Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

My husband JUST told me that he has been losing his vision in one eye. Half the vision in one eye, on and off a few times the past few days. There's stars and lights and stuff. He's fine waiting for a physical appointment, which will take weeks to get. I'd like him at the ER like yesterday, but I'll settle for a sick appointment that can be squeezed in over the next few days. At least I was able to make him take 325mg of aspirin.

Are men just bull headed or what?!?!?!? I'm freaking out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
I have a list of names I could call men not taking care of their health.

I scare them, "Fine, you could get it taken care of with maybe a pill...or
Wait and then be a ward of the State when so much blood has been lost in your brain,
that I certainly won't take care of your drooling....your choice."

Then you pivot and walk away.

Ps, aspirin could have been the wrong thing to give, thinning the blood and all...who knows.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I scare them, "Fine, you could get it taken care of with maybe a pill...or
Wait and then be a ward of the State when so much blood has been lost in your brain,
that I certainly won't take care of your drooling....your choice."

Then you pivot and walk away.
That's a good one. I have informed him he is not escaping medical care tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ps, aspirin could have been the wrong thing to give, thinning the blood and all...who knows.
I did my research. It can be a sign of partial epilepsy, stroke, heart attack, embolism, and a bunch of awful things that involve carotid artery. Ophthalmologists are advised to start patients on 325mg aspirin daily and refer to medical doctor if the patient is over 40.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's a good one. I have informed him he is not escaping medical care tomorrow.

I did my research. It can be a sign of partial epilepsy, stroke, heart attack, embolism, and a bunch of awful things that involve carotid artery. Ophthalmologists are advised to start patients on 325mg aspirin daily and refer to medical doctor if the patient is over 40.
Very good, I really didn't know.

You were using your head....researching.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,202,217 times
Call an ophthalmologist and tell them the symptoms. They will make room and get him in immediately to take a look. He doesn't need the ER. Might be a detached retina. If so, he needs to get in soon. Don't want to lose that vision. I tore my cornea on a Saturday and an ophthalmologist met me at her office on Sunday morning.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
Call an ophthalmologist and tell them the symptoms. They will make room and get him in immediately to take a look. He doesn't need the ER. Might be a detached retina. If so, he needs to get in soon. Don't want to lose that vision. I tore my cornea on a Saturday and an ophthalmologist met me at her office on Sunday morning.
I'm definitely calling tomorrow morning to get him into see an ophthalmologist and our internist.

My problem is that this happened last night and this morning, but he didn't tell me about it until 7:30pm tonight.

We spent the whole morning together and he never mentioned it until AFTER the doctors' offices are closed.

Then he tells me he can wait for a yearly physical appointment that will take 5 weeks to get.

Nope. He's all mine tomorrow. The man has no choice. He's not responsible enough to have a say in the matter.

All of the causes are either life threatening or eyesight threatening, except for migraine and a couple of other things.

I'm not taking chances.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:48 PM

34,090 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
How do you get grown men to take SERIOUS symptoms seriously?
Gotta say it in a way that will make him think his boy parts will stop working.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Gotta say it in a way that will make him think his boy parts will stop working.
LMAO! I could see that being motivational!

Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 PM

I'm talking a big game. We'll find out tomorrow if I have the power. I think I do.

If not, I'll call everyone we know if he won't go. I've done it before and he went to the ER when he had Lyme's disease.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
We men think we are bulletproof. Keep thinking the problem will go away. My ex saved my life when we were married by forcing me to go to the emergency room with chest pains that I thought was indigestion...........it was a heart attack.

Simply make the appointment and make him go. We are like little boys sometimes and have to be taken by the hand and made to do things.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness