Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:15 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times

Advertisements

jessaka wrote:
they don't trust an herbal or vitamin, etc. remedy
That's because big pharma, the AMA, and their mainstream news buddies have an agenda to make herbs and vitamins look like snake oil. Obviously their smear campaign is very successful, because most people are more willing to take a poisionous pharmaceutical drug before they will take an herb that has been helping people for hundreds of years. Most people will consider taking an herb only after they discover that the miracle drug made them sicker instead of better.

blessings....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 12:45 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post

I had Epstein Barr and Fibromylagia. I was so tired and achy I couldn't function. The doctors couldn't help me. A scientist friend gave me an article on it, and I began juicing with 7 carrots, 1 rib of celery, 1 clove of garlic, and a few sprigs of parsley. Within a week my energy level rose, and within a couple of months I was well. It also cured my high blood pressure.

Jessaka, when you say "1 rib of celery" are you referring to 1 stalk? Or 1 bunch?
I make fresh juices daily, mostly fruit, but now and then make some fabulous veggie juices. They come out tasting like lemon.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
No, you don't need a doctor...
...unless you're sick.

IMO, you're really doing a disservice by spreading this hokey pseudo-scientific nonsense around.
The medical community is doing a great disservice to their patients when all they do is prescribe toxic pills to their patients and tell them they must take them for life.
Don't be a sheeple, take charge of your life and do alot of research.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 AM

PinkString wrote:
Don't be a sheeple, take charge of your life and do alot of research.
You just summed up the main point of this entire thread! Thank you.

blessings...Franco

Old 09-13-2007, 11:49 PM

You are welcome.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:27 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
PinkString,

I get confused about what to call a piece of celery. I call the entire thing a stalk or a bunch. I call taking one piece off of it a rib. I don't know if I am correct or not. Of course 2 ribs may be better. I had read in my juice book that my recipe was for my immune system. Maybe you know what to call celery.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:40 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Well, I have to oppose. I work for a drs office, and yes, the drs need you. They need to get paid.

But. There are some pretty young people out there with cancer and all sorts of other things that would go untreated, not found, without the physician, or the technical machinary of the hospitals.

Me for example. My RA. It was bad. Now, I have made some life changes, and i would like to tell you, it is so much better. I do still need to take meds for it, so that I do not cripple up. My joints are much better, I have been taken off of some of the meds, I eat differently which helps tremendously.

I do have to have labwork done trimonthly to make sure some of the meds I am on are not affecting my organs.

Epilepsy. Dont go to a dr? I dont think so. For a person with Grand Mal, they are calling it Clonic Tonic these days. Dont take your meds? Go around seizing every day, all day? Cant work, take care of yourself, your kids?

What kind of life would that be?

No, I have to see a dr for that.

Flip it.

There are so many common diseases out there that are preventable, hypertension, diabetes, things like that. But you have to do the things to prevent them. You can't get into a state where you are all of a sudden in uncontrolled HTN or DM and think you can do something without a drs care. yes, they will try change in diet and exercise, but if you are out of controll, something has to be done right away.

For the diabetics who dont take care of themselves.....go ahead, keep it up. Want to keep your legs? I have seen so many diabetics lose their legs, and it is so sad. Just because they are non compliant.

AIDS. Is there a cure? No...can a patient take vitamins off the shelf? I have no idea. We have a few patients with it, and they are on coctails, and are living well. If they weren't taking those meds, I dont know.

The list goes on. Yes. Do something right now so you dont need the dr. But DO get that annual physical. Just like you maintain your car, maintain your body!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:00 AM

520 posts, read 1,853,797 times
Don't take this the wrong way... I'm just curious... not trying to judge. Are there any scientific studies on these homeopathic or herbs/vitamins? The problem I have is that all the evidence you guys present is anecdotal. Just because you got better or felt better doesn't mean that the herbs and vitamins cured anything.

My mom took me to a homeopathic doctor when I was in fourth or fifth grade. He told me that green was my power color and I should wear a jasper pendant. He also told me some things to avoid... primarily dairy products. That did help out with my congestion problems. The rest though.... green power color? Sounds a little nutty!

Old 09-14-2007, 10:22 AM

WeeMadArthur

Did you experiment with using green as your power color, or did you simply dismiss it as nonsense becasue it seemed weird to you?

IMO we give way too much credibility to Science. The outcome of ANY & EVERY scientific experiment is influenced by the beliefs, attitudes, and life experiences of those who conduct the experiment. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, it's just the way it is! There is no such thing as absolute objectivity. Anyone who says otherwise is an outright liar.

IMO, we don not give enough credibility to anecdotal evidence. To me, a persons ( especially if it is someone I know personally ) real life experience, carries far more credibility than a scientific experiment conducted under conditions removed from reality.

Science of course has it's place, but to only believe and trust that which has been scientifically validated is to miss out on many good things that life has to offer. IMO it's an extremely limited way to live ones life.

WeeMadArthur wrote: Just because you got better or felt better doesn't mean that the herbs and vitamins cured anything.

I got to agree with you there. Natural Herbs and vitamins like toxic pharmaceutical drugs don't cure anything. They mostly work at alleviating symptoms, though herbs actually do correct some of the physical level imbalances. To get to the root of the dis-ease, the emotional cause of the symptoms has to be addressed. Only then can a real cure take place. Even herbs and viatmins won't take care of the emotional part. BUT, at least they won't add more toxicity to your system like a pharmaceutical drug will. Even IF that drug seems to be helping you, it is nonetheless adding TOXINS to your system, which will need to be cleansed from your system at some point in time in order to be truly healthy.

blessings...Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 09-14-2007 at 10:34 AM..

Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,833 times
I thank you for posting this! It is truly amazing what natural and alternative types of medical treatments can do. I'm also lucky to have found a medical doctor who is willing to try both approaches - gosh I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon.

One book I recommend highly is "How to Have a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor" - by Dr. Mendelsohn. It is a bit dated in some aspects, but there is so much good information in there - makes you look at routine and sick care for children completely differently.

My mom always has used vitamins, chiropractic, and diet as complementary treatment to her asthma and allergies. That is what started my research into a more natural way of maintaining my health.

Then my brother spent a year in Germany in the 1990s as an exchange student, and his host family turned out to be with a homeopathic physician. Over there, classical homeopathy is a very respected healing profession and my brother came home with a new respect for alternative healing methods.

My older son is on the autism spectrum, and visiting a DAN! doctor who prescribed lots of supplements has helped him more than the harsh meds we had tried in the past. I also had an all-natural pregnancy with #3 free of medical interventions and then had a homebirth - it was absolutely the most wonderful thing I could have done. I also breastfeed much longer than is the "norm" here in the US, it is so wonderful for their little immune systems.

Lastly, a few years ago I tested positive for HPV and had cervical changes noted. I did not want the docs scraping around and burning/freezing my cervix, as we wanted to have one more child. I consulted a respected local naturopath who prescribed various natural treatments to bolster my immune system. I have continued these treatments and cut all the junk out of my diet and I feel better and more active now at 35 than I did at 20...and my Paps are completely normal

Of course I would consult mainstream medicine if I had epilepsy or cancer. But I would see my alternative health practitioners for cooperative care too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness