Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:28 AM

219 posts, read 570,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemosmom View Post
Thanks Konakat, and all the others who replied. At this point its definately her bed she has made to lay in. I have my own day to day problems to tend to. Its always hard to step back and watch people you love self-destruct. But this is the path she has chosen most all her life, this too will pass. Thanks again to all of you.
Thanks for the update. I agree with you 100 percent. If you keep bailing them out, they will keep coming back for more.
Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 12:35 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Hmm, usually folks trying to self-destruct to get attention do it closer to home. Running 10,000 miles away from the folks who usually save you is an odd thing. Perhaps she is thinking the "new" family will be more friendly and likely to pay attention? Or perhaps less knowledgeable about her methods? Or, perhaps, she actually thinks things will work out well by moving to Molokai with no skills, money, jobs or support? Although, apparently, she is expecting support from some of the folks there. She may have crawled into a hole that will be hard to get out of, do any of the folks who went with her have any skills or money?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:41 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
This is how people become homeless in America.

Quote:
My sister moved from Florida, pretty much with about $2000.00 to live on upon arrival with her boyfriend and toddler.
Hopefully there will be someone, or the department of human services, will be able to take care of the child.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM

28 posts, read 126,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Hmm, usually folks trying to self-destruct to get attention do it closer to home. Running 10,000 miles away from the folks who usually save you is an odd thing. Perhaps she is thinking the "new" family will be more friendly and likely to pay attention? Or perhaps less knowledgeable about her methods? Or, perhaps, she actually thinks things will work out well by moving to Molokai with no skills, money, jobs or support? Although, apparently, she is expecting support from some of the folks there. She may have crawled into a hole that will be hard to get out of, do any of the folks who went with her have any skills or money?
I think you probably touched on a few good points. Running away from debts she owes so many people, and businesses. Maybe hoping the dont know her past behavior? I understand she mainly wanted the health care they have there..but not here also. I thought it was the same all in all when your on welfare or medicade? But they have been flown to California..for free (well, of course on our tax dollars) to have dental work on the child. None of the others have skills either. The sister of her boyfriend is collecting welfare now also. Now my sister is trying to get her son (20 yrs old) to move there, and ship his car so they will have transportation. My sister nor her boyfriend have a legal Driver license. And it helps, as it did in the past, to have someone to put utilities in their name, since credit is so bad on them. They ruint her oldest daughters credit already by doing that and not paying the bills. Plus the son could work and help pay bills
Thinking about it all...kinda glad she is over on an island, so we dont have to deal with all the insane acts that she induces on herself and her children.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 AM

28 posts, read 126,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
This is how people become homeless in America.

Hopefully there will be someone, or the department of human services, will be able to take care of the child.
Exactly, she wants them to take care of the whole bunch of them.
What irks me is that its the tax payers that foot the bill for her stupidity.
They left the states, with a perfectly good paying job, insurance, and a paid for home. Just to go impose on others and cost ME the taxpayer a boat load of money for her ride to paradise. Can u imagine the world if we were all so irresponsible?? Come to think about it,,,it might not be such a bad idea, to throw it all to the wind, go live off the gov't, and live on some island of my choice....and i dont have any kids to worry about!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:03 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
I was just chatting with a friend yesterday about how these folks move over from the mainland to "live in paradise". Apparently, there are usually a lot of them hitching a ride to town out near the beginning of her subdivision. She said after awhile you get to recognize individual ones and she watches as they go downhill. They start out clean, bright and spunky looking, they usually end up looking unwashed, drab and occasionally pregnant within a year. She said she hasn't ever seen even one of them improve over time and she has been watching them for quite awhile to see if any of them ever improve.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:56 PM

664 posts, read 1,945,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemosmom View Post
Exactly, she wants them to take care of the whole bunch of them.
What irks me is that its the tax payers that foot the bill for her stupidity.
They left the states, with a perfectly good paying job, insurance, and a paid for home. Just to go impose on others and cost ME the taxpayer a boat load of money for her ride to paradise. Can u imagine the world if we were all so irresponsible?? Come to think about it,,,it might not be such a bad idea, to throw it all to the wind, go live off the gov't, and live on some island of my choice....and i dont have any kids to worry about!
But if they had such great paying jobs and a paid of homes how were they so in dept and owed so much money as your earlier posts said?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:07 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,588,653 times
A great paying job mean only that they have to work in their world thats a 4 letter word. I have a sister like this.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 PM

121 posts, read 524,349 times
A ploy many hippies (yes, they're still called hippies by the locals) use is to apply for welfare individually. This couple are not married, so do what most couples in their situation do. Each applies for welfare, not saying they are a together. Just pretend they don't even know each other. Each will get monthly cash grants, food stamps, Medicaid (that's free medical care folks) free housing if available, free dental care, free transportation in the form of bus passes (if there are buses there) and WIC coupons for the female with a child.
Then pitch a tent somewhere and live in paradise.
And who pays for all this free stuff? Why the taxpayer of course. (did you think it came from outer space?) The taxpayers who fortunately have a job, and the large and small corporations that provide jobs.
You should have known that HI is a welfare state. I've known people in HI that have been on the dole generation after generation. And as long as this type of government is in place in HI there will always be people taking advantage of the generousity of the state. I remember as far back as the early 50's hearing the same dribble coming out the mouths of liberal politicians that if you vote for me I will give you hope. Yep, hope. That's all they offer, hope. But you gotta remember that hope is always in the *future* it's never in the present! So tell your sister that there is hope. No jobs, but there is always hope.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:07 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,506,708 times
I just heard a news report today that listed Molokai as having the highest unemployment rate in Hawaii. An astonishing 37% for June!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii