Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Come on folks, let's start trusting our own experience and intuition.
Oh, I agree!

Thank goodness for trusting my own personal experience and going by my intuition. Because you see that IS exactly what I have done.
I did not need the FDA, or anyone else to "guide" my intuition.

With that said, I had severe adverse reactions to using Splenda, Aspartame, and any of the other crap artificial sweeteners on the market.
*I always suspected stevia would follow in that list*.

Come on folks. I think we can all make up our own minds. I certainly have and I know of many others that feel the same way I do.

It's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM

233 posts, read 751,664 times
the fda will shoot down all natural foods. they took ephedra off the market because people died from it. now stevia they warn of it. but, aspartame, high frutose corn syrup, and other extcito toxins still float. bogus!
while msg, has been known to bring the same effects, and mad cow disease in people... what they are doing is laughable.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Don't trust anything (if not everything) that the FDA says.
Look how many have died by the stuff they have approved.
I will continue to use stevia also.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:34 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Franco, I was being sarcastic. There's ample evidence that synthetic sweeteners harm our bodies, yet the FDA approves them and comes down on stevia? Yeah, that makes sense ... not ...

Apparently the FDA also believes a little irony is good for our blood. LOL.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,051 times
Yeah, right. The FDA is merely concerned that stevia products will be cutting into the aspartame/Splenda market share.

On a lighter note, I also love agave (especially the blue agave) and xylitol for sweetening.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
Related, but on a slightly different note, click here to learn about the latest consumer protection ploy of the FDA. This is sure to keep the masses safe and healthy. The FDA is doing one heck of a job, by George!

Besure to read the article below the cartoon.

blessings...Franco

Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 PM

Lightbulb The article in not just about the FDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Related, but on a slightly different note, click here to learn about the latest consumer protection ploy of the FDA. This is sure to keep the masses safe and healthy. The FDA is doing one heck of a job, by George!

Besure to read the article below the cartoon.

blessings...Franco

IMO, the link is full of paranoia.
I've never really paid much attention to the radical types.

My point is if a person such as myself, experienced a negative reaction to any kind of a food product such as the sweeteners I have listed above...I would think speaks volumes.
Not everyone bases their views on paranoid, radical assumptions.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:06 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
city...interesting viewpoint. I never considered Mike Adams to be a radical type. He comes across to me as one of the sanest individuals writing about these issues. I guess we all see things in our own way. Whatever makes sense, eh? His articles seem to resonate very smoothly with me. I tremendously appreciate his website. Just about everything he writes rings true for me. If you knew me personally you'd hardly be inclined to call me a radical. ( just covering my bases in case you jumped to that conclusion because I have posted links to so many of his articles. )

blessings...Franco

Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 PM

NAR, I totally agree it is whatever makes sense to an individual.
That is a true statement.
I didn't post this to slam the FDA and get a huge hoopla going.
I am not saying the FDA is right or wrong.
In my instance I am going on personal experience only.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:27 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
Yeah, right. The FDA is merely concerned that stevia products will be cutting into the aspartame/Splenda market share.

On a lighter note, I also love agave (especially the blue agave) and xylitol for sweetening.
I love agave!!!! Unfortunately my son is allergic to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness