Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:38 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Drink at least a quart of apple juice in the evening, it will talk to you by mid morning.
LOL ! I just had this * visual * of what happens after you drink a QUART of apple juice.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 11:41 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
LOL ! I just had this * visual * of what happens after you drink a QUART of apple juice.....
LOL, you're welcome!!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:28 PM

325 posts, read 1,020,316 times
Default Constipation

I had a bad fissure so I had to make extra sure to eat healthy. I found that Gluten Free along with lots of water and fruits and veggies stopped constipation for me. Here is a blog has tons of information with Smoothie recipes that really help me to go to the bathroom. For me, the smoothie and water are the best because the recipes have so much hidden fiber that really help. Stop Constipation

Old 05-02-2011, 05:26 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,688 times
Pineapple & low sugar fruits work well.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,915 times
wow this thread is so old. Hope OP has had relief

Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
I read through this entire thread and no one mentioned Metamucil. I know OP said fruit yet in another one she said or anything else. So, I am suggesting Metamucil. It seriously works, but you must drink a lot of water with it. Mix it in a large glass of water, and make sure you drink at least 2-3 more large glasses after that.

LOL and like ^^^ said, I sure hope OP has had relief by now!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
I read through this entire thread and no one mentioned Metamucil. I know OP said fruit yet in another one she said or anything else. So, I am suggesting Metamucil. It seriously works, but you must drink a lot of water with it. Mix it in a large glass of water, and make sure you drink at least 2-3 more large glasses after that.

LOL and like ^^^ said, I sure hope OP has had relief by now!
Hi Garden of Eden !

Oh yes, things are moving along much better. It had something to do with the High Blood Pressure Medicine that was taking all the water out of my body to reduce fluids...

Old 05-03-2011, 07:21 PM

325 posts, read 1,020,316 times
I agree too that Metamucil (Psyllium Fiber or Inulin Fiber) works really good. I recently started adding the Inulin Clear Fiber to my water mixed with a little fruit juice and my hot chocolate in the morning. I use the psyllium fiber in my fruit smoothie for lunch. Like the others said, make sure you drink lots of fluids with it or you will have worse troubles.

So glad you are better. I reserected the old thread because it was a great questions that others would need to know. I had no idea you would be back to see it. I hope you will still eat healthy. Eating lots more fruits and veggies than you think you need is just plain good for you and should help with blood pressure too.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Someone who knows I have suffered from this problem has sent me to this thread:

I eat one (or 2) apple every day, I eat a carrot every day, I eat salad, I walk at least 14 miles a week, every speck of grain that goes into my body is whole grain, I drink 50-60 oz of water a day. But I have had trouble with constipation my entire life.

Then a co worker gave me this tip: Prune Juice and Orange Juice, (half and half) warmed up and drink right down, once a day. It's a 'miracle cure', at least, it has been for me.

(and it doesn't taste bad, either, kind of sweet)

PS Grapes are the worst, a cup of grapes can block me up for 2 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness