Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 06:12 AM

741 posts, read 1,752,683 times

Advertisements

Please advice what are the advantages of Organic Milk? I am wondering if it is really worth it to buy compared to Regular Milk. Organic Milk do not seem to be cost effective but I am considering buying it if
Organic milk really has more advantages compared to regular milk sold in the Grocery stores.

Also is there any evidence if the Organic Milk enables weight loss compared to regular milk?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
Try unflavored spy milk instead! More calcium than cow's milk, comes in both organic and regular. I can't speak to the organic aspect.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,712 times
The consumption of products from less abused animals produces better results in terms of both taste and quality. Also, the consumption of less chemicals the better. No one really knows what the additive effects are, if there are any, of consuming low level pesticide/preservative laced food over the course of many years.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:03 AM

917 posts, read 2,005,790 times
Organic doesn't have those hormones in it and taste better IMO. I dont drink milk but I would choose organic.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:26 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
A while ago I read a list of those things that organic makes a huge difference and milk was one of the top ten. No hormones or antibiotics.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-15-2013, 03:35 PM

415 posts, read 764,961 times
yep, I try buy Organic when ever I can, now if we could get the Dye-food coloring out of Kraft Mac n cheese ....do what I can for my kids..

Old 08-15-2013, 04:00 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,107,777 times
Ever since I was a kid, I have eaten cereal and milk for breakfast most of the time when I am at home. Quite a few years ago I had to stop the practice since I was getting an odd taste in my mouth afterwards. I wasn't getting sick, it was just a foul taste, which I remedied by eating some chocolate candy. I switched to organic milk and the bad taste in my mouth went away. When I drink organic milk plain, it tastes much fresher than the chemical laden variety. They say there is no difference, but no one will ever convince me of that. I find it disgusting that we consumers have to pay extra to keep harmful hormones and chemicals out of our food.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
yep, I try buy Organic when ever I can, now if we could get the Dye-food coloring out of Kraft Mac n cheese ....do what I can for my kids..
Try San Francisco Herb Company, I think they sell the powdered white cheese, just mix it up the same way with pasta. I'm pretty sure a few other companies sell that too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-16-2013, 08:40 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,050,766 times
I buy it because the expiration date is way farther in the future than regular milk, and because it's purer.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
Please advice what are the advantages of Organic Milk? I am wondering if it is really worth it to buy compared to Regular Milk. Organic Milk do not seem to be cost effective but I am considering buying it if
Organic milk really has more advantages compared to regular milk sold in the Grocery stores.

Also is there any evidence if the Organic Milk enables weight loss compared to regular milk?

Thanks!
One advantage of organic milk is that it helps you get rid of all that pesky extra money you have laying around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness