Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 12,463 times

Advertisements

I am 27yrs old.. I am planning for second baby.. but i got periods on Jan 3rd ie 7days early.. again on Jan 11th got my another periods for just one day.. When i will ovulate? or is this any problem of irregular periods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 05:41 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Do a pregnancy test.

And it is best to post your question in just one thread.

A mod may want to move this one to the pregnancy sub-forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
An occasional period that is a bit different from what you normally expect is nothing to worry about. Just an ovarian hiccup, so to speak, most likely.

Women tend to have irregular periods in the cycles right after they begin having periods and in the years before menopause for the same reason: ovulation does not happen.

For teens, the periods can sometimes be heavy, though cycles in which you do not ovulate are more likely to be less crampy. As the system matures, the interval from the beginning of one period to the beginning of the next period becomes more regular and the periods themselves sometimes more painful.

For women nearing menopause, skipped ovulation is related to aging of the eggs still present. You are born with all the eggs you will ever have, and many of them disintegrate without ever having an opportunity to ovulate. The eggs which are more sensitive to hormone stimulation get used first. The remaining ones sometimes ovulate, but the production of estrogen and progesterone is not what it used to be. Progesterone poops out earlier in the cycle, and the interval from beginning to beginning gets shorter. Eventually, all the eggs are used up and periods stop altogether.

If you are using any hormonal method of birth control or an IUD, the periods may change depending on the method.

If you are not using a hormonal method of birth control, an IUD, or any method of birth control, a period that seems different may actually be pregnancy related, and a test would not be a bad idea. A pregnancy test might also be a good idea if you are using a method of birth control but had a problem, such as missed birth control pills. Any woman who has sex is at risk to get pregnant. Any method can fail. Know your method and know when to test for pregnancy. When in doubt, test.

Most doctors are not going to suggest birth control pills for someone who does not need contraception just on the basis of one or two slightly irregular periods. But if the periods are less than about 23 or 24 days from beginning to beginning or the flow is heavy or prolonged or painful, hormonal treatment can provide relief and is a very low risk option. On the other hand, if the periods are further apart, say over about 35 days, abnormalities of the uterine lining can develop.

If you want to know whether you are ovulating, there is a simple, inexpensive way to tell. Take your temperature. Use a digital thermometer and take it as soon as you wake up. This is your basal body temperature, the lowest it will be during the day in the absence of an illness causing a fever. As soon as you get up and move around, it will go up a little. The progesterone produced after ovulation causes a rise in basal body temperature, often just about one degree Fahrenheit.

You can keep a record like this one:

http://assets.babycenter.com/ims/Con...mple_chart.pdf

There are day to day fluctuations, sometimes a little dip in the temp, then the rise which lasts until the period begins, usually fourteen days in a 28 day cycle. If a pregnancy occurs, the temp stays up, the period is missed, and a pregnancy test is in order.

Young women with heavy, crampy periods should see a doctor. Heavy flow can cause anemia and painful periods can be a symptom of a condition called endometriosis.

Older women with prolonged bleeding can also become anemic, and the risk is greater that something non-hormonal is going on, including fibroids or even pre-cancers or cancers of the uterine lining.

Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to skip periods, and they, too, are at risk for abnormalities of the uterine lining. Women with PCO also have other metabolic issues that need to be addressed, and most gynecologists can do it quite well.

All women should get in the habit of recording their periods every month. I'm sure there's an app for that now, but a simple pocket calendar will also do the trick.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:51 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Call your gynocolegist. You may need a D&C, I am 40 and had to have one last year because my periods were very heavy and lasting for weeks. since then and the fact that I lost weight the problem has corrected itself.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:09 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaju View Post
I am 27yrs old.. I am planning for second baby.. but i got periods on Jan 3rd ie 7days early.. again on Jan 11th got my another periods for just one day.. When i will ovulate? or is this any problem of irregular periods?
How often does this happen? Did you recently go off the Pill? the one day bleed could be implantation bleeding.

the period you had on the third..was it normal is length and flow?

It's a bit soon to think about a D & C

A woman at age 40 having these issues is a lot different than a woman of 27. The 40 yr old is going thru perimenopause ( usually) and a D & C is always a last resort. And once your hormones are back on track, you will lose weight.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:52 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Definitely talk to your doctor. People on a forum are not going to be able to diagnose you.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 12,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
How often does this happen? Did you recently go off the Pill? the one day bleed could be implantation bleeding.

the period you had on the third..was it normal is length and flow?

It's a bit soon to think about a D & C

A woman at age 40 having these issues is a lot different than a woman of 27. The 40 yr old is going thru perimenopause ( usually) and a D & C is always a last resort. And once your hormones are back on track, you will lose weight.

This happens the first time.. I didn't use any pill.. I had very little bleeding .. and the next 2 days very few spotting..

I bought pregnancy test strip too.. when should i test for the correct result? Because Feb 2nd I am alone going to My native country and will return 6m later.. I thought to get pregnant before but i am little disappointed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness