Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:57 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Well I definitely overindulged since Thanksgiving. I gained 7 pounds!!! I have to start eating healthy again but my husband just came home with 3 big bags of M&M's!!!! Help!!!
You could share them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 01:18 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times
Good post. Create a list of things that you want to accomplish. Refer to them as accomplishments rather than goals. Put them in order of importance. Work on the top 3 and as you made headway or achieve success in those, start on the next ones. Don't overburden yourself with a huge list that causes you anxiety. For instance, send out 10 resumes and eat better Monday-Friday. Indulge in a few food treats on weekends. That kinda thing.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:21 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
These posts are too funny. To top things off, we're snowed in here. I when out to brush all the snow off my car and spotted my neighbors disappearing down the road with their cross-country skis on -- Momma bear, Daddy bear, and Baby bear. As I stepped out of my car, Daddy bear slid over on his skis and said, "Don't try and drive anywhere today. The main roads are not plowed."
What's snow?????????

Old 01-01-2008, 03:19 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Well, ummmm, let's see. I was to lazy to even make my list but I did get out of bed! I found my way to the coffee pot and then to the computer. I found many interesting games here so I played lots of them! Then I went to the refridgerator and got something to eat and more coffee. Played a couple of more trivias here...got more coffee. Oh yeah, grabbed a couple of chocolates and a cookie. Read my emails. Emailed and wished my friends a Happy New Year back. Back to some more trivia. Finally took the dogs out (my husband did it earlier..my turn). To cold, hurry up! They don't and I freeze. This gives you some idea what I have been like this last week. TOMORROW I will make a list!!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:41 PM

7,126 posts, read 12,667,756 times
Here's my motivation:

tomorrow morning I will take a good look at my naked self without sucking in my stomach. I will look front and rear.

I will tell myself that as a woman of a certain age, it's highly unlikely that I am 4-6 months pregnant. And what I'm beholding is holiday indulgence (and wasn't it gooooood!).

Sigh.

Then I will go to the grocery store and buy heaping piles of fruits and vegetables and whole grains...No cheese! No baked goods! No candy, cookies, crackers, or anything other than water to drink.

And on Thursday, it's back to the gym with me to get back into the 3-4x weekly routine.

The naked truth is my motivation. Works pretty well. A bit shocking but necessary.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:49 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
tomorrow morning I will take a good look at my naked self without sucking in my stomach. I will look front and rear.
Here, here!!! I think we should all stand naked in front of the mirror tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:00 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
NO!!! PLEASE NO! Don't even suggest that I do this. Not yet. Give me a day or two. Or maybe a week or two. I will, I promise. Tonight I will sit in front of the TV and enjoy one more night of no worry about how I look. Tomorrow is soon enough. Then, I will look---sigh--and cry!!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
NO!!! PLEASE NO! Don't even suggest that I do this. Not yet. Give me a day or two. Or maybe a week or two. I will, I promise. Tonight I will sit in front of the TV and enjoy one more night of no worry about how I look. Tomorrow is soon enough. Then, I will look---sigh--and cry!!
No, sorry, cynwldkat, but the Holiday are over.

Got that? O-V-E-R, okay?

Old 01-01-2008, 06:41 PM

Sergeant Greenie here...

Okay, everyone, I want everyone up and out of bed tomorrow by 7AM. Got that?

You will all have scrambled egg whites for breakfast. No crying please.

Everyone must do situps, pushups, and run or walk for 1 hour and have this done in the morning BEFORE you do anything else.

For dinner, chicken breast and steamed broccoli.

You can have black coffee in the morning but the only other liquid you will drink all day is water. Okay? Water.

No whining. No complaining. No excuses. Report back to me in the evening.

Sgt. Greenie

-------------

P.S. Oh, and one more thing. No naps. You get out of bed in the morning and you get into bed at night, that's it. Do I make myself clear?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Sergeant Greenie here...

Okay, everyone, I want everyone up and out of bed tomorrow by 7AM. Got that?

You will all have scrambled egg whites for breakfast. No crying please.

Everyone must do situps, pushups, and run or walk for 1 hour and have this done in the morning BEFORE you do anything else.

For dinner, chicken breast and steamed broccoli.

You can have black coffee in the morning but the only other liquid you will drink all day is water. Okay? Water.

No whining. No complaining. No excuses. Report back to me in the evening.

Sgt. Greenie

-------------

P.S. Oh, and one more thing. No naps. You get out of bed in the morning and you get into bed at night, that's it. Do I make myself clear?

THANK YOU SIR

MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness