Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:36 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,999,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The first thing you need to do is get fitted for bras by someone who knows how to do it. Go to a major department store with a large lingerie department. They usually have trained personnel to help you.

It goes without saying that if you do not want to look like a hooker, do not dress like one. See here (you may not like the actual garments, but pay attention to the principles):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dU64...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ28E5MKSbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB7Ig...eature=related

Women's Fashion Tips for Big Busts: Dress, Top, Jacket, Swimwear and Bra Styles for Your Body Shape

This company is British, but it gives you an idea what to look for in swimwear:

Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for D-KK cup women

The women I know who have had reductions were overall satisfied with their procedures. Not being able to exclusively breast feed can be a problem. However, many women who have never had breast surgery can have problems nursing, too. Another problem is that some women have breast enlargement with pregnancy that persists after delivery. One option would be to delay the surgery until after child bearing is complete. Only you can tell whether that is an option for you personally.
Hey- that's true about waiting until after you have children. My sister's chest used to be HUGE, but she has shrank two cup sizes since having her twins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
I have a similar body type, OP. I think what helps me is exercising my back muscles. I have made a thread about it one time on the Exercise forum and people had some helpful suggestions.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/exerc...your-back.html

Old 03-25-2011, 07:12 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Right there with you OP!

I'm not nearly as petite as you are (I'm between 5'3 and 5'4 and I weigh 151) but I wear a 36D or 36DD...I actually need a 34DD but it is so rare to find that size.

I have the dents in my shoulders, can't stand spending $30-$40 on a bra just so it fits and I'm tired of having white, beige or black as my only color choices.

I've had children and breastfed all of them and my breasts didn't change much. They drop a bit more than they used to but they are still very full. I am working on losing weight but I know the boobs won't change much...I've always been this large, even when I was thinner.

Now, my issue is I REALLY need a tummy tuck too! The more weight I lose, the worse my tummy looks "below the belt". I would give anything to get rid of the extra skin there! BUT...I'm not sure I can afford both the tummy tuck AND the breast lift/reduction.

I also worry that there will be no sensation. I'm not sure how they do a reduction but for a lift/reduction they basically cut your areola and nipple off and then make an incision from the center of the breast and down, they remove excess skin/tissue, reduce the areola to be proportionate with the new breast size and then reattach it. I do NOT want to lose sensation in my nipples...so I'm not sure I would go through with it.

I have more of an hourglass shape so fortunately they balance me and don't look too out of place, but it doesn't stop the comments...and more often than not, when a man talks to me he is looking at my boobs! I don't think they even realize they do it but sheesh!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Not arguing for either point, just as info: K-Mart makes a Pink K bra that is just about identical to the Bali bra I used to wear. It is $7.99, underwire, lacy, and comes in sizes up to 46DD; white, beige, pink, chocolate colors. I think it does a good job of support; I wore them before my gastric bypass (which didn't do anything for that area!) and I still wear them.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
I've been daydreaming about the day where nasty jokes about my boobs will stop such as : " your boobs constitue 50% of your weight" " You will never be able to drown , your boobs will keep you floating" ect.. and I want that day to be NOW

I'm 24, 110 lbs, 5"3 and I'm TIRED of my size D boobs! I know some people would probably laugh at me thinking some women would kill for them but NOT ME!

I would say that my reason for wanting breast reduction is more a self image issue than medical. I'm tired of spending forever to find "the right bra", tired of not having anything fit properly, tired of being looked at like I'm a hooker, tired of avoiding going to the beach because they make my body look disproportionated, tired of feeling this constant heavy weight on my chest when I'm working out and so much more!

I'm sorry for ranting so much but I'm miserable! My husband is very supportive but I'm worrying about some of the complications such as loss of sensation in the nipple and the inability to breastfeed. I don't have any kids yet but I might want them in the future and I would like to breastfeed.
I want to drop from 2 sizes only (from D to B) do you think that will affect my ability to breastfeed since they won't be taking out much? Should I go for it or endure the pain of hiding my body until I decide to have a kid?

Any feedbacks from anyone out there who had breasts reduction would be appreciated..especially those who did it for self image issue! Thank you
The largest post on CD about breast reduction is- Big Boobs are a Pain!

Read through it; lots of information; links.

Those that want cute bras- Victorias Secret makes larger sizes.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:48 PM

42 posts, read 122,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Reduction isn't as uncommon as one would think... men also have it done.

It is a personal decision for sure.

Women that have had it done for the most part would do it again.

Lots of factors to consider... also, you want someone that has done the procedure many times with an outstanding track record at a facility where the procedure is routine.

The number one non-medical reason I hear is large breast are an impediment to living life they way they desire.

Remember, if you have any doubts, always get a second opinion... no sense rushing elective surgery without a full understanding of the pros and cons.

If you have the chance, try and talk to women that have had the procedure.

Good Luck and whatever you do, don't do anything you are not comfortable.

Your body, your decision.

Very important point! Thank you

Old 03-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The first thing you need to do is get fitted for bras by someone who knows how to do it. Go to a major department store with a large lingerie department. They usually have trained personnel to help you.

It goes without saying that if you do not want to look like a hooker, do not dress like one. See here (you may not like the actual garments, but pay attention to the principles):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dU64...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ28E5MKSbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB7Ig...eature=related

Women's Fashion Tips for Big Busts: Dress, Top, Jacket, Swimwear and Bra Styles for Your Body Shape

This company is British, but it gives you an idea what to look for in swimwear:

Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for D-KK cup women

The women I know who have had reductions were overall satisfied with their procedures. Not being able to exclusively breast feed can be a problem. However, many women who have never had breast surgery can have problems nursing, too. Another problem is that some women have breast enlargement with pregnancy that persists after delivery. One option would be to delay the surgery until after child bearing is complete. Only you can tell whether that is an option for you personally.
Wow very informative videos! Thank you so much! Very needed

Old 03-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Hey- that's true about waiting until after you have children. My sister's chest used to be HUGE, but she has shrank two cup sizes since having her twins.
Really? How? By breastfeeding?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:11 PM

@ Max's Mama: Thank you! I'll check it out. I exercise but never my back muscles.

@Justthe6ofus: I worry about the loosing sensation too , but most importantly about not being able to breasfeed. I'm still weighing whether or not to wait after having kids ( which is not someting planned yet) so we'll see. You're lucky you have such a nice shape! My hips are not that wide to make up for my big boobs but once they'll get reduced to a B , my body will be prefect!

@SouthernbelleinUtah: Really? I didn't know that. K-mart here I come!

@Roselvr: Thank you

Thank you for all of your answers! I really appreciate that

Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,999,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
Really? How? By breastfeeding?
No. She couldn't breast feed both the twins. There wasn't enough milk. (She also didn't have enough milk for the single first child she had either). Her body just changed. Fat distribution and all I guess. She used to be a 34DD and now wears a 34C. Weird, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness