Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:24 PM

115 posts, read 120,332 times

Advertisements

This thread is very enlightening.

Surely no one has found the real answer to the OP's question.

However, we found out one undeniable truth in this thread.

That truth is what follows.

Women will complain needlessly about anything. Even though a man may take 20 minutes in the bathroom doing #2, it still doesn't equate to thousands of hours men have to waste in a lifetime for women being in the bathroom getting ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 12:39 PM

744 posts, read 1,091,788 times
Because we have to squeeze out huger turds and the toilet is our throne/reading room.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:12 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Men don't have anyone standing in front of them needing something, right that second. The last time I went to the bathroom alone, I was at work. At home, it was probably 30 years ago.
Well, having children, I have lamented that I haven't had a private cr*p in at least 7 years. "Mooooooommy, are you pooooooooping" coming from the other side of the door, while the in-laws are in the next room. Classic.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:14 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
A funny, but somewhat distasteful topic. However it's one that has always bugged me.

I've been married to my husband for 10 years. We're pretty open with each other about many things including bodily functions. We're no stranger to poop humor, and while we're not gross about it, we've also never saw the point to go to any great lengths to hide when we poop from each other. So therefore, the topic that follows:

I can feel the "urge" to poop and be in and out including wiping, washing, etc in under 5 minutes max, usually more like 2-3. He takes 10 to 20. I ask him what takes so long, and he always just says "I dunno, that's just how long it takes". There's nothing wrong with his bowels as far as I know, he's not constipated, and as far as overall number of times we each "go" it's probably about the same, about once a day. The only thing he has ever said is that it takes himself longer to wipe clean than I spend in the bathroom altogether.

It could be a fiber/dietary thing, but honestly, we seem to more or less eat the same foods at home.

What do men do in there?? Previous men I dated seemed the same way from what I could tell.
This is not true of men in general. It rarely takes me long, but it takes my wife much, much longer. Your husband may have a physical problem, lack of fiber or dehydration. Has should talk to a doctor about it and perhaps have a colonoscopy to verify if there are any physical problems.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,773,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCatarre View Post
Are there any magazines in the toilet? Being in the toilet with a book or a magazine is a thing most men surely enjoy. I speak from experience.
Just make sure it isn't a girly magazine or it will take much longer.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,773,252 times
I may have the answer. The inside of women is larger than a mans because she has to bear children. And that is why men expel gas more frequently as we know from the complaints of women. Gas doesn't bother women as much because she has larger insides.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:03 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
lol, I think they just like to read, finish what they are reading, yes the one poster said to get away from spouse, maybe kids who knows, their quiet time.

BTW I have no kids so one is not larger than the other

Next time you want some peace go into the bathroom, I have done it, especially when there are a lot of people in the house I need to get away from, I sit on the chair or floor, you'll find there may be a knock or holler of concern, make up something

Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,362 times
Try squatting. It takes me less than 1 min to go # 2.

Nature's Platform

Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,754,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Men take their time. Women push it along. I'll bet that's why a greater percentage of women have hemorrhoids.

I have noticed that men are shy about it. They'll go to the bathroom at the farthest side of the house. They make sure they go at a certain time at home because they don't want to be stuck at work or somewhere else needing to use a public restroom. They'll go #1 in a public restroom but not #2 unless it's an emergency. And they'll do whatever it takes to avoid that emergency so they will sit on the toilet even when they don't have to go just hoping that something happens.
I usually try and save mine for work hours. It helps the day pass a little better. Often times they are epic so that does play a roll in length of duration in my movement, but other times I'll be searching the internet or playing Angry Birds.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:00 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
I completely agree with taking a dump on company time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness