Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 04:34 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,342,582 times

Advertisements

How much sleep do you get at night? Is it enough... not enough?

Do you do or take anything that helps you to sleep better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 07:01 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
Probably not enough, most of the time. When I don't have to be at work, I sleep until I wake, which is how I feel the best. If I have to be woken by an alarm clock, I can be fine all day, but not as fine as when I wake naturally.

For the record, when I wake "on my own", it's usually before 8:30 am....so it's not like I'm sleeping all day!!!

If I have trouble falling asleep, I'll pop a benadryl....antihistimines make me sleepy!

Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
I have always slept well. I usually get at least 8 hours every night sometimes more on the weekends. I have been this way since I am a kid. On occasion I might have trouble sleeping but it's rare. If I am really tired I have no trouble falling asleep by 10 pm. The TV usually puts me to sleep but I can go to sleep without it. Hubby has to fall asleep to TV and keep it on most of the night even if the sound is off. If I shut the TV off he wakes up.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have always slept well. I usually get at least 8 hours every night sometimes more on the weekends. I have been this way since I am a kid. On occasion I might have trouble sleeping but it's rare. If I am really tired I have no trouble falling asleep by 10 pm. The TV usually puts me to sleep but I can go to sleep without it. Hubby has to fall asleep to TV and keep it on most of the night even if the sound is off. If I shut the TV off he wakes up.
your routine sounds like our daughters, she can sleep with the TV on or off, but her hubby has to fall asleep with it on. I do think they turn it off later in the evening. I never had trouble sleeping until about 5 years ago. I still usually do ok, I need my full 8 hours and am for sure an early to bed, early to rise person, often falling asleep before 9pm and almost always up by 5 or 5:30. Right now I am having trouble, but that will go away when my knee stops acting up.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:08 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,342,582 times
I have also taken an allergy relief pill (antihistamine) that makes you drowsy and gotten a full night's sleep from it. Right now I take one of the over-the-counter nighttime sleeping pills and they work for me. They're advertised as non habit-forming. I don't take them too often because I don't want to develop a resistance to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness