Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
For fast, fast relief, you might consider trying this:

Diet Coke and Mentos eruption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have heard that that method makes for a great enema as well.........

YC.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 10:47 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post

YC.......
Clear up to your eyeballs, and out your ears!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post

YC.......

The police in Tijuana used to use a version of that without the Mentos. They'd tie you in a chair, shake up a Coke and shoot it up your nose.

Believe me...you'll confess to anything!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM

Serious reply to the OP:

Maybe it's not in the ear canal at all. Often, what feels like a canal plug is actually a eustachian tube or middle ear problem. If feels "plugged" because the air pressure isn't equalized on both sides of the eardrum. An infection can cause this and so can irritation at the lower end of the eustachian tube.

Try popping your ears by holding your nose and blowing.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:11 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
Try placing a warm washcloth near your ear, and also try placing the washcloth on your neck directly below your ear. It may help liquify the wax.

If it continues, you might try the pharmacy. I've used Debrox with some success in the past.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM

440 posts, read 1,691,722 times
Thanks everyone. I went to 2 Doctors. The first EN & Throat doctor said it was in the eustachain tube and gave me azithromycin. It was starting to work but never really kicked it out. So since the first Doctor was not in Friday I went to another Doctor,, rather a clinic and they gave me Ceftin .. told me to take it for 10 days, 500 mg 2 x a day.. Well it isn't doing much.. It is driving me crazy, I can't get any sleep and have no appetite. My blood pressure is high because I am so upset about this...It gets somewhat better at different times of the day and then wham.. back full force.. I just can't live with this! I am thinking some crazy thoughts here...I'm about lose my mind.. Please any other suggestions????Thank you so much....

Old 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussie View Post
Thanks everyone. I went to 2 Doctors. The first EN & Throat doctor said it was in the eustachain tube and gave me azithromycin. It was starting to work but never really kicked it out. So since the first Doctor was not in Friday I went to another Doctor,, rather a clinic and they gave me Ceftin .. told me to take it for 10 days, 500 mg 2 x a day.. Well it isn't doing much.. It is driving me crazy, I can't get any sleep and have no appetite. My blood pressure is high because I am so upset about this...It gets somewhat better at different times of the day and then wham.. back full force.. I just can't live with this! I am thinking some crazy thoughts here...I'm about lose my mind.. Please any other suggestions????Thank you so much....

Have you tried popping your ears? Someone sent gave a rep which indicated they thought it was funny when I said that before, so maybe you did too.

I assure you, I'm quite serious.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Thanks just did it and it did nothing.. I am at my wits end.. Maybe I am the only one that can't deal with this.. I just can not live with this much longer, I am 57......I am so depressed and I am taking care of my 74 year old husband that is seriously ill with a spine problem.. Having to drive him to spinal injections and other treatments.. I don't even like to drive with this.. I just am not thinking clearly!!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:34 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
You started one antibiotic some time after the 25th...so let's just say you tried it the 27th. That would've been Wednesday. That means you gave THAT antibiotic only 2 days to do anything. And then, you went to another doctor, who took you OFF that antibiotic, and ON another one..on Friday. And now it's Monday, and you say, not even 3 full days later, that it's not doing anything.

You didn't give the first one enough time to produce results. And then, you didn't give the second one enough time to produce results. Frankly I'm surprised the second doctor and the first doctor didn't consult with each other before you were told to switch medications. That's pretty irresponsible on the second doctor's part. It's also VERY irresponsible on yours.

When a doctor says "take this for 10 days" then take it for 10 days. Don't quit after 2 and decide it's not working. Especially with antibiotics. That's just asking for an infection that resists antibiotics. And then, you end up deaf.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 PM

I appreciate what you said. I took the z-pack 2 on Tuesday, and then 1 on Wed.. 1 on Thursday, took 2 on Friday.. I was just nervous that it just wasn't working.. So that is when I went to the other Doctor on Sat...so I would have something over the weekend...I understand what you are saying...I will stick to the ten day regimen this time...although this Ceftin is really making me feel crappy, and the ear is still bad.. I just don't understand why different times of the day it feels worse..then it feels better and I am so relieved only to find it starts going downhill just when I think I have this licked!!!!Thanks for your concern....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness