Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,650 times

Advertisements

I don't think your doctors are trying to be "preachy", I think they're trying to protect themselves. In med school, they take the Hippocratic Oath and then when they become doctors they have a ton of liability and have to worry about if they do one thing wrong, they may get sued/get in trouble with the boards, etc.

They're just trying to be responsible. It's their job to not be reckless with the lives of others, and it would be kind of reckless for them to do a vasectomy on a 22 year old.

Imagine if some crazy Westboro Baptist person found out Dr. XYZ was doing vasectomies on 22 year olds... That doc could wind up with a bad reputation and an investigation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 09:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I bet if you told him that you already had 3 kids that he'd be happy to do it.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:30 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorFan View Post
I'm 22 and I plan to do a vasectomy.

All 3 doctors I went to so far have been highly moralistic. Someone advised me to try a younger doctor (the ones I went to were in their 50s).

Any more tips?

I have no kids and got this done last year. Just tell them you don't want kids. Only thing I had to worry about was my mother and the mother-in-law Quite frankly, most of the population should be fixed at birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness