Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:50 AM

3,328 posts, read 2,279,821 times

Advertisements

Since the scheduler mentioned it, my guess is they probably do get patients who are not comfortable and choose to reschedule. If you are uncomfortable, I'd reschedule to a time when female techs will be available.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,990,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Yes, you are over re-acting...they are professionals and you are saying they are not solely because of their gender. Believe me....they aren't looking at your ta-tas to get their jollies. They are giving you a mammogram. You aren't even sure what their sexual preference may be or if they'd find you attractive. Tell me, would you be having problem if you knew that the female tech is a lesbian?

Not even going to comment on the high school thing...because that is rather ridiculous as well. You are not 13 any longer.
+1. I have a male gynecologist and I don't see any difference. They are both professionals, IMO. But you have to go with whom you are comfortable with. Some women prefer a female gynecologist but I have found female gynecologists to be rougher on the downstairs than males

Old 08-27-2014, 06:59 AM

6,886 posts, read 7,910,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
Since the scheduler mentioned it, my guess is they probably do get patients who are not comfortable and choose to reschedule. If you are uncomfortable, I'd reschedule to a time when female techs will be available.
I agree...she made a point of telling you, so she is aware that it can be an issue for some. No harm in rescheduling, is there???

Old 08-27-2014, 07:04 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,285,787 times
Having a male tech wouldn't bother me at all. Like others have said, they do this all day, every day. They're probably sick of seeing boobs.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:08 AM

2,350 posts, read 1,401,318 times
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Attached Thumbnails
FEMALES: Breast MRI w male techs?-mammogram_kirk.jpg  

Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,717,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Yes, it is an MRI, would this change your opinion??

I'm sure I should "get over myself, " but frankly, I am on the younger side and have damm fine breasts!! Which is why it is an MRI and not a mammogram- very dense tissue. I had a head MRI before and now that i think about it, there was only one tech there. Why 2 for the breasts!? Because I have 2 breasts??

I did once have a woman I suspected was a Lesbian at an upscale bra fitting place and I was uncomfortable the way she was busting into the fitting room without knocking. I would not go back there.

But I think being a girl, I just feel more comfortable w other girls seeing me naked no matter what their sexually. Idk why. Something to think about I guess... And yes, one or both might be gay, inured, call in sick, not give a F, etc.

TBA and stereotypical constructing workers ogling from far away is one thing but this is a very dif hands on thing. Up close and very personal.....

I guess I will decide how I feel when I wake up later.

TY!
If it really an MRI you don't even undress....it's not the same as mammogram....so I think something is off with your story.

And you may think you have great ****...but believe me...to nurses and techs - male or female...you are just another bag of meat wrapped in skin.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,220,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I like that they at least called to let you know and ask your preference, which proves that it is a cause for concern for many.

No need to feel shame or "get over yourself." Everyone has a different comfort level, and the better health care providers take that into account.

They called to let her know as a way of covering their butts because there are paranoid and/or litigation-happy women out there who make false accusations and they'd rather not deal with it. There may also be laws requiring them to notify her because of said paranoid and/or litigation-happy women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Having a male tech wouldn't bother me at all. Like others have said, they do this all day, every day. They're probably sick of seeing boobs.
Yep. But also, they are so focused on what they are doing not only in making sure they have the correct placement, but also in keeping a poker face if something bad turns up, as it's the physicians who give the results yet many women will ask how it's going or if the techs see anything during the scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
If it really an MRI you don't even undress....it's not the same as mammogram....so I think something is off with your story.

And you may think you have great ****...but believe me...to nurses and techs - male or female...you are just another bag of meat wrapped in skin.
Pretty much!

Old 08-27-2014, 07:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,053,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
They called to let her know as a way of covering their butts because there are paranoid and/or litigation-happy women out there who make false accusations and they'd rather not deal with it. There may also be laws requiring them to notify her because of said paranoid and/or litigation-happy women.
There "may also be ...??

Come on ...

Old 08-27-2014, 07:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,053,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy53420 View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Way to prove her point, "Rudy."

Let me guess ... you also offer "mustache rides"??

Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 AM

24,678 posts, read 11,011,123 times
Quote:
Yes, it is an MRI, would this change your opinion??

I'm sure I should "get over myself, " but frankly, I am on the younger side and have damm fine breasts!! Which is why it is an MRI and not a mammogram- very dense tissue. I had a head MRI before and now that i think about it, there was only one tech there. Why 2 for the breasts!? Because I have 2 breasts?? !
Sue happy patients.

Quote:
I did once have a woman I suspected was a Lesbian at an upscale bra fitting place and I was uncomfortable the way she was busting into the fitting room without knocking. I would not go back there.
!
A bit paranoid

Quote:
But I think being a girl, I just feel more comfortable w other girls seeing me naked no matter what their sexually. Idk why. Something to think about I guess... And yes, one or both might be gay, inured, call in sick, not give a F, etc. !
All you have to do is reschedule your appointment

Quote:
TBA and stereotypical constructing workers ogling from far away is one thing but this is a very dif hands on thing. Up close and very personal.....
They are professionals who are not the least bit interested in your anatomy. It is a timed performance - et the patient in, get the patient out, next! Simply a matter of economics - the more coming through the better the bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness