Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 02:35 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,695,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Just tell them all you can afford is $25 a month, that will keep your credit intact and keep them happy.
Good idea and Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 03:51 PM

23,478 posts, read 19,172,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
He was the owner of the machine shop and had no insurance on the shop either. He never had health insurance he told me because he said he never would need it.
Talk about famous last words...really sad OP.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:25 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,695,452 times
Friend of mine when to another country to get health care and I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea.

Daanbantayan, Cebu

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-...Vacations.html

Old 12-17-2019, 09:44 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,094,889 times
Quote:
Friend of mine when to another country to get health care and I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea.

Daanbantayan, Cebu

Kind of tough when you wake up with chest pains, lol.

I knew someone who owned a home but not much else. She was in the hospital for 3 weeks while they tried to figure out what was wrong (it was her appendix). Hospital sued her and she had to pay them $25 a month.

Old 12-17-2019, 10:58 AM

3,495 posts, read 2,489,074 times
Quote:
He was the owner of the machine shop and had no insurance on the shop either. He never had health insurance he told me because he said he never would need it.
Insurance is a gambling event. The House (the insurance company) is betting that you'll live forever and never die. You (the player) are betting that you will be sick, injured, for long-term, and die before you get old.

The truth of the matter is, you will be sick, you will get injured, and you will die. Eventually, all of these things will happen to you at least once. If you think the odds are with the House, you are wrong. This is the one time when the odds are with you. It's also why it's a good idea to get insurance if you possibly can, especially if you own a business working on machines that have been known to permanently maim and even kill users.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:03 AM

15,043 posts, read 12,246,807 times
Quote:

Daanbantayan, Cebu

Real hard to do that if you have an emergency, though.....

Old 12-17-2019, 11:18 AM

15,043 posts, read 12,246,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Yes they do, but there are different types that affect different clotting factors, so the restrictions/warnings vary somewhat. Mostly warnings about bruising and serious cuts (not minor like a cat scratch ), symptoms that might suggest a cranial or spinal bleed, and letting other providers like a dentist know you take them. Haven't really noticed anything of concern yet. Like so many things they have to warn you about every possibility...the vast majority of which never occur.
And hopefully they won't. My sister has afib and takes Eloquis. She tells me that sometimes when she's gotten a pretty good scrape, or a cut it'll bleed, mostly oozing blood, for longer than one would expect normally. But when she applies pressure on the area as long as needed the bleeding stops.

Just be careful walking around in icy areas, though. My sister ( who lives in Minnesota), had a nasty fall on black ice several years ago, hit her head on the concrete, fractured her skull and had a serious brain bleed. She had a traumatic brain injury, spent a number of months between the hospital and rehab, regaining her lost skills and health. She was very lucky, she got most everything back. She never has regained her sense of smell back, but counts her blessings that there wasn't more lasting damage.

They never once suggested that even with this brain bleed she stop taking the Eloquis.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:12 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,921,982 times
Quote:
I know hospitals are not your friend when comes too money. I have a friend that had no health insurance was in the hospital for a two months and in Coma from a machine shop accident which he was hit in the head by a steel bar. His bill was 600,000 and the hospital sold everything of his to pay the bill. The only thing they couldn't sell was his house.
And we have the most wonderful health care system in the world!

Old 12-20-2019, 02:31 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,536,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
And we have the most wonderful health care system in the world!
The best money can buy!

Old 12-20-2019, 07:41 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,921,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
The best money can buy!
If one has the money! Tough luck otherwise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance