest country I have ever been to? Yes.

Is America perfect? NO! Far from it. Not being a Democrat or Republican there is MUCH that I disagree with on both sides.

So, Kawena. I stand up and support your right to think the way you do. My question to you is this. Besides talking, protesting, and writing on forums like this, what are you physically doing to get Hawaii back into the hands of the native Hawaiians? How much land have you bought and given them?
Uhmmm McFrostyJ, Kawena is Kanaka Maoli and im Native American, we both gave at the office and given up our birthrights, lands, culture etc for your ancestors so you can enjoy now. So don't ask us to give more when you haven't given one thing.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
you prolly rite... just that someone said here........ hmmm....

"My suggestion would be to learn from the past but not try and live in it. You live in today's world and luckily since the part of that world that you live in is the United States,"

I was replying... thank you berry much
That person you quoted sounds very wise and honorable!

Although, I don't see where he brought up anything about Iraq, Syria etc...

Old 09-27-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Uhmmm McFrostyJ, Kawena is Kanaka Maoli and im Native American, we both gave at the office and given up our birthrights, lands, culture etc for your ancestors so you can enjoy now. So don't ask us to give more when you haven't given one thing.
I was raised in a poor family. I have given my blood, sweat and tears for everything that I have and the ability to help others. Because I have worked so hard I wake up in pain and I am in pain when I try to go to sleep at night. I still work hard today for the things I want and to be able to help others. I have also given up my time to serve in the United States military so that you and others can have the freedoms we all share today.

Yet you say that I have given nothing?
LOL!!!

Old 09-27-2013, 02:12 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
I was raised in a poor family. I have given my blood, sweat and tears for everything that I have and the ability to help others. Because I have worked so hard I wake up in pain and I am in pain when I try to go to sleep at night. I still work hard today for the things I want and to be able to help others. I have also given up my time to serve in the United States military so that you and others can have the freedoms we all share today.

Yet you say that I have given nothing?
LOL!!!
Nice try frosty im talking about your comment about what are we doing? Why dont we buy land and give it to the sovereignty movement? Well we already given up our lands and the U.S didn't have to buy it either. So now you want us to buy back our lands when your ancestors never did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii