Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 12:57 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post

Unless you have a roommate that gets in any of your adult toys, or uses your clothing/towels/washcloths.
That's even grosser than getting it from the bf! Yuck...
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 01:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this so if it needs to be moved, please move.

STD's completely baffle me and I am convinced there is another way to get them besides just sex. 6 months ago I was diagnosed with chlamydia. My boyfriend and I both got treated and re-tested. Both came back negative.

I have been diagnosed again now with chlamydia and gonorrhea. I have been faithful and I believe he also has. Yes he could have cheated on me but I see him everyday. I essentially "live with him" even though I have my own place. If he IS cheating then it's during the 2 hour period where he is home from work alone in the house and I'm still @ work.

He also could have been lying and said his test came back negative but again I do not think he is lying.

My question is...though not proven, does anyone feel there is another way to catch std's besdies intercourse? I have been reading up on this and I find many stories like mine. I feel doctors don't know as much as they think they do and just because another way hasn't been proven doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I haven't told my boyf about my re-infection yet and I know I need to but right now I feel there are too many variables for me to chalk it up to him cheating...false test results exist...as well as the fact that the dr who test me was a nurse practitioner not a real doctor. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on how they feel.

Thanks! Insight is appreciated.
Some people have sex while at work. Imagine that. Some people even take a vacation day and don't tell anyone about that including their SO. Some of those people that take those days off spend that time with someone else.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,540 times
6 month ago you were diagnosed with chlamydia and your boyfriend too..you were both treated,you say...everything negative...you have now again chlamydia and gonorhea...and you " are convinced,there is another way to get them!!!"...

my advice:1. grew up (stop believe in stories...chalmydia and especially gonorhea are heavy sexual transmitted diseases.... SEXUAL,get it??SEXUAL...does it tell you something???...they get transmited sexual!!!!!!)..you do not get ghonorhea or chlamydia from toys or towels...or so on...NO WAY!!!!stop finding excuses for him being unfaithful to you and have the nerve to reinfect you again!!
2.get better informed...knowledge is power..go to library,google internet.....and so on...there is no place of being naive hier..you risk your own health and you can do a lot of damage...wake up finally,before you get HIV!!!

3.face the reality,DO NOT LIVE IN DENIAL!!!!...your "great"bf could have been treated same time with you and later got reinfected from the same partner (not you obvious!!i wonder,why is it not clear to you????)he infected him before!!!..or what about prostitutes????bisexuality????you should not put your hand in fire for anybody

your health comes first and if he has no respect for you and expose you to such diseases,my dear,there is only one answer:RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!.....his environments seem to be very bad....very low level....you are talking heavy std's...

Last edited by Buburuza13; 03-31-2011 at 01:42 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 02:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Unlike Hepatitis C and HIV, chlamydia and gonorrhea are "true" STI's. They are transmitted exclusively through sexual contact. They are also usually transmitted together, as co-infection increases the transmission rate. If you were negative six months ago, and now have both chlamydia and gonorrhea, it is because you contracted them through sexual contact. People have sex at work all the time. You need to get over your denial and stop blaming your health care provider, or next time you might end up with something more permanent and serious.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:10 PM

I like the story I hear about the many men that are amazed that they can still get their wives pregnant after having a vasectomy. We have heard about that happening in the Labor and Delivery department. Apparently the body rebuilds itself and everything reconnects. Kind of like this story about getting an STD without contact from additional sexual partners.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:31 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I like the story I hear about the many men that are amazed that they can still get their wives pregnant after having a vasectomy. We have heard about that happening in the Labor and Delivery department. Apparently the body rebuilds itself and everything reconnects. Kind of like this story about getting an STD without contact from additional sexual partners.
I have heard those stories a lot. "I hit my head yesterday and now my penis is leaking pus. It must be from when I hit my head because I haven't has sex with anyone!"

Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
Men actually can impregnate their partners after getting a vasectomy. Its actually pretty well documented in the medical community. And I had a friend who impregnated his wife after a vasectomy. He has to get the surgery again.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Sorry girl, he is cheating on you. Dump him and don't tell him why. He can figure it out.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:12 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Unlike Hepatitis C and HIV, chlamydia and gonorrhea are "true" STI's. They are transmitted exclusively through sexual contact. They are also usually transmitted together, as co-infection increases the transmission rate. If you were negative six months ago, and now have both chlamydia and gonorrhea, it is because you contracted them through sexual contact. People have sex at work all the time. You need to get over your denial and stop blaming your health care provider, or next time you might end up with something more permanent and serious.
absolutly 100% agree with above.

now i will say i know someone who had an std, thought it was cleared up completly only to have a flare up a few months later...
but in this case, it doesnt sound like thats the problem...first off one of you would have had to have it in the first place to catch it...secondly, your new infction includes not only the origional std, but a lovely buddy now too....
if this was a simple flare up (not cleared up) you would have tested positive for BOTH origionally...not just the one...

your not being truthfull to yourself here, you KNOW your bf is cheating (either that or you are) and you dont want to admit it to yourself so your trying to put the blame on the dr, medical science, ecerybody BUT the guilty party.

if you are ok living in denial, refusing to accept that someones not being faithfull or truthfull and willing to put up with that, get yourself treated and INSIST on using condoms...
however i cant imagine anyone wanting to live that way...

its easy to call out of work, take an extended lunch ect...
dont fool yourself.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Men actually can impregnate their partners after getting a vasectomy. Its actually pretty well documented in the medical community. And I had a friend who impregnated his wife after a vasectomy. He has to get the surgery again.
Your Doctor will tell you to wait at least 60 days before having sex with your wife. They will also test your sperm to make sure that the procedure was a success after the 60 day period. Many people just don't wait and guess what, they get their wife pregnant. Or they decide that it is too much trouble to go back and retest. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness